Football qualifier route 2018

Started by cornetto, April 04, 2018, 12:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

munchkin

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 11, 2018, 11:41:13 AM
Tipp v Mayo will be the TV game.
you'd think so, but given the opposition in Mayo to having their games on pay tv, maybe it'd be prudent to give them their wish and show someone else that might appreciate being on telly !

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Owenmoresider on June 11, 2018, 11:45:32 AM
I don't suppose the fact that our hurlers are up in Croke Park in the Meagher final that Saturday will mean our qualifier would be on the Sunday instead, or just at a later throw-in like 7?

Kildare are in the Christy Ring Final too, we will probably be on the Sunday.
#newbridgeornowhere

LooseCannon

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 11, 2018, 11:41:13 AM
Tipp v Mayo will be the TV game.
I know, I just wish that we could all see Rouse tell Sky to f**k off.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 11, 2018, 11:42:52 AM
Quote from: Hound on June 11, 2018, 09:55:10 AM
Quote from: straightred on June 11, 2018, 09:46:50 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 11, 2018, 09:28:23 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 11, 2018, 09:23:18 AM
Quote from: Itchy on June 11, 2018, 09:20:42 AM
One thing for sure is the qualifiers are throwing up interesting games while provincial are dull and predictable. I tbink the end may be in sight for provincial championships.

Round 2 games all look fairly predictable, while the provincial championships this year already had shock wins for Carlow v Kildare, Fermanagh v Monaghan and Galway v Mayo...
Would agree Louth v Leitrim probably the hardest game to call. Hopefully we see a few shocks in round 2 to make it a bit more interesting. I can imagine Tipp v Mayo will be the live game.

Is there a live qualifier ? The Cork Kerry Munster final is on the Saturday and the ulster and Leinster finals are on the Sunday.
Cork v Kerry is 7pm on Saturday 23rd, so presumably there'll be a live R2 qualifier at 5pm

You'd imagine whoever broadcasts it would want Tipp v Mayo?? Cork v Kerry is Páirc Uí Chaoimh so that would work..

Fingers crossed. I'm at a bloody Picture This concert that evening.  :-\
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

Carlow 15/2 Tyrone 1/10
Cavan 2/5 Down 11/4
Leitrim 13/8 Louth 8/11
Longford 2/1 Kildare 4/7
Offaly 7/4 Clare 4/6
Sligo 5/2 Armagh 1/2
Tipp 5/1 Mayo 2/7
Waterford 11/1 Monaghan 1/25
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Itchy

Tipp 5/1 Is a massive price. I might put a few pound on that. Mayo are not in good shape despite beating a v poor limerick. Down v good price too, I only expect 2/3 points between cavan and down.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Itchy on June 11, 2018, 01:47:10 PM
Tipp 5/1 Is a massive price. I might put a few pound on that. Mayo are not in good shape despite beating a v poor limerick. Down v good price too, I only expect 2/3 points between cavan and down.
Mayo should win by about 6 points so 5/1 about right. If the Down keeper kicks the ball out to Cavan players as much as he did v Donegal yesterday then Cavan should win by comfortable margin.

munchkin

on the gaa website the Mayo Tipp game has the sky logo beside it, Cork Kerry munster second round final, at 7 on RTE.

If the first game overruns then there'll not be the messing like last weekend.

Orchard park

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 11, 2018, 02:23:17 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 11, 2018, 01:47:10 PM
Mayo should win by about 6 points so 5/1 about right. If the Down keeper kicks the ball out to Cavan players as much as he did v Donegal yesterday then Cavan should win by comfortable margin.

With the games greatest ever forward back playing mayo are home and hosed

tonto1888

Oraisteach

How many matches would Armagh need to win to get to the Super 8? Would that be three since the provincial finalist losers need to be added to the mix?

dec

Quote from: Oraisteach on June 11, 2018, 09:10:13 PM
How many matches would Armagh need to win to get to the Super 8? Would that be three since the provincial finalist losers need to be added to the mix?

3 more

armaghniac

Quote from: dec on June 11, 2018, 09:15:20 PM
Quote from: Oraisteach on June 11, 2018, 09:10:13 PM

3 more

While this possible, you could beat Sligo, Louth and Lapis say, I'm not sure it would be entirely a good thing. Although you'd have one big game in Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Oraisteach

Thanks, Dec. armaghniac, why do you think that making it to the Super 8 would not be entirely good?

armaghniac

Quote from: Oraisteach on June 11, 2018, 11:47:28 PM
Thanks, Dec. armaghniac, why do you think that making it to the Super 8 would not be entirely good?

Three hammerings in a row?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B