Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaafan2

Quote from: kickitin on October 12, 2019, 07:14:31 PM
the lough prompted to division 1. Handing galbally their first loss of the year. Lough 12 points down and came back to win by 1. Galbally with a full team out bar 1. Can see them both staying in division 1 with 2 very young teams.

Galbally up by 8 with 6 minutes left and concede three goals. Had galbally have won we were in pole position to go straight up in second place. Couldn't write it!!

Gaafan2

Quote from: kickitin on October 12, 2019, 07:14:31 PM
the lough prompted to division 1. Handing galbally their first loss of the year. Lough 12 points down and came back to win by 1. Galbally with a full team out bar 1. Can see them both staying in division 1 with 2 very young teams.

Loughmacrory aren't promoted. They have to win their last 2 games.

redhandofgod

Good to see the season of the fix alive!!!

Gaafan2

Quote from: redhandofgod on October 12, 2019, 07:48:04 PM

Looks like payback from galbally following us relegating them from Div 1 last year. We couldn't get a point against them last 5 mins last week yet Loughmacrory stick 3 goals by them :-X

omagh_gael

I can tell you 1000% there no hint of a fix there this evening. It was as full blooded a game as you're likely to see. We scored 5-06 in 2nd half and fought til the end. We pulled two goals back early enough in 2nd half but Galbally put the foot down again to stretch out their lead. We fired in a high ball that came off the post at end of full time and it was tucked away by Conal Grimes. Then one last throw of the dice ended up with young Dermy Gallagher skinning his man and firing a beauty in from a ridiculously tight angle to win it in injury time.

There was a serious crowd at it and Galbally were there to win it. Great scenes at the end for the Lough though.

We've Beragh away and Strabane at home who both technically (although unlikely) could be dragged into a play off for relegation so we'll be taking nothing for granted.

redhandofgod

Behave lad, a team that cudnt win a game against a team with 12 a few weeks ago, come from 12 behind to win and scored 5 goals in the second half! Against a team that hadnt been beat all year 🤣🤣🙈🙈

omagh_gael

Quote from: redhandofgod on October 12, 2019, 08:55:23 PM
Behave lad, a team that cudnt win a game against a team with 12 a few weeks ago, come from 12 behind to win and scored 5 goals in the second half! Against a team that hadnt been beat all year 🤣🤣🙈🙈

Funnily enough you mention the Pomeroy game as today reminded me a lot of it. Across sport there are many examples of teams cruising and in full control of the game and psychologically switch off letting the opposition back into the game. This was a classic example of this in action. You could clearly see and hear that the Galbally men were well up for this and I can only assume they are stacked with Oscar worthy actors as they put on a great act in disguising a dummy result.

The game was fiesty enough and there was more than enough bite to be sure there was no wink wink nudge nudge stuff going on. I seen plenty of neutrals there who I'm sure will back this up.

under the bar

Late season match-fixing is par for the course all around East Tyrone tho. Clonoe and Fianna results would normally be decided in Baldo's on a Saturday night after the bookies trap had been set.

redcard

Quote from: Onionbag_82 on October 12, 2019, 01:17:20 AM
Quote from: topofthesoil on October 12, 2019, 01:11:11 AM
Some say killyclogher and omagh are still half cut from there 1st round championships win, big rip back then, but where are they come sunday?
What have they to celebrate? Avoiding relegation? Very poor game tonight, almost embarrassed to be a Tyrone gael on a night like that.

ACFL Division 1 Reserve 2019 Round 14

Omagh St Enda's 3-11 Killyclogher 2-2

Game of the weekend so far apparently.....

Under Lights

Quote from: omagh_gael on October 12, 2019, 09:11:38 PM
Quote from: redhandofgod on October 12, 2019, 08:55:23 PM

Funnily enough you mention the Pomeroy game as today reminded me a lot of it. Across sport there are many examples of teams cruising and in full control of the game and psychologically switch off letting the opposition back into the game. This was a classic example of this in action. You could clearly see and hear that the Galbally men were well up for this and I can only assume they are stacked with Oscar worthy actors as they put on a great act in disguising a dummy result.

The game was fiesty enough and there was more than enough bite to be sure there was no wink wink nudge nudge stuff going on. I seen plenty of neutrals there who I'm sure will back this up.

Plenty of bite all right, I have seen the pictures of the galbally lads bite marks to prove it.

LeoMc

Any consideration given that the Galbally lads may have a few days celebrations under their belts and a 2nd half wilt would not be unexpected?

BG_Gael

Quote from: omagh_gael on October 12, 2019, 08:46:04 PM

I can tell you 1000% there no hint of a fix there this evening. It was as full blooded a game as you're likely to see. We scored 5-06 in 2nd half and fought til the end. We pulled two goals back early enough in 2nd half but Galbally put the foot down again to stretch out their lead. We fired in a high ball that came off the post at end of full time and it was tucked away by Conal Grimes. Then one last throw of the dice ended up with young Dermy Gallagher skinning his man and firing a beauty in from a ridiculously tight angle to win it in injury time.

There was a serious crowd at it and Galbally were there to win it. Great scenes at the end for the Lough though.

We've Beragh away and Strabane at home who both technically (although unlikely) could be dragged into a play off for relegation so we'll be taking nothing for granted.

Ah 1000%, must mean it's true ...  Very hard to believe Galbally didn't down tools.

under the bar

Quote from: LeoMc on October 12, 2019, 10:47:54 PM
Any consideration given that the Galbally lads may have a few days celebrations under their belts and a 2nd half wilt would not be unexpected?

They'll be riding everything around them in the Lough tonight that's for sure! ;D

WT4E

Quote from: Dee2018 on October 13, 2019, 12:03:26 AM
Sludden must have received a brown envelope at half time as he done everything he could to get lochmacrory a result in the second half. And as for Conall grimes, the poor cub mustn't get fed at home as he was trying to eat a few galbally men by the sound of it (bite marks to prove it)

Poor lad Grimes gets a bad touch on this board.... Don't know him but have talked to others that do and they say he's not a bad ould skin....

Not that biting at loughmacrory would be uncommon but leave the individuals out of it unless they have been found guilty and had a chance to defend themselves.

blewuporstuffed

Alot of chat about him getting a look for Tyrone next year but i wouldnt have him anywhere near it. Some of the acts he hs carried out in club games this year have no place on a football feild.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either