Stuff for the House

Started by tintin25, April 18, 2018, 02:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tintin25

Folks,

Moving into a new property in the next couple of weeks.  Really need some furniture with the priority being a bed and wardrobe.  Any suggestions where I could pick up something which is decent priced and relatively modern looking?  Not looking to venture round 10 stores before making a choice.

Thanks

haranguerer

tintin25

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Definitely not Ikea.

You will come out of the store with more shit than you need and to top it all you will fight like f**k with whoever is helping you attempt to build it.

Avoid at all costs

tintin25

Ideally want to avoid having to build anything!  Basically need something which half decent and can buy there and then!

haranguerer

Quote from: tintin25 on April 18, 2018, 02:29:19 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on April 18, 2018, 02:20:47 PM
Ikea all the way

Meant to say other than IKEA lol

Was wondering!

In fairness you may have to compromise on avoiding building anything - you'll have right trouble fitting a fully assembled bed and wardrobe in the door of your bedroom!  ;D

Taylor

Quote from: haranguerer on April 18, 2018, 02:45:53 PM
Quote from: tintin25 on April 18, 2018, 02:29:19 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on April 18, 2018, 02:20:47 PM
Ikea all the way

Meant to say other than IKEA lol

Was wondering!

In fairness you may have to compromise on avoiding building anything - you'll have right trouble fitting a fully assembled bed and wardrobe in the door of your bedroom!  ;D

If buying from a shop get them to deliver and assemble

Rois

Where are you based?

Direct Furniture in Belfast (Antrim Rd and opposite Kennedy Centre) do good quality stuff and negotiation welcomed.

tintin25

Quote from: Rois on April 18, 2018, 03:00:13 PM
Where are you based?

Direct Furniture in Belfast (Antrim Rd and opposite Kennedy Centre) do good quality stuff and negotiation welcomed.

House at Blaris, beside Sprucefield

Rois

Def check (All) Direct Furniture near the Felons on the Falls Road then.  I bought mattresses from them about six months ago and got them delivered on the same day by phoning their "man with a van".  I've bought wardrobes from them too though a few years ago, and thought they had nice tables, chairs etc when I was in recently.  They are a family firm (the grandson of the owner was in my nephew's class at primary school).  Worth a look as not too far from you off the motorway.

If it's those new builds, they look lovely. Weekly shop being done in M&S though...

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Quote from: Rois on April 18, 2018, 04:20:50 PM
Def check (All) Direct Furniture near the Felons on the Falls Road then.  I bought mattresses from them about six months ago and got them delivered on the same day by phoning their "man with a van".  I've bought wardrobes from them too though a few years ago, and thought they had nice tables, chairs etc when I was in recently.  They are a family firm (the grandson of the owner was in my nephew's class at primary school).  Worth a look as not too far from you off the motorway.

If it's those new builds, they look lovely. Weekly shop being done in M&S though...

I second that. Direct furniture are great - we bought quite a lot from them.