Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 19, 2018, 08:33:40 AM
Looking likes it's Ole Gunnar till summer.

Knight of the Order of St. Olav, First Class[
Kniksen of the year in 1996

but what does he bring to the table as a caretaker manager for MUFC ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Helix.

Quote from: An Watcher on December 19, 2018, 09:37:51 AM
Last chance for Pogba over Christmas.  Forget about his footballing ability, if his attitude doesn't change he should be out the door in January.

Absolutely he's probably not the only one I'd be on to lingard as well. Footballer first never mind clothing sh*te. As Roy Keane said you can do that when you retire.  I'd be giving the captaincy to De Gea and go from there.

Keyser soze

The mess surrounding the temporary appointment of Solskjaer is indicative of how much of a shambles Utd has become... cannot even control the release of the news on twitter ffs.

general

Confirmed on both Man Utd website and Molde website ;

see statement from Molde;

Chief Executive Officer Øystein Neerland confirms that Ole Gunnar Solskjær will enter as a temporary manager in Manchester United, out of season to end in May 2019.

Ole Gunnar will take over with immediate effect and Erling Moe will be the main trainer for Molde FK during this period.

"That Manchester United ask Molde FK to lend the manager is by itself an event, and not least a statement of trust for both Ole Gunnar and Molde FK. We are positive to lend Ole Gunnar, we wish both him and the club a success, says Neerland.

"This is a big opportunity for Molde FK, we think it will be developing and helping to put Molde FK further on the football card," he says.

Solskjær recently wrote a new contract with Molde, which extends in 2021.

"In football you never know what can happen. We get proof of time after time. This is an opportunity I had to take. I am looking forward to leading Manchester United until the summer. At the same time, I will follow closely what is happening here at home. We have built stone for stone and the end of the season this year gives us hope for another good season. Erling, Trond and Per Magne will do a lot of work while I'm gone. At the same time, I would like to thank the club, and Kjell Inge and Bjørn Rune once again congratulate me on the world's biggest club, "says Ole Gunnar Solskjær.

Ed Woodward, Executive Vice Chairman, comments: "Ole is a club legend with huge experience, both on the pitch and in coaching roles. His history at Manchester United means he lives and breathes the culture of the club and everyone at the club is delighted to have him and Mike Phelan back. We are confident they will unite the players and the fans as we head into the second half of the season. "

Molde FK wishes Ole Gunnar good luck to Manchester United.

From the Bunker

So here we are. Ole Gunnar has been give the job until the summer.

He has been brought in as one would use sellotape to curtail a leak.

Nobody fears Man Utd anymore. Old Trafford was a fortress that opposition players, opposition managers and Referees feared.

Getting a proper Manager who wants to stay a while and build the club back wont be easy either. Any Manager with a reputation will look at how things worked out for Moyles, Van Gaal and Mourinho. All three have left the club with their reputations damaged. There will be no rush for the high spec Managers to join the club, not unless there is an incredibly flush cheque book and with the Glaziers in charge that is unlikely.

Attracting players as well as holding onto players is the main problem. The good ones will want to leave and the less than average will want to stay on as they know this is as good as it gets for them as a professional footballer. Attracting good players to the club wont be easy with the present situation of no Champions League football, no certainty of the future of the club.

That said united are only a couple of really good signings away from being decent side again.

GJL

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 19, 2018, 10:17:04 AM

Nobody fears Man Utd anymore. Old Trafford was a fortress that opposition players, opposition managers and Referees feared.

Getting a proper Manager who wants to stay a while and build the club back wont be easy either. Any Manager with a reputation will look at how things worked out for Moyles, Van Gaal and Mourinho. All three have left the club with their reputations damaged. There will be no rush for the high spec Managers to join the club, not unless there is an incredibly flush cheque book and with the Glaziers in charge that is unlikely.

Attracting players as well as holding onto players is the main problem. The good ones will want to leave and the less than average will want to stay on as they know this is as good as it gets for them as a professional footballer. Attracting good players to the club wont be easy with the present situation of no Champions League football, no certainty of the future of the club.

That said united are only a couple of really good signings away from being decent side again.

Nothing like a good bit of positivity.   ;D ;D

sid waddell

I can't understand why Manchester United didn't just go all out to get Graeme Souness, given that Souness's work at Liverpool has been the model which they have been trying to emulate for the last five and a half years.

trailer

Utd to win the Champions League, Ole to get the gig permanently.

Insane Bolt

Thought Howard Webb was a shoe in for the job😜

Milltown Row2

Getting Klopp as a basement club worked out alright for Liverpool... the obituaries being written by ABU's is laughable, I suppose when you're above a team in league placings its nice to have a go and all's fair in love and war
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maroon Manc

I can see why they've gone with OGS, I have no idea what will happen and don't know a lot about the style of football he'll play but I'd take him all day long over Blanc. I'm hoping to see to some good football the next 6 months as a minimum, top 4 is gone barring a miracle but we're still in 2 cup competitions so there's trophies to be won.

Spurs have no chance of winning the league in the next few years as they won't back Pochettino, the club's revenue will increase but that will be eaten up by debt repayments. Then you've the likes of Alderweireld who'll leave this summer and possibly Eriksen who's out of contract in 18 months. Pochettino will earn a lot more at OT and with transfers fee and wages will have the opportunity to attract a lot more players than Spurs are capable off;

City aren't even the biggest club in their own City and Liverpool have won one trophy in 13 years, was only last season United finished ahead of Liverpool. Revenue wise United are a mile ahead of the likes of Liverpool, United's turnover is £225m more than Liverpool's in the last annual accounts.

Boycey

I'm beginning to rival seafoid for the auld links  :D but heres a decent piece from the BBC

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46604955

Mayo4Sam

So what you're saying is next year is our year?  :P

Was this lad not absolutely terrible as Cardiff manager?
Best case scenario for ABUs is that he gets United to the CL again and maybe makes the semi finals before getting the job full time

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

screenexile

Not quite sure what this is . . . he goes on an intellectual meander throughout the middle of it and the point he makes is good but I don't really know judge for yourselves!

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/ken-early-like-napoleon-mourinho-is-the-outsider-always-trying-to-prove-himself-1.3736207