Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 23, 2016, 11:16:21 PM
Sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong but I do hope Cameron now wields the axe and fires all the cabinet that wanted out.

Yer wan Villers was just on Sky News and she would be top of my list (to fire, nothing else, no tittering down the back)

A good spsnking is in order,  before firing.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2016, 11:15:45 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 23, 2016, 11:08:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2016, 11:02:41 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 23, 2016, 10:50:14 PM
Yeah it is depressing. What the tories are doing to the nhs is criminal :-(

Would the NHS save money if we were charged £10 for doctors appointments and A&E visits?

It's a slippery slope once you start charging. First it's a tenner then it will have to be in line with inflation and then who knows.

Remember tuition fees came in at £1,000 and are now up to £9,000 per year!!

I understand but what are the choices ?  NHS is at its knees no money for basic procedures, waiting lists that long that people give up waiting or die!! If they put a 6/7 year freeze at a tenner then you would see the doctors surgery's being a lot shorter and A&E with less people

It is all smoke and mirrors mr. It is being made very unattractive to push people to private. Incidentally a number of tories have vested interests in private health companies and the likes of hunt has written about how to privatise nhs in earlier political days.

It could be run much more efficiently for less money.

No wides

Gibraltar says stay - game over!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 23, 2016, 11:35:00 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2016, 11:15:45 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 23, 2016, 11:08:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2016, 11:02:41 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 23, 2016, 10:50:14 PM
Yeah it is depressing. What the tories are doing to the nhs is criminal :-(

Would the NHS save money if we were charged £10 for doctors appointments and A&E visits?

It's a slippery slope once you start charging. First it's a tenner then it will have to be in line with inflation and then who knows.

Remember tuition fees came in at £1,000 and are now up to £9,000 per year!!

I understand but what are the choices ?  NHS is at its knees no money for basic procedures, waiting lists that long that people give up waiting or die!! If they put a 6/7 year freeze at a tenner then you would see the doctors surgery's being a lot shorter and A&E with less people

It is all smoke and mirrors mr. It is being made very unattractive to push people to private. Incidentally a number of tories have vested interests in private health companies and the likes of hunt has written about how to privatise nhs in earlier political days.

It could be run much more efficiently for less money.

Like a lot of government jobs, but £10 would certainly make money and save money!! Sure we even stopped the prescription charge!! £2.50
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SkillfulBill

Why does SF put Martina Anderson on TV She is really poor

armaghniac

AND GOD CREATED THE EMERALD ISLE

Once upon a time in the kingdom of Heaven, God went missing for seven days.
Eventually, Michael the archangel found him. He inquired of God, "where were you?".

God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds; "look son, look what I'm after making". Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "what is it?"

God replied, "it's another planet but I'm after putting LIFE on it. I've named it Earth and there's going to be a balance between everything on it. For example, there's North America and South America. North America is going to be rich and South America is going to be poor, and the narrow bit joining them - that's going to be a hot spot. Now look over here. I've put a continent of whites in the north and another one of blacks in the south."

And then the archangel said, "and what's that green dot there?". And God said "ahhh that's the Emerald Isle - that's a very special place. That's going to be the most glorious spot on earth: beautiful mountains, lakes, rivers, streams, and an exquisite coast line."

"These people here are going to be great craic and they're going to be found traveling the world. They'll be playwrights and poets and singers and songwriters. And I'm going to give them this black liquid which they're going to go mad on and for which people will come from the far corners of the earth to imbibe."

Michael the Archangel gasped in wonder and admiration but then seeming startled proclaimed: "Hold on a second, what about the BALANCE, you said there was going to be a balance.

God replied wisely. "Wait until you see the neighbours I'm going to give them"

Rossfan

Quote from: SkillfulBill on June 23, 2016, 11:52:34 PM
Why does SF put Martina Anderson on TV She is really poor
Gender balance?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

heganboy

Any thoughts on where this leaves Arlene foster?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

armaghniac

Remain 50.7% in Newcastle.
Sunderland next, probably Leave there.

armaghniac

Sunderland 61% Leave.
It might be a long night.

Even the first Scottish place was only 59% Remain.

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on June 24, 2016, 12:18:18 AM
Sunderland 61% Leave.

Howay the lads!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: BennyCake on June 24, 2016, 12:20:13 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 24, 2016, 12:18:18 AM
Sunderland 61% Leave.

Howay the lads!

It's Haway in mackem land ;)

Aaron Boone

Next result in England is now vital. I think Leave sense they can win this.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 24, 2016, 12:29:44 AM

I think the BBC think they can

screenexile

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 24, 2016, 12:29:44 AM

PP at 3/10 even after the Newcastle/Sunderland results. Do they know something nobody else does??