Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

Tyrone could get to the last 8 now playing Carlow, Louth or Leitrim and Laois.........a bit like Dublin playing in Leinster!!!!

skeog

I am sure Mayo and several other teams be looking same.Can Tyrone play Monaghan in 3rd round qualifers if both come through.I read somewhere that they couldnt but may be wrong.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: WT4E on June 11, 2018, 09:33:17 AM
Is Mattie D just another overrated footballer? (I've heard from people before and I use to argue with them but now I'm starting to think they are right)?

Tyrone should have been knocked out by a team Longford beat and I think Mickey Harte owes Cathal McShane a very large drink for saving his job - surely he wouldn't have survived if Tyrone had of been beat.

Thon McShane boy just wanted to avoid playing Greencastle yesterday.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dire Ear

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 10, 2018, 12:19:28 PM
Didn't post on the game yesturday as I was trying to think it over really.

Postives - Tyrone won, Ritchie Donnelly done rightly - without being superb. Ronan O'Neill answered his critics the best way possible and I thought that McShane stepped up, obviously when it really mattered. Paudie McNulty done well too, I thought it was harsh to take him off actually and I wouldn't have been too positive about him prior. Tyrone also kicked the ball plenty, showing a willingness to get it forward for once. This game will have done Tyrone no harm, they got the fright of their lives yesturday and to be honest - probably should be out of the AI Series with important players now to return. Didn't get punished ultimately by some dreadful finishing - Matty Donnellly missed one towards the end that had me thinking to myself this team is out.

Negatives - Are Tyrone running on empty already? Is Colm Cavanagh unfit or is he finished? I think it's a fair question - he's beginning to be targeted. Meath showed Tyrone absolutely no respect whatsoever (suppose why should they) - teams know we are there to be dumped out - we need another favourable draw next round-I think it would be better to avoid Monaghan/Tipp and losers of Down/Donegal. Discipline/Tackling as mentioned prior was brutal. Thought Meath were tactically better - bringing on the speedsters at the end of the game (normal time) should have had us out and I'd say the ref maybe helped Tyrone over the line.

Still think Tyrone will get to the Super 8's, but that's all she rode for the county unless they stumble across the formula over the next few games.
Was at the game and it's funny how 2 supporters see the same match!
McNulty was very poor in my eyes as was McShane , if you take out the equalising point
Matty was average, although his workrate has improved and Richard was trying hard; a good target man I think.
C Cav isn't 100 fit but boy does he try!  T McCann deserved the red in my eyes, elbow to the ribs was milked obviously in front of the linesman.
Agree about the tackling, but that referee was brutal, against Tyrone in the first half, and basically against logic after that.
Burns is quality, maybe his tackling could be better and a new no.11?
Anyone else think that putting Matty to CHB and Burns to CHF at beginning of extra time was strange-a gamble??  I think it was a good one,  obviously RONeill coming on was better, but he should have been on sooner.

RedHand88

Quote from: skeog on June 11, 2018, 10:54:46 AM
I am sure Mayo and several other teams be looking same.Can Tyrone play Monaghan in 3rd round qualifers if both come through.I read somewhere that they couldnt but may be wrong.

I think it's open draw now so yea they could meet.

BennyHarp

Carlow is a decent draw for us. They'll be well up for it but their style should suit us down to the ground. Surely at this stage we are well use to dealing with a defensive set up. We have nearly mastered the defensive system (I appreciate this has lapsed a bit this year), having learned from Donegal so I can't see anything that Carlow can bring to the table with regards this tactic should unduly concern us. They are relative novices at developing that style, which may be effective in Div 4 and the early stages of a Leinster championship but this is a big step up for them to test their system against a team like Tyrone. They are unlikely to rattle a big score which will also help as our ability to score, outside of Skeet's purple patches, is very limited at the minute.
That was never a square ball!!

longballin

Could send down a club team to beat Carlow

Therealdonald

Quote from: longballin on June 11, 2018, 04:11:26 PM

A fair few of our boys will be extra up for this 1. Can remember Poacher acting a real scallywag when he was involved with Down u21s against Tyrone. Think it would be Matty and Pete'ys age group.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Therealdonald on June 11, 2018, 05:22:21 PM
Quote from: longballin on June 11, 2018, 04:11:26 PM

A fair few of our boys will be extra up for this 1. Can remember Poacher acting a real scallywag when he was involved with Down u21s against Tyrone. Think it would be Matty and Pete'ys age group.

I've also heard Teamtalk a couple of times allude to the fact that there was a few rows when we played Carlow in a challenge game before the McKenna Cup this year. Does anyone know anymore about that?

skeog

Sure TTM were talking Poacher up after the Kildare game may have had him on one night.

Under Lights

Heard that Kyle Coney has been invited back to train with the team tonight.
Solid source. Don't forget it was I that told you about Ruairi Sludden.

Quote from: Under Lights on June 01, 2018, 11:30:13 AM
Ruairi Sludden has been drafted into the panel according to my source.

Degrassi Hi

Quote from: Under Lights on June 12, 2018, 12:34:54 PM
Heard that Kyle Coney has been invited back to train with the team tonight.
Solid source. Don't forget it was I that told you about Ruairi Sludden.

Quote from: Under Lights on June 01, 2018, 11:30:13 AM
Ruairi Sludden has been drafted into the panel according to my source.

Can't see it some how - wasn't he not part of the exodus from the east that took a van load of Shay, McNeice, PJ, & Dwayne Quinn away in one swoop!  Mickey O'Neill almost jumped back then too. A good youth player but that ship has sailed.

Under Lights

I'm sceptical myself, just reporting what I've heard from someone who is usually on the money with these things. I posted Ruairi Sludden here on the 1st of June, Teamtalk had it up on the 4th (granted they can't post rumours)

Fuzzman

I'd be happy enough to see Kyle back and it takes balls for both manager and player to ask a player back and for it to happen.
There were rumours around Navan last Sat that McCurry WAS back.

I'm just happy to see Mickey even admit that we're far too short of proper forwards and whilst its too easy to take the "aul man's" attitude of "Ach sure he's no good and neither his he", we need to have some middling forwards to at least bring on from the bench rather than a lorry load of half backs to fit in anywhere.

Its so easy to sit in the crowd and pick holes in players games, especially forwards but I've also saw the same players get a wee boost and suddenly their confidence is sky high. Think of Mugsy before his 2005 wonder goal and how he was then after it. Harry Loughran might have got a tap in but I'd like to see a bit more of him the next day with Brennan and Sparky still out. A FF line of Skeet, Loughran and Richie would certainly allow for a lot more direct ball in which leads to a lot more variation in our tactics which the whole country know now what to expect from us.