Star Wars

Started by omaghjoe, December 15, 2015, 10:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Rogue One
Empire Strikes Back
The Last Jedi
A New Hope
The Force Awakens (because it was the exact same film as ANH)
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

Over the Bar

Quote from: gallsman on December 16, 2017, 08:52:35 PM
Rogue One
Empire Strikes Back
The Last Jedi
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

and what order are all of above supposed to fall in in terms of the story?

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Over the Bar on December 16, 2017, 09:06:53 PM
Rogue One
Empire Strikes Back
The Last Jedi
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

and what order are all of above supposed to fall in in terms of the story?

Menace
Clones
Sith
Rogue
New hope
Empire
Rtn jedi
Force awakens
Last jedi

JPGJOHNNYG

From best to worst
5 > rogue > 4 > 8 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2

Attack of the clones really stank, revenge of the sith was ok esp compared to the other prequels. Got a bad feeling about Solo though. A couple of the other actors in the running for the part actually look like a young Harrison unlike the guy they ended up going for doh

Tony Baloney

Rogue One
Empire Strikes Back
The Last Jedi
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
I think that is same as me. I don't bother ranking the first 3.

gallsman

Nah, Revenge of the Sith is definitely better than the other two prequels, which obviously isn't saying much. And not that there's anything definitively better about Phantom Menace but Attack of the Clones was genuinely appalling. That scene with Hayden Christensen woodenly talking about the properties of sand was unforgivable.

Johnny, I'm not sure about Return of the Jedi ahead of The Force Awakens. Ewoks ffs!

Solo I'd have been hopeful of after Rogue One but with Ron Howard involved...

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: gallsman on December 16, 2017, 09:36:27 PM
Nah, Revenge of the Sith is definitely better than the other two prequels, which obviously isn't saying much. And not that there's anything definitively better about Phantom Menace but Attack of the Clones was genuinely appalling. That scene with Hayden Christensen woodenly talking about the properties of sand was unforgivable.

Johnny, I'm not sure about Return of the Jedi ahead of The Force Awakens. Ewoks ffs!

Solo I'd have been hopeful of after Rogue One but with Ron Howard involved...

Agree about the ewoks if it was a bunch of wookies instead then that would have been awesome but Lucas was thinking of the money from all the toys, still ignore those critters and it was a good film. Tfa defo loses marks for being a weird reimagining job rather than out and out sequel.

gallsman

Think they're taking the piss a little bit with Solo coming out so soon too. Audiences might have a bit of Star Wars fatigue and it could bite them a bit.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: gallsman on December 16, 2017, 09:49:36 PM
Think they're taking the piss a little bit with Solo coming out so soon too. Audiences might have a bit of Star Wars fatigue and it could bite them a bit.

Rogue one was supposed to come out only 6 mths after TFA but got put back so you may find Solo gets nudged back to Dec also. One a year is about right. Disney paid big money for the rights but it really is a license to print money. Expect a follow up trilogy after this one. Bobba fett, Ben kenobi will defo get made and if the interest is still there expect every other character from the original trilogy to get their own film

JPGJOHNNYG

For those who reckon they can handle the prequels then I double dare them to watch both ewok movies and star wars holiday special. If you survive that onslaught of diarrhea then you can handle anything

thewobbler

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on December 16, 2017, 09:59:01 PM

Rogue one was supposed to come out only 6 mths after TFA but got put back so you may find Solo gets nudged back to Dec also. One a year is about right. Disney paid big money for the rights but it really is a license to print money. Expect a follow up trilogy after this one. Bobba fett, Ben kenobi will defo get made and if the interest is still there expect every other character from the original trilogy to get their own film

They won't make a Boba Fett film. Iconic as he has become, he's a rather boring individual

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: thewobbler on December 16, 2017, 10:12:11 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on December 16, 2017, 09:59:01 PM

They won't make a Boba Fett film. Iconic as he has become, he's a rather boring individual

Maybe but a good bounty hunter story has potential. Rogue one was like the dirty dozen in space boba fett could be a good western in space

gallsman

Solo is a "Space Western" apparently.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: gallsman on December 16, 2017, 10:36:47 PM
Solo is a "Space Western" apparently.

Well then maybe a bobba fett film will be decided by the success or lack of of Solo. Even if solo sucks though the box office will be gold

clarshack

overall disappointed with the Last Jedi. a couple of 'wow' moments not enough to save it imo.

anyway for me:

ESB
ANH
R1
ROTJ
TFA
TLJ
ROTS
AOTC
TPM