Donie Halloran (Cortoon Shamrocks)
Jonathan McGrath (Caherlistrane)
Ruairi King (Clifden)
Liam Tevnan (Northern Gaels)
Ethan Fiorentini (St Michael's)
Darragh Kennedy (Clifden)
Daniel McNulty (St James)
James McLoughlin (Moycullen)
Daniel O'Flaherty (Salthill-Knocknacarra)
Alan Naughton (Caltra)
Daniel Cox (Moucullen)
Dylan Brady (Corofin)
Nathan Grainger (Claregalway)
Tomo Culhane (Salthill-Knocknacarra)
Warren Seoige (Naomh Anna, Leitir Moir)

Cox,Culhane and goalkeeper Halloran played last year any others?

Last summer Galway CW won the Ted Webb cup (U16 level) and Galway North won the Ted Webb Shield so they are very much the team to beat at this grade in Connacht once more.
Galway should have a decent side alright but both of those finals against the 2 Mayo teams went down to the wire. The North Galway team were well beaten by one of those Mayo teams in their group.

Blowitupref

Quote from: galwayman on May 15, 2019, 03:48:34 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 15, 2019, 02:41:48 PM
Galway minor team for Friday night

Donie Halloran (Cortoon Shamrocks)
Jonathan McGrath (Caherlistrane)
Ruairi King (Clifden)
Liam Tevnan (Northern Gaels)
Ethan Fiorentini (St Michael's)
Darragh Kennedy (Clifden)
Daniel McNulty (St James)
James McLoughlin (Moycullen)
Daniel O'Flaherty (Salthill-Knocknacarra)
Alan Naughton (Caltra)
Daniel Cox (Moucullen)
Dylan Brady (Corofin)
Nathan Grainger (Claregalway)
Tomo Culhane (Salthill-Knocknacarra)
Warren Seoige (Naomh Anna, Leitir Moir)

Cox,Culhane and goalkeeper Halloran played last year any others?

Last summer Galway CW won the Ted Webb cup (U16 level) and Galway North won the Ted Webb Shield so they are very much the team to beat at this grade in Connacht once more.
Galway should have a decent side alright but both of those finals against the 2 Mayo teams went down to the wire. The North Galway team were well beaten by one of those Mayo teams in their group.

North Galway team won the shield final by 9 points.  City West team won the cup final by 5 points.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

magpie seanie

I wouldn't be reading too much into u16 competitions. Or leagues. Minor when it was U-18 was very much about who performed on the day....think U-17 is even moreso.

Blowitupref

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 16, 2019, 08:53:28 AM
I wouldn't be reading too much into u16 competitions. Or leagues. Minor when it was U-18 was very much about who performed on the day....think U-17 is even moreso.

No two year gap between Ted Webb and Minor anymore and i think there is a better idea where teams stand. I also think it was more on the day when it was a knock out format not as much now when its a group stage. Saying all that its 16,17 year olds and that age they are notoriously inconsistent.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Cunny Funt

Connachr minor half times

Leitrim 0-4 Mayo 0-8
Roscommon 0-6 Galway 1-11

galwayman

Ros have mounted a comeback and leading by one now

Tubberman

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: galwayman on May 17, 2019, 08:42:32 PM
Ros have mounted a comeback and leading by one now

Won it by 2 in the end. Were 8 points down at HT. Just shows you how very young players can struggle once the momentum of a match goes against them.

Cunny Funt

Roscommon 1-17 Galway 1-15 FT some game of two halves there in Hyde Park and big upset win.

galwayman

I'm pretty sure there is a semi final this year between the 2nd and 3rd placed teams (the top team goes straight into the final) so our lads still very much in it.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: galwayman on May 17, 2019, 09:02:46 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a semi final this year between the 2nd and 3rd placed teams (the top team goes straight into the final) so our lads still very much in it.

There is yeah.

First Galway loss in Connacht at minor in 5 years. I imagine they are happy enough now that they are still alive rather than already knocked out.

Rossfan

Well done to our ladeens who certainly turned things around in the 2nd half.
Wasn't able to make it tonight but I was told by a chap who was there that  it was one amazing experience and Aaron Oyiki's goal was one of the finest ever in the Hyde.
Hopefully TG4 show a decent bit of it Monday night (If they're not too upset at the outcome).
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

giveballaghback

Was at the game last night and it was a serious second half comeback, Ros were off the pace completely in the first half, what looked a serious injury to Daire Cregg seemed to upset them and also a very questionable Galway goal gave all the momentum to Galway.
Very strong tae at ht got the Rossies flying and I have to say they dominated Galway in every line in that 2nd half the highlight being that brilliant goal by Aaron Oyiki.
Ros had seven players on the field yesterday that did not play u16 last year, I hope young Creggs injury is not too serious and wish him a speedy recovery. Now on to the rhubarbs next Friday in ballina.

Rossfan

7 lads that weren't on the U16s last year is an odd one?
Injuries? Other sports? ??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

giveballaghback

Dont really know, at that age panels keep evolving, our u16 were beaten by everyone last year [or nearly everyone] so i suppose they had to make changes, by all accounts Emmet Durney has done a lot of work with them this year and it showed in that 2nd half last evening, Galway definitely panicked in that 2nd half but Im sure they will address that and will be thinking valuable lesson learned that can be corrected.
Both teams will learn from this game which really was a quality game of football and a credit to both counties.