Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 11, 2020, 08:01:36 AM
The TV money is small in comparison to the gate receipts. If the county season comes back there will be tv money but there will also be a lot of costs associated with running county teams. The season certainly wouldn't generate any fortune without any crowds.

And this business of the gaa only wanting the money is a load of nonsense. If that's all they were interested in (and the tv was going to generate so much money) then they'd be playing the county season right now instead of club football and not waiting to later in the year when there is a far greater risk of things being cancelled.

I'm with rrhf on this one. If it's possible under the current guidelines play away at the county season. Give everyone some sort of an interest during autumn/winter other than premier league soccer. You here people say scrap it to March etc when it is highly likely things then won't be any different to now. You'd think from some people's comments that come 31/12/2020 covid is going to end and everything will just go back to normal. It's something we're going to have to get used to for a while and adopt round it and get on with things as best we can without taking huge risks at times when there is large outbreaks.

Can't imagine too many counties landing to training with no changing room or gyms open prior. It's all been a trial for the county and to buy as much time as possible.

Angelo

Quote from: Taylor on August 11, 2020, 07:50:32 AM
Quote from: Angelo on August 10, 2020, 07:09:20 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 10, 2020, 04:35:17 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 10, 2020, 02:56:28 PM
The Championship is going to be farcical this year in any case.

I'd be very surprised if Tyrone beat Donegal and I'd say there is a fair chance it might not go ahead at all. Makes more sense to play off the remaining two rounds of the league and start afresh around March straight into League action.

But what about the coin?

Thats all the top brass are really interested in

But we're still at a point where only 200/400 people can attend club games. Is it really going to improve much before the end of the year?

It's going to be a farce of a championship this year, whoever wins it will have a big asterisk landed beside their name.

Imagine an All Ireland final played in December where attendance is limited to 10k or something like that? There's no real point.

The TV money.

It doesnt matter how many are at the games - if they are ran off then the money comes in

County teams cost big money to run, if gate receipts are rattled, how will county boards fund them?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

skeog

The crowds that HQ were hoping for are no longer.Be unlikely County action will go ahead.

RedHand88

Pearse Blue

http://hoganstand.com/article/index/312457?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Darren McCurry hoping the inter-county season doesn't go ahead??? Surely this isn't a good mindset for us? 

GetOverTheBar

It'll be a short enough inter county season, Donegal will win if it's not moved anyway.

The lad has probably just answered honestly, not major news. I would imagine 99% of players probably thinking the same.

Angelo

Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 01, 2020, 12:14:29 PM
http://hoganstand.com/article/index/312457?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Darren McCurry hoping the inter-county season doesn't go ahead??? Surely this isn't a good mindset for us?

Can't really see much wrong with what he said. I personally would be in favour of just finishing the two league games out and provisionally plan for returning intercounty in Jan/Feb if things have improved.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 01, 2020, 01:02:09 PM
It'll be a short enough inter county season, Donegal will win if it's not moved anyway.

The lad has probably just answered honestly, not major news. I would imagine 99% of players probably thinking the same.
Surely the wet ground shouldn't have that much of an impact? Can't be that bad that you don't want to play?
Most inter-country grounds would have great surfaces anyway

smort

Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 01, 2020, 02:15:57 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 01, 2020, 01:02:09 PM

Surely the wet ground shouldn't have that much of an impact? Can't be that bad that you don't want to play?
Most inter-country grounds would have great surfaces anyway

Don't think he is talking about the wet ballybofey turf...

redzone

Angelo will be a happy man with mckennas return home for good. Hopefully it's the missing piece

Angelo

Great stuff.

He's coming back at the right time, still only 24.

I suspect he will line out at half forward if it when he does join the county set up.

I

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Angelo on September 08, 2020, 07:22:03 AM
Great stuff.

He's coming back at the right time, still only 24.

I suspect he will line out at half forward if it when he does join the county set up.

I
Anywhere in the middle 8

GetOverTheBar

The board will be good around Hallowe'en now.

McKenna comes on against Donegal, drops a ball. Donegal go down pitch. Score.

Gaaboard demands his head.

omagh_gael

With no McShane this year, what's the chances of him being drafted into county panel?

GetOverTheBar

He'll be there 100%, if he plays any game time is another thing. Definitely don't see him in anyway replacing McShane though...I'd say Paul Donaghy is eyeing up that spot after his championship so far.

Tyrone will be up against it in Donegal, Harte isn't exactly known for taking gambles. Although he can look forward to a 7 month pre season for 2021. Maybe Donaghy too.

Don't think McKenna thought this fully through.