The Jack is Back

Started by Kerry Mike, November 10, 2008, 10:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

The worst kept secret in the Kingdom is out, Jack O Connor the new Kerry manager on a two year term just on Radio Kerry!

No news on the backroom team but looks like Eamon Fitzmaurice and Ger O'Keeffe as selectors , no news on the very important trainer yet.

So put a shine on Sam 'cause he might be coming home next year   :P
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

johnpower

Good news .Best of luck Jack .No for the reaction of the existing players . Its good to see him giving it another lash

kickingmule

Good to see Jack back@ the reigns ... but sorry lads,  SAM is well nailed down here in Tyrone..... [6" wires]

we'll sent ya a photo for 2009!!!  :D :D :D

orangeman

Jack will put manners in them !  ;)

Final Whistle

Jack is back????

is that the sequel to the book or the managerial term?
:P :P

Over the Bar

No better incentive for Mickey Harte to to reach the AI final and put Jack back in his box once again!

feetofflames

or a song
"oops I did it again"
Listen Jack already adds spice to the battle for team of the new millenium (this year having already sorted out battle for the team of the decade).  There will always of course be indecisive jounalists who cant decide!!!
I hope the nouveaux - riche term dosent come back to haunt him.  :o
As far as I can see Jack gave away the keys to the kingdom, and they now reside on the shores of Lough Neagh.
Chief Wiggum

Fuzzman

A genuine question lads...

Who was the last manager to make a 2nd coming and be successful?

??? ??? ???

rrhf

By God it was Billy Morgan. 

5 Sams

Quote from: Fuzzman on November 11, 2008, 11:46:42 AM

??? ??? ???

Did Heffo make a comeback after Hanahoe was player manager?
The Aristocrat Years

heffo

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 11, 2008, 12:05:38 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on November 11, 2008, 11:46:42 AM

??? ??? ???

Did Heffo make a comeback after Hanahoe was player manager?

He did indeed - returned in '79 and won the AI in '83..

tyssam5

I wonder will the O'Se's still be able to decide which training runs they want to complete and which they want to get picked up by a car with half way through?

Mike Sheehy

why dont you worry about keeping Mulligan away from the pies and we'll worry about D'O'Se

magickingdom

glad jack took it i'm sure he'll do a good job, theres talk alan o sullivan will be the trainer (brother of john who plays with munster). my only worry would be that he might just be around for a year or two. i think at this stage kerry could do with continuity in the position for the next while. ger o keeffe knows his football (if not his manners ;)) so he'll do ok too. should make for an interesting summer next year!

red hander

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 11, 2008, 07:04:14 PM
why dont you worry about keeping Mulligan away from the pies and we'll worry about D'O'Se

The greatest goal ever seen at Croker was fuelled by Dennys!