Sigerson Cup 2012

Started by Blowitupref, December 19, 2011, 05:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shark

DCU 0-11 CIT 0-8. Dean Rock with 6 points. Eoghan O'Gara sent off.

ross4life

Shark, any word on how many mins our guys got?  David Keenan,Ciaran Cafferky,Niall Collins while i think Cregg,Compton,Smith are still injured.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

shark

Collins was solid at wing back. Keenan came on wing forward early in second half and was impressive. Cafferky unused sub

Any craic

2 yellows for O'Gara or straight red?

ross4life

Quote from: shark on February 07, 2012, 03:58:21 PM
Collins was solid at wing back. Keenan came on wing forward early in second half and was impressive. Cafferky unused sub
Cheers shark, They will be up against v DIT next.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

shark

Quote from: Any craic on February 07, 2012, 04:11:18 PM
2 yellows for O'Gara or straight red?

2 yellows. 10 mins left at the time and DCU only pulled away after he was sent off. He won good ball but never looked like scoring.

shark

Quote from: ross4life on February 07, 2012, 04:12:26 PM
Quote from: shark on February 07, 2012, 03:58:21 PM
Cheers shark, They will be up against v DIT next.

Yeah and they'll need to improve a lot. No pattern to their forward play. Although if Cregg and Kelly return that would obviously help. Very solid at the back though. Johnny Cooper was superb at centre back.

DuffleKing

How many yrs has Cregg been playing Sigerson now?

ross4life

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 07, 2012, 05:05:24 PM
How many yrs has Cregg been playing Sigerson now?
His first year with DCU was 2007 into his 2nd course now.

Westside

Was Jack Brady playing for DCU? How did he get on?

shark

Quote from: Westside on February 07, 2012, 05:38:17 PM
Was Jack Brady playing for DCU? How did he get on?

Corner forward. He wasn't bad. Certainly the best of the DCU full forward line.

ck

Non Sigerson result from Today: Freshers, UCC defeated Sligo IT.

Blowitupref

Outright odds.

DCU   15/8
UCC   15/8
UUJ   13/2
UCD   15/2
NUI Galway    8/1
DIT   9/1
NUI Maynooth 10/1
Sligo IT 28/1

Some good value bets there.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Any craic

A look ahead to the Sigerson QFs over the next few days. I'd say DCU, UCC, NUIM & UUJ will go through - http://tinyurl.com/7py86hs

Blowitupref

Quote from: Any craic on February 14, 2012, 06:15:49 PM
A look ahead to the Sigerson QFs over the next few days. I'd say DCU, UCC, NUIM & UUJ will go through - http://tinyurl.com/7py86hs
I think UCD will beat NUIM.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose