Edward Kennedy has brain tumour

Started by pintsofguinness, May 20, 2008, 10:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

5 Sams

They say that the Kennedys are cursed and anyone who believes in that theory might have a case given the asassinations of Jack and Bobby, Joe's death in the war, John Jnr in the plane, Michael in the skiing accident and one of them ended up marrying Paul Hill :P ;)

But I think Teddy has bucked the trend...he escaped scot free over the Mary Jo Kopechne incident....he has had a good innings....more than can be said about his relatives!!
The Aristocrat Years

stephenite

Had a good innings and a good career considering he should have been jailed for manslaughter at Chappaquiddick - instead of the whitewash that ensued.

You can be sure if it was anyone else that drove that car off the bridge and left a young woman to drown, not reporting it until the following the day there would have been manslaughter charges laid at the very least, along with a hefty jail sentence

muppet

Quote from: stephenite on May 21, 2008, 12:20:30 AM
Had a good innings and a good career considering he should have been jailed for manslaughter at Chappaquiddick - instead of the whitewash that ensued.

You can be sure if it was anyone else that drove that car off the bridge and left a young woman to drown, not reporting it until the following the day there would have been manslaughter charges laid at the very least, along with a hefty jail sentence

Despite that he was still very good to 'the old country'.
MWWSI 2017

stephenite

Yeah, I know that we hear all about that - it's just every time I see him, I think, member of the elite that got away from bearing full responsibility for his actions which resulted in the death of a young woman because of his family name and their position in American life.

Sort of ruins anything else he might have done later in life, for me.

5 Sams

Spot on Stephenite....the "American Royal family" have got away with quite a bit ....despite what they have done for "The old Country"
The Aristocrat Years

J70

I don't know if I could ever vote for man like Kennedy. Despite the good he has tried to do for people, you have to take responsibility for you actions and Chappaquidick is huge black mark over his entire life.

feetofflames

so none of you ever heard that Teddys drink was spiked and he was run off the road, and just about got away with his own life.  His reputation and career ruined but forever a lame duck politician with no white house possibility - Chappa was a very murky event and one where if you look beyond the reported facts or even talk to those closer to the scene, Chappquiddick was the family bullet thatTeddy dodged OK he survived, but it left his ambitions and the Kennedy name in tatters - a complete set up.  After John F No kennedy would ever be let rise again. 
Chief Wiggum

Over the Bar

Well there's all sorts of conspiracy theories but we can only look at the facts as to what happened. 

1. A young girl died
2. Ted the Red was driving
3. He didn't report it until the next day

Everything else is speculation.  He'e done enough for me to make up my mind.

stephenite

Quote from: feetofflames on May 21, 2008, 08:43:02 AM
so none of you ever heard that Teddys drink was spiked and he was run off the road, and just about got away with his own life.  His reputation and career ruined but forever a lame duck politician with no white house possibility - Chappa was a very murky event and one where if you look beyond the reported facts or even talk to those closer to the scene, Chappquiddick was the family bullet thatTeddy dodged OK he survived, but it left his ambitions and the Kennedy name in tatters - a complete set up.  After John F No kennedy would ever be let rise again. 

So why is he on interview saying it was indefensible that he left the scene of the crime? I don't know if the accident was a set up or not - but he still left a young girl to drown, he should have spent some time in jail regardless

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: stephenite on May 21, 2008, 12:20:30 AMYou can be sure if it was anyone else that drove that car off the bridge and left a young woman to drown, not reporting it until the following the day there would have been manslaughter charges laid at the very least, along with a hefty jail sentence
It was someone else who was driving the car in Chappaquiddick.

Gnevin

Quote from: feetofflames on May 21, 2008, 08:43:02 AM
Jesus fof not every incident in life is one huge conspiracy ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote2. Ted the Red was driving

So he's a communist now?

Or just a closet Man Utd supporter?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

stephenite

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on May 22, 2008, 08:20:22 AM
Quote from: stephenite on May 21, 2008, 12:20:30 AMYou can be sure if it was anyone else that drove that car off the bridge and left a young woman to drown, not reporting it until the following the day there would have been manslaughter charges laid at the very least, along with a hefty jail sentence
It was someone else who was driving the car in Chappaquiddick.

Was it, who was the someone else? I've always been under the impression that he drove the car, plastered.

Main Street

;D
40 years ago.  FFS

I remember in the democratic party  primaries Kennedy V Carter,

Carter said that he would not mention Chappaquiddick, that no matter what happened he would not refer to Chappaquiddick,
that it would be a grave injustice to cast aspersion on the good character of Ted by alluding to Chappaquiddick
That Chappaquiddick was in the past and had no bearing today  etc etc