Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Quote from: tyronerebel on August 12, 2019, 11:58:13 AM
Double games Bank holiday weekend 23rd and 25th anyone else hearing this?

That's already been confirmed and I agree with this.  Get the league games rattled off rather than dragging the whole thing out.  Players have been training for 8 weeks without games.  Its now time to start playing matches again.  Keep em coming I say, thick and fast.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 12, 2019, 12:13:18 PM

That's already been confirmed and I agree with this.  Get the league games rattled off rather than dragging the whole thing out.  Players have been training for 8 weeks without games.  Its now time to start playing matches again.  Keep em coming I say, thick and fast.

Confirmed by who?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Pearse Blue

Quote from: GlenMan on August 12, 2019, 11:20:56 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 12, 2019, 10:32:23 AM
Next round of club fixtures 7pm on a Sunday night?  :-\

All Ireland Hurling Final.
Joke, what was wrong with the original date on Saturday? So players can get to the final if they want? County board at it again

Under Lights

tyronerebel

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 12, 2019, 02:33:23 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 12, 2019, 12:13:18 PM

Confirmed by who?

Hasn't been confirmed to the clubs as of yet anyhow. County board as usual taking forever to release any kind of information... surely this had to be thought of over the past few weeks?

Moonshine

Any dates for club championship? At least their be some excitement in them games compared to that tripe yesterday

OurKid

An inspired Glenelly side upsetting eskra maybe the biggest shock in Glenelly since people from there realised you don't have to be first cousins to get married?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Moonshine on August 12, 2019, 09:04:54 PM
Any dates for club championship? At least their be some excitement in them games compared to that tripe yesterday

3 Weeks apparently. Starting w/e 30th August

HealyHellRaiser

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 13, 2019, 09:22:31 AM

There is absolutely no chance W/E 30th August, Weekend of All Ireland Final! Championship will more than likely be 6th/7th/8th September. Perhaps over 2 weekends.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on August 13, 2019, 09:32:27 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 13, 2019, 09:22:31 AM

There is absolutely no chance W/E 30th August, Weekend of All Ireland Final! Championship will more than likely be 6th/7th/8th September. Perhaps over 2 weekends.

Sure Tyrone aren't in it, do you think the CB really care? Talk is there'll be games on Friday/Saturday - obviously nothing Sunday.

Now that might be Junior Championship, don't they have a preliminary round to do?

However your dates might prove to be more reasonable.

W.A.G. Lover

The 2017 Club Championship 1st round was played on the weekend of the All-Ireland - Cant see why they would not do it again?
Any word when these fixtures will be released?

HealyHellRaiser

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on August 13, 2019, 09:43:23 AM
The 2017 Club Championship 1st round was played on the weekend of the All-Ireland - Cant see why they would not do it again?
Any word when these fixtures will be released?

Tyrone dont play in Ulster club until 3rd November (senior)  20th October - Intermediate & Junior.

Plenty of time to run it off.

2017 AL final was 17th September this years is 1st September so dates are in advance over 2 weeks. I cant see the logic of playing it the weekend of the AL Final.

irish345

Quote from: GlenMan on August 12, 2019, 11:20:56 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 12, 2019, 10:32:23 AM
Next round of club fixtures 7pm on a Sunday night?  :-\

All Ireland Hurling Final.

7pm on a sunday is a terrible time for a game to throw in in my opinion whoever makes these fixtures should take a look at themselves

even 5pm on a saturday be better than 7pm sunday

irish345

people working saturday is no excuse people work everyday of the week if you want to play gaa then find a job that dont work saturdays

trailer

The GAA should be made to move the All Ireland hurling final to accommodate Tyrone club games. It's only one match v 24 Tyrone club games.