Galway V Mayo R4 Qualifier

Started by Maroon Manc, July 01, 2019, 10:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 05, 2019, 11:02:14 PM
The @Galway_GAA team to play @MayoGAA - R Lavelle; E Kerin, SA O Ceallaigh, L Silke; G O'Donnell, C McDaid, J Daly; T Flynn, M Daly; P Cooke, S Walsh, J Heaney; A O Laoi, M Farragher, I Burke.

2 of the "injured" lads starting, ye Galway boys are lying aul hoors!!!

An Fhairche Abu

In with a chance now if Flynn and Cooke are actually fit and up to it.
Delighted to see Farragher starting, hope he lights it up.

Duine Eile

Really thought we'd see Power in goal, kick outs are going to be crucial tomorrow and Lavelle is not as good as Power. That said I wouldn't be surprised if we see changes before throw in. No Molloy either

GaillimhIarthair

There will be changes to both team prior to throw in I'd expect.

If it comes anywhere close to the minor game this evening it would be a pleasant surprise.  Great exhibition from both minor teams -  will be interesting to see how they go in the All Ireland series. 

seafoid

Check this 2014 preview out. A certain person noting that Galway were lacking intinsity.
They had better have it this evening.

#JaysusChrisht

https://youtu.be/9In3bD0D4n8
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Here's another blast from the past

« They are a bit flaky. You never know what you are going to get »

https://youtu.be/xp9Wg4fkcHM

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

galwayman

Hard to know what to make of that Galway team.
McDaid I assume won't play centre back anyway - more likely that will be John Daly.
Conroy held in reserve I assume for fitness reasons.
Power should be in goal he's the best we have full stop.
Big chance for Peter Cooke this eve - for me he has never really done it in a Galway Jersey despite the ability he has. Time to alter that today!
The bench could be crucial - haven't heard the subs but Conroy, Comer, Sean Kelly, Brannigan, Molloy, Kyne if all are fit are decent options to call upon.

MayoBuck

What are the likely match ups on both sides?

We'll probably put Barrett on Farragher, Harrison on Burke, Higgins on O'Laoi and Durcan on Walsh. The one poor game that Fionn McDonagh had this year was against Galway in the league. Johnny Heaney was marking him that day so we could see him switching to half back.

Farrandeelin

Anywhere close to the ground that one can watch the Cavan Tyrone game?

Hope our lads can rise themselves, because you can bet your house Galway will. How it's going to go depends on numerous factors. Can Mayo stop Shane Walsh for example, not only him but will Comer come on and wreak havoc? Will our full back line be as exposed? What if Aido isn't properly fit? What if, God forbid we get a man sent off again against them?

I cannot preview the match due to all the above factors. But what I can do is roar till I'm hoarse and continue on afterwards, which I intend to do. Safe travels later folks. Up Mayo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

galwayman

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 05, 2019, 11:05:45 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 05, 2019, 11:02:14 PM
The @Galway_GAA team to play @MayoGAA - R Lavelle; E Kerin, SA O Ceallaigh, L Silke; G O'Donnell, C McDaid, J Daly; T Flynn, M Daly; P Cooke, S Walsh, J Heaney; A O Laoi, M Farragher, I Burke.

2 of the "injured" lads starting, ye Galway boys are lying aul hoors!!!
All lads have been doing is pointing out that there are players carrying injuries who may or may not make it - we don't know yet who will or won't.
It's a fact that those lads such as Flynn and FOC are carrying injuries while it's also a fact that Duggan and D'Arcy are definitely out.
I wouldn't read too much into that named team either.

From the Bunker

What is the Itinerary of todays winners? A game in Killarney, then Croker and then a home game?

Tubberman

Keegan on Mayo bench. Comer & Conroy on Galway bench
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Tubberman on July 06, 2019, 12:37:23 PM
Keegan on Mayo bench. Comer & Conroy on Galway bench

Full benches by any chance?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

cornetto

Seems Tom Flynn is to have a fitness test this morning that will decide his fate,Paul conroy to make his first start since last year if Flynn doesn't make it.

Tubberman

Mayo:
Hennelly
EOD
Drake
McCormack
Carr
Vaughan
Regan
SOS
Loftus
Andy