Star Wars

Started by omaghjoe, December 15, 2015, 10:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Quote from: ziggysego on December 16, 2015, 12:05:11 AM
Got tickets for the midnight show in Derry tomorrow (Wednesday night / Thursday morning) Can't wait.

Also doing the midnight run, with my 9 year old...

Proud geeks
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 15, 2015, 11:12:33 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on December 15, 2015, 10:52:41 PM
No fans on here? Anyone seen/goin to see it?

New one getting some serious positive reviews

I'd rather nail my dick to the table.

And I'd rather watch you do it. 

Eamonnca1

Always loved it.  Got the comics when I was a youngster. Saw episode IV when it made its TV premiere. I read the comics adaptation of The Empire Strikes Back before I saw the film.  Saw Return of the Jedi in my first ever visit to the cinema at the old ABC in Belfast.  Read spin-off novels when I was a student. Wasn't impressed by the prequels and to this day I refuse to consider them canon. Red Letter Media's demolition of The Phantom Menace is well worth a watch, some good insights into what makes a good or bad film. Can't wait to see the new one.

brokencrossbar1

Anyone disses Star Wars on here and I'll nail their cocks to the table...alright 5Sams!!! :P. It was, is and always will be the best, end of story.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: BennyCake on December 15, 2015, 11:04:21 PM
Never seen any of the Star Wars films. Am I the only one?

Never watched them either and don't really have any inclination to either, not sure why, they have just never really appealed to me.
Maybe I will give the new one ago and see what the fuss is about
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

bennydorano

Not for me either. I would consider myself a Sci Fi fan, i've always thought you can broadly divide sci'fi into 2 areas- stuff that makes you think &  Soap Operas in Space, Star Wars is the later imo.

ballinaman

nrico2006

Watched them all 4 or 5 years ago to give them a fair chance and found them pretty boring to be honest.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

johnneycool

Quote from: J70 on December 15, 2015, 11:31:57 PM
Was always more of a trekkie myself. Never got the fascination with Star Wars. The first three were decent, enjoyable films, but no more worthy of excitement than numerous other films from the period.

As for the 90s/00s prequels, I sat through the first one, and having been close to walking out after 15 minutes of Jar Jar Binks, I wasn't arsed with the others and never saw them.

I'll give the new one a look when it comes out on demand for tv, but that will be about it.

Buck Rogers was far better;

Canalman

Never saw what the fuss was about.

Walked out of Star Wars 4 after about an hour plus or so. Dung and I wasn't the first to walk out either. Critics were  raving about it at the time.

Presume, just liked the recent Bond movies  (all overrated) the critics and journalists will be raving away. Makes you wonder.

deiseach

Hopefully a new outbreak of Star Wars fever will lead to remakes of X-Wing and TIE Fighter.

Green Fields

Quote from: BennyCake on December 15, 2015, 11:04:21 PM
Never seen any of the Star Wars films. Am I the only one?

I bet you have - or a fair bit of one or two.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: deiseach on December 16, 2015, 09:25:22 AM
Hopefully a new outbreak of Star Wars fever will lead to remakes of X-Wing and TIE Fighter.

Lego  is the way to go,  our house is coming down with it,  Santa bringing another 3 sets,  including the Falcon.  Christmas day entertainment sorted!

Green Fields

Agree and even for the girls lego friends!

deiseach

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 16, 2015, 09:31:40 AM
Quote from: deiseach on December 16, 2015, 09:25:22 AM

Lego  is the way to go,  our house is coming down with it,  Santa bringing another 3 sets,  including the Falcon.  Christmas day entertainment sorted!

The computer games, not the toys. Although the little man might find himself with more Star Wars Lego than he can cope with...