HOW WOULD YOU VOTE IN A BORDER POLL?

Started by RedHand88, March 20, 2021, 02:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you back unity if a border poll was held tomorrow?

Yes (Northerner)
No (Northerner)
Yes (Southener)
No (Southener)

Angelo

Quote from: seafoid on March 29, 2021, 06:27:36 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 29, 2021, 05:50:50 PM
I think you are showing plenty of ignorance here. Asking to engage with people are not willing to engage and never will be shows how little experience you have with unionism.

"And never will " is bullshit.
It will take work to make it work.
Unless you want the 6 counties to remain as a polarised kip.

See this is just it. You clearly know nothing about the north. How have unionist politics progressed in the past 100 years. Have a look at the soldier F thing a few years back and tell me these are the type of people who can be engaged. Your level of ignorance is off the chart.

You saw Gregory Campbell last week did you? That's the sort of viewpoint that sees you top the poll and romp home in elections in unionist constituencies.

That's the sort of rhetoric that will have unionists vote enmasse for you. Can you name me a progressive unionist politician?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

seafoid

Quote from: Angelo on March 29, 2021, 07:11:51 PM
I think you are showing plenty of ignorance here. Asking to engage with people are not willing to engage and never will be shows how little experience you have with unionism.

See this is just it. You clearly know nothing about the north. How have unionist politics progressed in the past 100 years. Have a look at the soldier F thing a few years back and tell me these are the type of people who can be engaged. Your level of ignorance is off the chart.

You saw Gregory Campbell last week did you? That's the sort of viewpoint that sees you top the poll and romp home in elections in unionist constituencies.

That's the sort of rhetoric that will have unionists vote enmasse for you. Can you name me a progressive unionist politician?

Nobody in the South will vote for NI v 2.0 with the Shinners in charge and the Unionists as the Taigs. Get real.

bennydorano

Quote from: seafoid on March 29, 2021, 07:29:31 PM

Nobody in the South will vote for NI v 2.0 with the Shinners in charge and the Unionists as the Taigs. Get real.
I've  said it a few times before but I'm not sure the ROI citizenry would vote for a UI in the secrecy of the polling booth.

Angelo

Quote from: seafoid on March 29, 2021, 07:29:31 PM

That type of scenario just shows how deluded you are and how little you know about the north.

Do you expect a United Ireland means An Garda Siochana colluding with Catholics to murder innocent Protestants?

It's a moronic argument you are putting forward without a shred of logic or intelligence.

6th sam

Seafoid has shown he has plenty of knowledge of the North Tbf, and makes a lot  of sense, if you dismiss Seafoid you're not going to have much luck getting many southerners on board, Angelo

Angelo

Quote from: 6th sam on March 29, 2021, 08:51:24 PM
Seafoid has shown he has plenty of knowledge of the North Tbf, and makes a lot  of sense, if you dismiss Seafoid quoit not going to have much luck getting many southerners on board

His argument is primitive and shows no understanding of the north.

skeog

Met a man today all he was concerned about was his benefits and his car thats the problem.No free cars down south he said and the fraud squad would know when you went to the toilet.I couldnt believe that he thought this way his benefits before a UI.To make it worse he would be a strong SF supporter.If he is thinking like that what hope have we of winning BP imo.

6th sam

Quote from: Angelo on March 29, 2021, 08:53:22 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on March 29, 2021, 08:51:24 PM
Seafoid has shown he has plenty of knowledge of the North Tbf, and makes a lot  of sense, if you dismiss Seafoid quoit not going to have much luck getting many southerners on board

His argument is primitive and shows no understanding of the north.

Genuinely curious, have you found that insulting people is effective in winning people over to your arguments?
You have views that many would agree with but your aggressive antagonistic approach , more often than not, undermines your argument

6th sam

Quote from: skeog on March 29, 2021, 08:57:27 PM
Met a man today all he was concerned about was his benefits and his car thats the problem.No free cars down south he said and the fraud squad would know when you went to the toilet.I couldnt believe that he thought this way his benefits before a UI.To make it worse he would be a strong SF supporter.If he is thinking like that what hope have we of winning BP imo.

Incredibly I've heard similar rationale from so-called republicans 🤦🏻‍♂️

Rossfan

We can do without the likes of that cnut.
How do you get a free car?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gmac

Quote from: Rossfan on March 29, 2021, 09:13:43 PM
We can do without the likes of that cnut.
How do you get a free car?
thinking of moving up to the wee 6 ?

sid waddell

Quote from: 6th sam on March 29, 2021, 08:59:16 PM

I said last week that there is an element of Sinn Fein's support in the Republic that would vote against unification

It's not surprising it would be the same up north

Saffrongael

Sinn Fein might find it difficult to wean some of their supporters off the British teat, "take what you can it's the Brits money"
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: 6th sam on March 29, 2021, 08:59:16 PM

I was told on here that the south gives you more if you're a benefits user! Is it not the case?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Evil Genius

Quote from: Angelo on March 29, 2021, 03:57:09 PM
Moderate unionism represents about 5% of unionism.
Does that mean you think only 5% of Unionists are "moderate", which most people would take to mean reasonable, open to compromise, willing to see the other side etc?

If so, what percentage would you ascribe to nationalism?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"