The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Quote from: Boycey on March 12, 2020, 05:10:38 PM
They just announced there will be no fans allowed into The Players after today.

Cancelled
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

dec

Gabriel_Hurl

Open cancelled - won't be played this year. Will be at St. George's next year.

Sounds like we will be seeing a November Masters

Taylor

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 06, 2020, 03:30:25 PM
Open cancelled - won't be played this year. Will be at St. George's next year.

Sounds like we will be seeing a November Masters

Do you think it will be in November Gab?

I cant see there being anything in the States this year

Gabriel_Hurl

Well - they've just announced the new dates. I don't see the PGA Championship happening here.

Gabriel_Hurl

trailer

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 22, 2020, 10:45:36 PM
It's on .... May 24th

Wonder what the format is? Hopefully foursomes. Be fun to see Woods and Mickelson hack it out of shit over and over and over again. Are Brady and Manning any good?

thebigfella

Quote from: trailer on April 23, 2020, 09:12:24 AM
It's on .... May 24th

Wonder what the format is? Hopefully foursomes. Be fun to see Woods and Mickelson hack it out of shit over and over and over again. Are Brady and Manning any good?

Yep

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: thebigfella on April 23, 2020, 12:27:13 PM
Quote from: trailer on April 23, 2020, 09:12:24 AM
It's on .... May 24th

Yep

Peyton is 6 and Brady 8

Orior

Sounds like the guys who wear funny trousers and colourful jumpers will be allowed out again from 18th May. Will that include the occupied six?

https://www.golfnet.ie/news/golfnet/4659/golf-welcomes-government-announcement-on-the-reopening-of-golf-courses
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Downtothewire

Quote from: Orior on May 01, 2020, 08:58:19 PM
Sounds like the guys who wear funny trousers and colourful jumpers will be allowed out again from 18th May. Will that include the occupied six?

https://www.golfnet.ie/news/golfnet/4659/golf-welcomes-government-announcement-on-the-reopening-of-golf-courses

Please God it does

dec

I would have thought after the Olympics stuff Rory would have had enough sense to steer clear of politics

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/may/15/rory-mcilroy-donald-trump-coronavirus-criticism

Rory McIlroy has hit out at Donald Trump's handling of the coronavirus crisis, criticizing the US president of politicizing a pandemic that has claimed more than 85,000 American lives.

"We're in the midst of something that's pretty serious right now and the fact that he's trying to politicize it and make it a campaign rally and say we're administering the most tests in world like it is a contest – there's something that just is terrible," McIlroy said on the McKellar Golf podcast.

He added: "It's not the way a leader should act. There's a sort of diplomacy that you need to have, and I don't think he's showing that, especially in these times."

The world No 1, who faced intense backlash after playing a round of golf with Trump shortly after he was inaugurated in 2017, admitted the president was "charismatic" and had an "X factor" but said he wouldn't play with him again if asked.

"I don't know if he'd want to play with me again after what I just said, but I wouldn't [play with him again]," said McIlroy, who resides in the Florida town of Palm Beach not far from Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort. "I felt I would have been making more of a statement if I had turned it down. It was a round of golf and nothing more."

trailer

Quote from: dec on May 15, 2020, 07:03:07 PM
I would have thought after the Olympics stuff Rory would have had enough sense to steer clear of politics

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/may/15/rory-mcilroy-donald-trump-coronavirus-criticism

Rory McIlroy has hit out at Donald Trump's handling of the coronavirus crisis, criticizing the US president of politicizing a pandemic that has claimed more than 85,000 American lives.

"We're in the midst of something that's pretty serious right now and the fact that he's trying to politicize it and make it a campaign rally and say we're administering the most tests in world like it is a contest – there's something that just is terrible," McIlroy said on the McKellar Golf podcast.

He added: "It's not the way a leader should act. There's a sort of diplomacy that you need to have, and I don't think he's showing that, especially in these times."

The world No 1, who faced intense backlash after playing a round of golf with Trump shortly after he was inaugurated in 2017, admitted the president was "charismatic" and had an "X factor" but said he wouldn't play with him again if asked.

"I don't know if he'd want to play with me again after what I just said, but I wouldn't [play with him again]," said McIlroy, who resides in the Florida town of Palm Beach not far from Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort. "I felt I would have been making more of a statement if I had turned it down. It was a round of golf and nothing more."

Why?

Ambrose

I'm not a fan of Rory, for many reasons, but fair play to him for the above statement. Hopefully many other sports starts, specificallly Americans will follow suit.
You can't live off history and tradition forever