Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam03/05

Nonsense - if Harte gets another three years he will win another All Ireland title. If the County board manage to get rid of him, they will set Tyrone football back twenty years. Logan / Canavan etc won't take the senior job out of respect to him. - there will be turmoil for years unless this is sorted out, with Harte back in the job for two/ three years.

Quote from: LeoMc on September 02, 2015, 10:46:59 PM
I had always said we should hold on to Mickey until we had a better option, someone who had brought a successful team through U21. We have that now. I have always felt that Danny Ball was given his chance too late. If he had got bringing his double winning team through in 94/95 before they were smashed on the rocks in 95/96 we could have had our first all Ireland a lot quicker. This thinking has always coloured my view.
If we went out in the q finals the call was an easy one.
If we won it (or even reached the final) it was an easy decision.
The silk purse out of a sows ear Mickey has made out of this years panel has left me in 2 minds.
In an ideal world Mickey would win an all Ireland next year and bow out to be replaced by Fergal coming in on the back of a 2nd u21 title.
But this is real life. Can Mickey integrate more u21s or would Fergal be more likely to bring them through?
How much loyalty do the squad have to Mickey? Would we lose players if he went?

Il Bomber Destro

Looks like McNamee is away next year, that's a huge loss for us. Not only do I think everyone he's our best defender right now but he's one of the best in the whole country. Hopefully Clarke can get back to his 2012/13 levels next year or well have a huge void to fill.

The Bearded One

McNamee has grown into a fine player for Tyrone over the past couple of years and will be a huge loss. Padraig Hampsey is a ready made replacement for McNamee but we all know that won't happen.
It is what it is. Presumably.

nrico2006

Quote from: sam03/05 on September 02, 2015, 11:01:22 PM
Nonsense - if Harte gets another three years he will win another All Ireland title. If the County board manage to get rid of him, they will set Tyrone football back twenty years. Logan / Canavan etc won't take the senior job out of respect to him. - there will be turmoil for years unless this is sorted out, with Harte back in the job for two/ three years.

Quote from: LeoMc on September 02, 2015, 10:46:59 PM
I had always said we should hold on to Mickey until we had a better option, someone who had brought a successful team through U21. We have that now. I have always felt that Danny Ball was given his chance too late. If he had got bringing his double winning team through in 94/95 before they were smashed on the rocks in 95/96 we could have had our first all Ireland a lot quicker. This thinking has always coloured my view.
If we went out in the q finals the call was an easy one.
If we won it (or even reached the final) it was an easy decision.
The silk purse out of a sows ear Mickey has made out of this years panel has left me in 2 minds.
In an ideal world Mickey would win an all Ireland next year and bow out to be replaced by Fergal coming in on the back of a 2nd u21 title.
But this is real life. Can Mickey integrate more u21s or would Fergal be more likely to bring them through?
How much loyalty do the squad have to Mickey? Would we lose players if he went?

I'm not a betting man but if I was I wouldn't be putting any money on Harte winning an All Ireland in the next 3 years.  He coached the team to play in one style only and there are players out there who could be important over the next few years that won't be on the team for reasons that have nothing to do with their footballing ability if Harte continues at the helm. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

God14

That would be my biggest fear, if Harte stays on. Certain players not getting picked for the panel for non footballing reasons. The man is soo stubborn.
We need an upgrade on mcrory on the backline, and if Mcnamee is going travelling then the defence is set for big.chances. If harte doesn't select hampsey in January then the support is fragmented yet again.

The Bearded One

Does anyone have an idea on how many of last years u21s are still available in 2016?
It is what it is. Presumably.

superstar_

Quote from: The Bearded One on September 03, 2015, 10:55:40 AM
Does anyone have an idea on how many of last years u21s are still available in 2016?

Sean Fox, Frank Burns, Cathal McShane, Mark Kavanagh, Lee Brennan, Ruairi McGlone, Colm Bryne.
Might be one or two  more panel members i wouldnt just be 100 percent sure off.

TF15

Mickey Harte having to interview to get the chance to be selected as Senior manager? Is this real life or a bad dream. This is amateur hour stuff from Roisin Jordan. The senior team have already met to discuss taking things on another level next year and players such as Mattie Donnelly have recently tweeted his love of playing for Tyrone and Mickey Harte. Clearly the panel are fully behind Harte and there's a strong unity amongst the panel that finished last year. Does it take a rocket scientist to award Mickey another year with the rolling option of two more subject to performance? This is why you need proper football thinkers at head of our county if we want to be the elite county in Ireland. Roisin Jordan has made a meal out of this. Even if the interview turns out a formality. What is the logic? To show everyone that the county board have the power and not Mickey? A complete shambles. If I was him I'd tell them to go fcuk themselves.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on September 02, 2015, 03:36:06 PM
The lady at the head had a successor annointed months ago. She will end up with egg on her face though.

Well don't leave us all hanging Moortown......???

ose 14

roisin jordan 1st question right mickey what have you done for tyrone football?

the goal was on

Yeah but at end of day mickey does 'nt have the power. Like all county managers they should be under the rule of the board. You can't dictate everything. Going to be reappointed but good chance to rein him in a bit

Scoring Zone

Think this could be Jordan bearing her teeth after an incident earlier on the year where she went into the changing to ask for a representative to speak to the media, and harte spilled his guts out at her in front of everyone that was there, so harte obviously knew this was coming down the line with a meeting with the players so soon after the semi-final. But he will be ratified (after another row) as there is no alternative that comes near his tactical reading of the game.

Il Bomber Destro

Very bad injury for McNabb. He's had a superb year and no coincidence he has really began to fulfil his potential when he finally got over the injury problems he had been blighted by previously.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

skeog

massive blow dromores most influential player imo

Soup an Samajiz

Shocking, best manager ever and we are lucky to have him. Joke how this has all panned out. If the county board took their nose out and let him get on with building another All Ireland Team and focused instead on sorting their own club calendar fixtures out they'd be better off.
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people