Galway V Mayo R4 Qualifier

Started by Maroon Manc, July 01, 2019, 10:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Think Mayo will be a sitting duck for Kerry next week. Battle weary with a few injuries I can see O'Shea, Geaney and Clifford doing serious damage inside. They are getting through games but don't look at all convincing and have had a few lucky breaks.

imtommygunn

They will need to improve a lot unfortunately. I think everyone but Dublin, and maybe Donegal but still not sure they are even number 2, is getting worse.

Blowitupref

Quote from: yellowcard on July 06, 2019, 08:59:30 PM
Think Mayo will be a sitting duck for Kerry next week. Battle weary with a few injuries I can see O'Shea, Geaney and Clifford doing serious damage inside. They are getting through games but don't look at all convincing and have had a few lucky breaks.

I think Mayo will beat a youthful Kerry in transition next weekend. They are battle hardened having come through those 3 games now. I have no doubt that Kerry would have wanted Galway instead. 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rudi

Fair play to Mayo wouldnt be at all surprised if they beat Kerry next weekend. Galway to their credit never gave up unlike Cavan

Farrandeelin

Stuck in the Piarsaigh club fuckin car park. All Mayo players to a man stood up. The journey goes on to Killarney next wk. More tomorrow if I ever move.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

highorlow

Wasn't expecting that. Maybe it's a case of the bigger the challenge the better we are.

No fear now of any team, including Dublin.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: highorlow on July 06, 2019, 09:33:02 PM
Wasn't expecting that. Maybe it's a case of the bigger the challenge the better we are.

No fear now of any team, including Dublin.

I thought Mayo were better last weekend. Galway were pretty clueless for most of the game this evening.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

seafoid

Quote from: Rudi on July 06, 2019, 09:10:40 PM
Fair play to Mayo wouldnt be at all surprised if they beat Kerry next weekend. Galway to their credit never gave up unlike Cavan
Losing to Mayo is one thing but Rossie plámás is beyond the pale
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on July 06, 2019, 09:51:41 PM

Count yourself lucky. This Super 8 gig is a road to nowhere. Time to get rid of Walsh, but only if there is a good replacement. That said, no Manager can get the supposed stronger counties up to the speed of Doped Dublin. Money saved if you ask me!

Rudi

Must be difficult losing the Connacht shield final. Is that better Seafoid ;D

Chimley

I thought that Galway showed a lot more today than against the Rossies even though they got hit by two early sucker punches. Take them away and there's nothing in that game and considering the start that Mayo got, we were lucky to come out on top against a depleted Galway team.

The future will be interesting. Galway looked to have the indian sign on us recently, but we seem to have uncovered some gems like Ruane, Coen, Carr and McDonagh since this time last year.

As I said earlier, Galway have some awesome young talent too and when you have a more progressive manager, there will be better days ahead. I'd say that we're going to have some big battles in store.

galwayman

Disappointing. Can't really face analyzing that yet.
We have a lot of improving to do for next year that is for sure.

Mayo4Sam14

Parking in na piarsaigh is a mess
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

red hander

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 06, 2019, 08:51:52 PM
Quote from: red hander on July 06, 2019, 08:45:32 PM
Think this Mayo team is treading water at this stage. Nearly beaten by an average Armagh team at home and made heavy work of an average Galway team. Before Mayo people start attacking, I'd love Mayo to win Sam, but can't see it

Yeah, tell us something we don't know! Dads Army can't go on forever! Feck me they did their best against a Doped Dublin for nearly a decade. You can only go to the well so many time. But feck me they are a stubborn bunch!
They certainly are a stubborn bunch. Would love to see them do it, really would, and I think most of Ireland would do too

highorlow

Hope Paddy Durkin is ok, looked like he did his hammer?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go