Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Quote from: topofthesoil on February 20, 2020, 03:11:46 PM
Quote from: Stan on February 19, 2020, 04:45:13 PM
I was on this forum years ago and left because some of the chat was unreal - personal life of players being talked about with absolutely no foundation.
Every one has an opinion but it can get very personal very quickly - I'd wonder how many people on here have played at county level...Im guessing none?
How many on here have managed teams at a successful level - winning minor, u20/21, senior league titles, champions ships etc...? not many.
It can be like drunks in a country pub...chatting shyte flat out and then waking up the next day and going at it again.
Players operate in a different arena of the field from my day....thank god there were no social media channels, cameras, phones etc...
For what its worth I think all players need media training and some might benefit from 'off field coaching on gig ti deal with non-football activities...i dont see them as role models in the same way I dont see anyone opinion on here anything but an opinion

****registered 6th February 2020.
This is a slow month, but not that slow.  The question is how many accounts do you have?
what your selling, im not buying.

1 account - last on 2013 approx... And you're in luck - I'm not selling anything. Just my opinion.

Club boi

1 account - last on 2013 approx... And you're in luck - I'm not selling anything. Just my opinion.

Must of taken you a week to read all the pages you missed

Million

Any confirmed panel/ team news for Sunday?

What are the predictions?

A draw at 9/1 worth £5 of the queen's finest.

Stan

Quote from: Million on February 21, 2020, 02:26:20 PM
Any confirmed panel/ team news for Sunday?

What are the predictions?

A draw at 9/1 worth £5 of the queen's finest.

I've seen nothing of Galway this year and the conditions of the pitch and on the day will have a big influence obviously - would hope for a win, but a draw sounds plausible.

Without any mention of the queen obviously

redzone

omagh_gael

Wasn't at it but listened on Armagh TV. The conditions appeared to be a significant leveller with Tyrone pulling away in extra time. The red card before half time was another sucker punch. According to commentator it may have been for verbals to a linesman.

Antrim next which should be straight forward, was at the game with them last month and we were much superior even through we were missing a lot of big men.

Angelo

Quote from: redzone on February 22, 2020, 08:49:59 PM
Anyone at the u20 game, cheers

Sounds like Tiarnan Quinn dragged them out of a hole.

Potentially a bigger talent than Canavan?

Will probably need a couple of years to get up to the physicality of senior county football anyway.

Very few lads get thrown in at 19/20 for the big counties anymore, I think it's generally about 22 or 23 when most players are properly ready in the physical sense for intercounty football anymore.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

ONeill

Was at it. Extremely interesting referring performance. Didn't give a free until he was absolutely sure it was. Allowed scrums to go on for ages without any decision. Thought it was interesting in the aftermath of Clifford. He seemed more into verbals.

On the field, the Coalisland lad really stood out. They played Liam Gray at FF and it never came off. Canavan came on for him at HT and won most balls that came his way.

It was fairly clear that Tyrone would win if it went to extra time. They were the better side with only 14 in the second half. Nothing to shout about though. Plenty of half backs and wannabe half backs.

Tyrone's goal was a fluke though. Was hit long into Canavan but flew over keeper.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

redhandefender

I was at it. Never been as angry when they threw it away in normal time. Another 20 mins freezing my nuts off.

My own take. Sending off was after 4 mins not just before the half. Very scrappy 1st half thought murnaghan was stand out. 2nd hakf canavan straight away made difference as had 2 boys hanging off him therefore levelling the numbers. So exciting when he gets the ball. Quinn was very good in 2nd half and extra time.

Fox was also very good throughout. We looked dominant when back to 15 v 15 in Et and tough conditions

southtyronegael

Is tiarnan Quinn the lad that that came on for coalisland in county final 2 years ago and kicked 2 outstanding points?

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 23, 2020, 07:45:54 AM
Is tiarnan Quinn the lad that that came on for coalisland in county final 2 years ago and kicked 2 outstanding points?

That's him, fantastic left peg on him.

Proportionately Tyrone seem to produce a huge amount of left footed forwards. In the senior ranks we have had the likes of McCurry, Bradley, Brennan, Coney and Harte in recent years.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

southtyronegael

Quote from: Angelo on February 23, 2020, 08:21:37 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on February 23, 2020, 07:45:54 AM

That's him, fantastic left peg on him.

Proportionately Tyrone seem to produce a huge amount of left footed forwards. In the senior ranks we have had the likes of McCurry, Bradley, Brennan, Coney and Harte in recent years.
good prospect then. Can't beat a left footer, easily worth 3 or 4 right footers

omagh_gael

Quote from: redhandefender on February 22, 2020, 11:51:33 PM
I was at it. Never been as angry when they threw it away in normal time. Another 20 mins freezing my nuts off.

My own take. Sending off was after 4 mins not just before the half. Very scrappy 1st half thought murnaghan was stand out. 2nd hakf canavan straight away made difference as had 2 boys hanging off him therefore levelling the numbers. So exciting when he gets the ball. Quinn was very good in 2nd half and extra time.

Fox was also very good throughout. We looked dominant when back to 15 v 15 in Et and tough conditions

Eh? Sending off was literally a couple of mins before half time.

rrhf

I'd agree with Oneill - very strange refereeing. I'm sure for both teams. Tyrone were poor up front until canavan gave them purpose. Just got over the line. But need a better forward plan. Thought the half backs were superb.

Stan

Didn't get to see or hear any of it but wasn't expecting that result at all - What was the story with Cathal McShane - I hope the lad is ok?
Were we as bad or they as good as the result suggests?