GAA books

Started by Jinxy, August 17, 2011, 12:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 13, 2013, 10:54:44 AM
Haven't read an autobiography in a few years but really want to get Tysons when it comes out.  Thinking about Lance Armstrongs too.  DJ Carey is in Craigavon this weekend signing copies of his book.

Where and when?

More importantly, why?

muppet

Quote from: BennyCake on November 14, 2013, 12:34:46 PM
Haven't read an autobiography in a few years but really want to get Tysons when it comes out.  Thinking about Lance Armstrongs too.  DJ Carey is in Craigavon this weekend signing copies of his book.

Where and when?

More importantly, why?

It's a conspiracy.
MWWSI 2017

BennyCake

Quote from: muppet on November 14, 2013, 12:53:18 PM

Where and when?

More importantly, why?

It's a conspiracy.

I thought so  ::)

BennyCake

Quote from: hardstation on November 14, 2013, 01:28:09 PM

Where and when?

More importantly, why?
1. Craigavon.
2. This weekend.
3. To sign copies of his book.

You know the time and exact location?

Hardy

What kind of a pen will he be using?

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on November 14, 2013, 03:44:07 PM
What kind of a pen will he be using?

A 'did knee ha' pen.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Massive crowd on Saturday in Rushmere, half an hour wait in the queue in Easons to get DJ to sign my book and KK jersey. Cultural differences in evidence too, I overheard two women passing the shop, wondering what all the fuss was about, and one, after reading the poster said "Its D J Carey, whoever that is?"

The most unlikely person to appear in Craigavon since Christy Moore played nearby Brownlow Leisure Centre in 1995.

Keepthefaith93

Feckitt

This should be good,

Classic Croker Goals, The floor scaper incident, and the world's greatest ever blonde mullet/ginger beard combo.

Add in your County's first ever All-Ireland win, Your club's first ever All-Ireland win, it should be good craic.

theskull1

Quote from: T Fearon on November 18, 2013, 11:57:08 AM
Massive crowd on Saturday in Rushmere, half an hour wait in the queue in Easons to get DJ to sign my book and KK jersey. Cultural differences in evidence too, I overheard two women passing the shop, wondering what all the fuss was about, and one, after reading the poster said "Its D J Carey, whoever that is?"

The most unlikely person to appear in Craigavon since Christy Moore played nearby Brownlow Leisure Centre in 1995.

Probably from cross  :D
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Hardy

I had this dream last night, word for word. Maybe I need help:

Welcome to this week's book review on Radio Tyrone. This week, our guest reviewer, The Invisible Man, has been reading "Mugsy", by Eoin Mulligan.

The Invisible Man, what did you think of Eoin Mulligan's book?
-   I'm not The Invisible Man any more. I'm The Seventh Of October.
Does that mean –
-   No. I'm still invisible
The book?
-   I burned it.

I think I'm beginning to get lawnseed.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: T Fearon on November 18, 2013, 11:57:08 AM

I was surprised at the size of the crowd myself.

T Fearon

I suppose Muggsy will  be sitting on a sofa, out in the Main Street in Cookstown, at 1.30am in the morning, signing copies of the book....well at least until the PSNI arrive! ;D

emmetryan

Hi guys,

My new book on Gaelic Football tactics over the last 12 months, Victory Loves Preparation, is out now. It's €15 and you can get it one of three ways...

1. Order it online here: http://www.originalwriting.ie/collections/new-releases/products/victory-loves-preparation

2. Come to the launch in Kilmacud Crokes on Thursday the 28th of November.

3. Drop me a PM and meet me in Dublin.

Ebook version will be available soon, I'll update when it is.

Thanks,
Emmet
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

5 Sams

Donal Keenan has a new one out on Páidí. It was launched a week ago in Dublin. Don't see on sale anywhere yet?
The Aristocrat Years