All Ireland U20 2019

Started by omagh_gael, July 14, 2019, 08:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Not up to speed on other provences this year but Tyrone comprehensively beat a fancied Derry team this evening 4-13 to 1-10.

A look over on gaa.ie shows the following games in a fortnight:

Galway v Leinster winners
Tyrone v Munster winners

I'm assuming Kerry must be big favourites with all those minor wins. Any idea on who is best placed to challenge them?

Angelo

Still no sign of Matthew Murnaghan or Mark Hayes?

Have they any hope of playing a part this year?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GalwayBayBoy

It's Galway v Dublin or Laois anyway in one semi.

dublin7

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 14, 2019, 08:58:37 PM
It's Galway v Dublin or Laois anyway in one semi.

Dubs v Laois on this Friday night in Tullamore. TG4 are showing it live

Blowitupref

Good win for Tyrone against Derry who won the Ulster U18 title in 2017 and reached the AI final. Tyrone won the U17 All Ireland that year out of interest how many of that team is now starting for Tyrone's U20s?

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

twohands!!!

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 14, 2019, 08:03:02 PM
Not up to speed on other provences this year but Tyrone comprehensively beat a fancied Derry team this evening 4-13 to 1-10.

A look over on gaa.ie shows the following games in a fortnight:

Galway v Leinster winners
Tyrone v Munster winners

I'm assuming Kerry must be big favourites with all those minor wins. Any idea on who is best placed to challenge them?

Kerry are missing David Clifford and Diarmuid O'Connor from the U20 team.
They'd still probably be a decent enough team I'd imagine but no way near the overwhelming favourites if they had those 2 available.
Galway won the round robin group that had Dublin, Kerry, Kildare and Cork in it so I'd expect them to be serious contenders/possible favourites.

Angelo

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 14, 2019, 09:04:45 PM
Good win for Tyrone against Derry who won the Ulster U18 title in 2017 and reached the AI final. Tyrone won the U17 All Ireland that year out of interest how many of that team is now starting for Tyrone's U20s?

Derry would have lost a couple of that minor side to the AFL if I am correct?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

inroundthesquare

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 14, 2019, 09:04:45 PM

4 or 5 in the starting 15 from that team. Another 2 or 3 on the bench.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Angelo on July 14, 2019, 09:35:46 PM

Derry would have lost a couple of that minor side to the AFL if I am correct?
Yeah Callum Brown for one.

Quote from: inroundthesquare on July 14, 2019, 09:38:35 PM

4 or 5 in the starting 15 from that team. Another 2 or 3 on the bench.

Thanks.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GalwayBayBoy

Galway v Dublin or Laois
Tyrone v Cork

Captain Obvious

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 14, 2019, 08:03:02 PM

Cork perhaps?

shark

Jeez Cork were impressive.

Rossfan

They were surely Sharkeen.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

johnpower

Don't think Kerry fans were carried Away with the 5 in a row and realize that not all the teams were equal in terms of future potential talent, indeed the amount of Kerry fans (myself included) did not bother to turn up to watch the mini (myself included )

Blowitupref

Lenister final half time. Dublin 1-11 Laois 0-8.  The contest was 0-6 each on 20 minutes. The goal was poor kick out 5 minutes before the break.