Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on October 20, 2018, 08:39:20 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 20, 2018, 01:50:18 AM
Quote from: gallsman on October 20, 2018, 01:32:56 AM
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-45900116

This white, Christian couple went and did a Fred and Rose West on a load of young girls.

The media is too terrified to report it because of the mass conspiracy to avoid connecting any ethnicity to such a scandal.

Oh no wait, they were called out on it, tried and convicted. The media subsequently reported in it.

GJL and iceman, hang your heads in shame you absolute f**king embarrassments.

I think this post is the embarrassment.
The point was made that members of  minority groups get away with crap because people are afraid they are "racist" if they criticise them, Peter Casey found this out.  You then give an example of the media reporting a crime by the majority community as a supposed refutation of this point.
These people didn't exactly "get away with crap". They were arrested, put on trial and found guilty.
As he says, why would a report include their religion? Why is that information relevant? Would we demand it be included if the perpetrators were Christian or Jewish? It is strange that people are concerned about this omission.
Their culture/religion ordinarily wouldnt be relevant but there have been several instances of this in the north of England by men from the same background so I think it is absolutely fair to question if this behaviour is related to their background in which women are seen as subserviant.

Tony Baloney

Impressive lack of punctuation in my post.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggy90

Indeed it does. There's a big 'head in the sand' attitude to this  crime and its perpetrators.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

heganboy

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 20, 2018, 09:31:31 AM

Their culture/religion ordinarily wouldnt be relevant but there have been several instances of this in the north of England by men from the same background so I think it is absolutely fair to question if this behaviour is related to their background in which women are seen as subserviant.

Which religion or culture would you point to that doesn't treat women as subservient?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Minder

The prosecutor in the Rochdale grooming gang in 2012, Nazir Afzal, said this type of street, gang grooming that we have seen in Rochdale, Halifax, Huddersfield etc British Pakistani & south Asian men are disproportionately the groups that are involved.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

omaghjoe

Quote from: hardstation on October 20, 2018, 03:47:07 PM
And if the article had have included their religion that's fine. It's a bit fcuked up to be complaining that the article didn't mention their religion though.

The article did mention that the cases involved immigrant communities, a wee bit inaccurate to include all immigrants and a wee bit insulting to those of a significant minortiy in England such as those of Indian, Afro Caribbean,Polish and for that matter Irish descent.

The vast majority of all of these cases are Pakistani Muslims, like it or not there is a reoccurring pattern there and ignoring that is not having an honest conversation about it. It is one of afew reoccurring themes in these cases, another is of the local authorities turning a blind eye when they new about it. Vicky Pollard's pretty funny but perhaps she an example of how main stream society views the demographic of the victims.

The Iceman

gallsman how many majority muslim countries would you move female members of your family to?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Hardy

The vast majority of the bankers who robbed the country were members of golf clubs.

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on October 20, 2018, 10:48:38 PM
gallsman how many majority muslim countries would you move female members of your family to?

What on earth has that got to do with anything?! The point isn't that I have a big "happy, clappy, everything about Islam is so wonderful, why doesn't everyone embrace it more and ignore the many issues" attitude about things. I just don't like racism and sectarianism, that's all. Even the way you phrase the question shows you up.

Hardy

You're missing the point gallsman. It's important to attach labels to people so that you can decide in advance what to expect of them.

Orior

Quote from: Hardy on October 21, 2018, 11:04:13 AM
You're missing the point gallsman. It's important to attach labels to people so that you can decide in advance what to expect of them.

Just in case there are any new people on board - Hardy always says the opposite of what he means.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Orior on October 21, 2018, 12:22:02 PM
Quote from: Hardy on October 21, 2018, 11:04:13 AM

Just in case there are any new people on board - Hardy always says the opposite of what he means.

No he doesn't