Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Is it true that Tyrone Under 20s were training last night admist an appeal that has been launched against the semi final result???

barelegs

Quote from: Under Lights on June 13, 2018, 09:25:19 AM
Is it true that Tyrone Under 20s were training last night admist an appeal that has been launched against the semi final result???

Well I was talking to two of the team last night so they weren't training but I have heard more talk of an appeal.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on June 12, 2018, 11:27:34 PM
Quote from: Club boi on June 12, 2018, 05:34:39 PM
If this is Gareth Devlin Stewartstown your talking about, Quality player. Very under rated, wins his own ball, can hit an inside forward with accurate balls, knows were the posts are and if needed has the strength to not let anyone walk over him anyway
The very boy has it all the complete player. I seen him score points like Stephen ONeill out beside the corner flag. He was marking good men too. Seriously strong and fit as fiddle.
He is a very good player and playing well at club level, but when I seen him this year he didnt look 'fit as a fiddle'
He would need to shed a few pounds in order to be in the reckoning for an inter county return.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

tiempo

Quote from: Under Lights on June 13, 2018, 07:31:27 AM
Dan Lowe from the same club might be worth a look in next year or two

Hows Dan playing at the minute? Seen glimpses and looks like a potential superstar, does he have the temperament for it?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Under Lights on June 13, 2018, 09:25:19 AM

My own clubs u20 member was at our club training last night - although admittedly, watching.

omagh_gael

Seen both Stewartstown players a few weeks back and didn't stand out as being county material. DL most impressive but possibly not got the physique to be the type of player Tyrone need?

GaaFanatic123

Speaking to Omagh men who are close to the club I know that Conan Grogan was definitely invited back in a few weeks ago but declined the offer!!
Great player after watching him last year in last years championship, haven't saw him yet this year but even after last year he deserved a call up!!

Degrassi Hi

I'd heard some talk of both Stewartstown men heading to the States also for the summer which would obviously rule out any unlikely call-up anyway. Donnelly from Killyclogher is another man heading to America.

OffTheDeck

If it's out and out scoretakers we're talking. What about Darragh Kavanagh?

Therealdonald

Kavanagh too small for the county game. I think if we were flat out we'd struggle to find a role for Mark Bradley at the minute. I think Mickey is going for bigger, stronger forwards that can win more 50/50 ball as evidenced with Richie in full forward.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Therealdonald on June 13, 2018, 06:41:45 PM
Kavanagh too small for the county game. I think if we were flat out we'd struggle to find a role for Mark Bradley at the minute. I think Mickey is going for bigger, stronger forwards that can win more 50/50 ball as evidenced with Richie in full forward.

Don't think Mickey is going for forwards at all at the minute as evidence his recent selections

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: SkillfulBill on June 13, 2018, 08:24:01 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on June 13, 2018, 06:41:45 PM

Don't think Mickey is going for forwards at all at the minute as evidence his recent selections
His substitutions the last day certainly didnt have forwards as the priority anyway.

Tyrone Gaa

Tyrone have lodged an objection to the Ulster council after the result of the u20 game. Doubt much will come of it. It would cause Ulster a major headache replaying the game.
Living the dream!!!

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on June 13, 2018, 09:39:02 PM
Tyrone have lodged an objection to the Ulster council after the result of the u20 game. Doubt much will come of it. It would cause Ulster a major headache replaying the game.

Tyrone County board need to catch themselves on here. The u20s should have taken care of business on the field and this thumbing through the rule book to look a replay on a technicality is sad. Particularly when your opposition gained no advantage for the rule break as you where equally guilty. Have a bit of class and do not expose the county to justifiable ridicule.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: SkillfulBill on June 13, 2018, 10:11:16 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on June 13, 2018, 09:39:02 PM

Tyrone County board need to catch themselves on here. The u20s should have taken care of business on the field and this thumbing through the rule book to look a replay on a technicality is sad. Particularly when your opposition gained no advantage for the rule break as you where equally guilty. Have a bit of class and do not expose the county to justifiable ridicule.
Should have been Armagh 12 Tyrone 13. So 15 on 15 definitely gave advantage to Armagh.