Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

also if there were top 4/bottom 4 playoffs, county players wouldnt have to be available for EVERY league game and we mightnt be in the position we find ourselves in. the rule they brought in where county men had to be available for every single league game was never going to work. a more workable solution would be them being available for 9-10 league games.

amongthebushes

Orangeman I think you should predict the results for this weekends fixtures for us!

snappiered

Orangeman will you post the fixtures here when you get them.

goal and a point

Quote from: clarshack on November 10, 2008, 02:30:35 PM
also if there were top 4/bottom 4 playoffs, county players wouldnt have to be available for EVERY league game and we mightnt be in the position we find ourselves in. the rule they brought in where county men had to be available for every single league game was never going to work. a more workable solution would be them being available for 9-10 league games.

That would cause a problem - how do they pick which teams you play your county men against. Current Tyrone format is good when Tyrone are going poorly and bad when Tyrone are playing well. Someone suggested they should start leagues earlier but if that was case you would have alot of games played early and you would still have same problem of inactivity over the ideal months for playing football.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: goal and a point on November 10, 2008, 04:02:31 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 10, 2008, 02:30:35 PM

That would cause a problem - how do they pick which teams you play your county men against. Current Tyrone format is good when Tyrone are going poorly and bad when Tyrone are playing well. Someone suggested they should start leagues earlier but if that was case you would have alot of games played early and you would still have same problem of inactivity over the ideal months for playing football.

My proposal

* Retain the current 3 division meeting of 2 x 16s, and 1 x 17.
* Leagues to be played off weekly with 5 starred games to be worked around Tyrone's AI senior games, i.e. the weekend before or the weekend of.
* Some consideration to be made towards pairing teams with County players during these stared games. Example in div two this year Clann Na nGael to face Moy, In div one Cookstown v Coalisland. However the negative of this would that games be of lesser profile, and the crowd pulling fixtures of Errigal, Dromore, Carrickmore etc would be watered down due to the absence of the big name players.
* Consideration be given to one or two midweek fixtures. These games would be derby matches and teams should not be expected to travel greater than 10 miles on a week night. With a bit of marketing by the clubs concerned you could make these crowd pulling games, with the absence of counter attractions on a weekday night.
* Promotion to remain as previous years i.e. Championship winners, and league winners.
* Relegation to remain as usual i.e. the two lowest finishing teams in each of the divisions.
* In addition a play-off to be introduced. The play offs to include the teams that finish 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the promotion positions, and the team that finishes 3rd last in the relegation position.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

tyrone86

WED 12 NOVEMBER

RESERVE IFC FINAL 7:45PM

Pomeroy v Trillick in Greencastle

SAT 15 NOVEMBER 2:30PM

ACL Div 1 Round 11

Galbally v Aghyaran
Kildress v Loughmacrory
Donaghmore v Coalisland

ACL Div 1 Rd 12

Clonoe v Eglish
An Charraig Mhor v Errigal Ciaran (1PM)

ACL Div 1 Rd 13

Dromore v Cookstown

ACL Div 1 Rd 14

Ardboe v Killyclogher

ACL DIV 2 Rd 11

Greencastle v Eskra (2pm)

ACL Div 2 Rd 12

Edendork v Moortown (2pm)

U21 Grade 2 Q/F tbc

Greencastle v Augher (2pm)

SUN 16 NOVEMBER 2pm

ACL Div 2 Rd 10

Clann na nGael v Moy

Radioulster

Will moortown do the dorks a favour??? I would like to think not.

orangeman

Quote from: tyrone86 on November 10, 2008, 04:58:06 PM
WED 12 NOVEMBER

RESERVE IFC FINAL 7:45PM

Pomeroy v Trillick in Greencastle   TRILLICK

SAT 15 NOVEMBER 2:30PM

ACL Div 1 Round 11

Galbally v Aghyaran DRAW
Kildress v Loughmacrory  LOUGHMACRORY BY 10
Donaghmore v Coalisland DONAGHMORE BY 15

ACL Div 1 Rd 12

Clonoe v Eglish EGLISH BY A COUPLE
An Charraig Mhor v Errigal Ciaran (1PM)  ERRIGAL

ACL Div 1 Rd 13

Dromore v Cookstown   DROMORE

ACL Div 1 Rd 14

Ardboe v Killyclogher   KILLYCLOGHER

ACL DIV 2 Rd 11

Greencastle v Eskra (2pm)  GREENCASTLE

ACL Div 2 Rd 12

Edendork v Moortown (2pm)   MOORTOWN

U21 Grade 2 Q/F tbc

Greencastle v Augher (2pm ) AUGHER

SUN 16 NOVEMBER 2pm

ACL Div 2 Rd 10

Clann na nGael v Moy   CLANS

What do you'se think ?

tyrone86

Quote from: clarshack on November 10, 2008, 01:34:43 PM
Quote from: aroundincircles on November 10, 2008, 11:41:14 AM
good enough cheers not many teams have done it over the years all the same.

castlederg won a grade 1 minor championship in 1988 with no county men. i'd say not too many minor teams can say that.

Did Carmen have any minors in 2004?

tyrone86

Quote from: clarshack on November 08, 2008, 05:31:30 PM
when was the last time dungannon were in junior football? must be 1940's?

The last time the Clarke's played in a Junior Final, Derrytresk played in a Senior Championship Final - an omen for the future perhaps?

orangeman

Quote from: tyrone86 on November 10, 2008, 06:37:27 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 08, 2008, 05:31:30 PM
when was the last time dungannon were in junior football? must be 1940's?

The last time the Clarke's played in a Junior Final, Derrytresk played in a Senior Championship Final - an omen for the future perhaps?

That's a good un !

sam03/05

sad to hear the news about Fr Rocks and Edendork clubrooms. Hope both clubs get plently of help from the GAA in helping to rebuild.
I know that Cookstown had done a lot of work in redevelopment this year, sad to see all the hard work undone by a few idiots.
Although I would expect both clubs to re emerge bigger and stronger than before.

orangeman

Quote from: sam03/05 on November 10, 2008, 09:52:17 PM
sad to hear the news about Fr Rocks and Edendork clubrooms. Hope both clubs get plently of help from the GAA in helping to rebuild.
I know that Cookstown had done a lot of work in redevelopment this year, sad to see all the hard work undone by a few idiots.
Although I would expect both clubs to re emerge bigger and stronger than before.

If they were Orange halls, they'd be started rebuilding by now !

Wee Roddy

A couple of things lads

* Orangeman why would you think Carmen are going to throw the points to Errigal ;)

*  tyrone86 you are in fact correct, Carrickmore had no minors when they won the    
     county minor title in 2004

* my source could be wrong but I think that Carrickmore had no representatives on the Tyrone panel in 1999 when the O'Neill cup rested in Carrickmore. Seamus McCallan toed and froed from 1998 to early 2003 but I dont think he was in the squad in 1999        

feetofflames

Aye the beef was well and truly on then.  Mc Callan was an excellent club player and had all the attributes to be an exceptional county player but never really shone.  Would you agree wee roddy. 
Chief Wiggum