Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Who could forget that clown Barthez gifting two late goals to Terry Henry in 01/02.

stiffler

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on March 10, 2019, 07:05:08 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on March 10, 2019, 06:43:35 PM
Didn't do enough to deserve a result today.  It's the first time I can recall losing by more that one goal to Arsenal in the Premier League era?

There was a 2-0 a couple of years ago and a 3-0 a couple of years before that and that's off the top of my head. When do you think the premier league started!??
This from the same gimp that brought you famous 8 pubs a chanting  ;D

There been a lot of forgettable years since fergie left.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Over the Bar

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 10, 2019, 06:49:49 PM
Didn't do enough to deserve a result today.  It's the first time I can recall losing by more that one goal to Arsenal in the Premier League era?

Short memory? Lost 2-0 against them two years ago.

Wouldn't agree did enough to get at least a draw but were wasteful today and i have seen Arsenal play better and create more chances in defeats to United.  First league defeat for Ole has come at a bad time as Arsenal move ahead of United in the table now and on paper have an easier run-in.

True. Worth the mistake to see Geoff Tits get himself all flustered :D.

Boycey

On another day it could have been 2-0 the other way but ya gotta take the rough with the smooth.... Impressive performance by Fred, Pogba had one of his frustrating games. 

gawa316

Was there any thing in the smalling incident?

Boycey

Quote from: gawa316 on March 10, 2019, 08:33:31 PM
Was there any thing in the smalling incident?

Was watching on a syndicated commentary and they never dwelled on it. I think it was more of a taunt than anything else ?

Link

best keeper in the world a bit flat footed today

GJL

gawa316

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 10, 2019, 07:34:02 PM

Wouldn't agree did enough to get at least a draw but were wasteful today and i have seen Arsenal play better and create more chances in defeats to United.  First league defeat for Ole has come at a bad time as Arsenal move ahead of United in the table now and on paper have an easier run-in.

Not sure if you're back from the Emirates yet but by any chance did you remember that route ye took to Anfield and tha 8 (+) bars that happening to be all singing about the Munich disaster?

Carmen Stateside

So if Chelsea win their game in hand United go to 6th.  Exactly the same spot as when the messiah OGS took over.  Give Ole the job i say ;D

Farrandeelin

Quote from: gawa316 on March 11, 2019, 02:15:01 AM
Quote from: Over the Bar on March 10, 2019, 07:34:02 PM

Not sure if you're back from the Emirates yet but by any chance did you remember that route ye took to Anfield and tha 8 (+) bars that happening to be all singing about the Munich disaster?

Ffs you're as bloody bad as him. ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyCake

Quote from: Link on March 10, 2019, 09:26:26 PM

Was he? I didn't get to see the Real Madrid match.

gallsman

Quote from: BennyCake on March 11, 2019, 09:40:01 AM
Quote from: Link on March 10, 2019, 09:26:26 PM

Was he? I didn't get to see the Real Madrid match.

I'm not sure anyone has ever suggested Jordi Masip is the best goalkeeper in the world.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on March 11, 2019, 07:58:57 AM
So if Chelsea win their game in hand United go to 6th.  Exactly the same spot as when the messiah OGS took over.  Give Ole the job i say ;D

::) yeah, 6th going on 9th or 10th when he took over. And if Chelsea don't win their game in hand?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

magpie seanie

Ya, a little unlucky yesterday on the balance of play and chances but I still think United weren't totally at it. A weird sort of game. Looked like United could open up Arsenal any time they strung 3 or 4 passes together and never really looked troubled at he other end. A bad mistake by the keeper and a very soft penalty award coupled with 3 very bad misses by Lukaku summed it up. These things happen. In truth there were too many passes going astray and United didn't really play too well. Can't afford too many more bad results in the league. Thankfully Spurs have been dragged back into the mix. Happy that Fred backed up his midweek performance....a badly needed option in the middle. A little worried Rashford looks tired.