Stormont Assembly Elections 2017

Started by give her dixie, January 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on March 17, 2017, 08:24:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 17, 2017, 08:13:45 PM
Was there not an informed expert in the article?? We'll know better in 2 years or so if it is worse off...

So it is a case of why try and discuss anything, rather just wait and see.

Good plan. Let's shut the forum down until September and we'll see who won the All Ireland.

So if i were to put up expert views to show a positive spin on it would you be far happier??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 17, 2017, 11:55:58 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 17, 2017, 10:17:31 AM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 16, 2017, 08:52:28 AM
Andersen is obviously an MEP to keep her out of sight locally as she is useless. Unfortunately for SF too many of their politicians (like all parties here) are of poor quality. Some of the 'new' talent that got elected last month with huge votes are shockingly bad!
This is another example of a 'sound bite' post. Can you please provide evidence to support this statement .

For starters most of them struggle to put a sentence together but that is par for the course these days. The new crew should be a step away from the baggage of the troubles to help SF grow but many are quite happy to confirm their family links. I personally would like my public representatives to be respectable and professional and not liking daft comments about the FM on facebook like a ten year old or having their partners assault people on the street . As podge stated many of the supposed old guard aren't much better but i wouldn't be too harsh on Adams and Kelly at least they have a bit of charisma. If you want evidence regarding Andersen then re-watch pretty much any interview she has ever given
A nonsensical rant. Produce the evidence to support your claims. So far you've allude to a young western MLA who stupidly liked a comment about the FM and was publicly rebuked for it it. What else do you have to back up what you say
Careful now

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 17, 2017, 08:51:18 PM
Was there not an informed expert in the article?? We'll know better in 2 years or so if it is worse off...

Good plan. Let's shut the forum down until September and we'll see who won the All Ireland.

So if i were to put up expert views to show a positive spin on it would you be far happier??

I'd be quite happy with an expert with rational argued views.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on March 18, 2017, 12:12:28 AM

As long as you agree with it of course
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2017, 12:18:47 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 18, 2017, 12:12:28 AM

As long as you agree with it of course

If the argument is properly made and supported with facts, what else can I do but agree with it, unless I can refute it.

Milltown Row2

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 17, 2017, 08:03:08 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 17, 2017, 07:58:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 17, 2017, 07:53:46 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 17, 2017, 04:45:52 PM
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/news/union-hard-brexit-will-put-thousands-of-jobs-in-northern-ireland-at-risk-35538445.html

You did read the article??

Did you? Would you like to explain it to us?

Guessing what might happen is not the same as what will happen .... it actually ended up saying trade within the U.K. Is possibly better
Jeff Peel is operating out of la la Land.  If the UK trades under WTO rules tariffs will apply. The UK government does not know what will happen because it can't be arsed studying the consequences. Kelly sounds more clued in.

"There is every indication that our trade will thrive in a United Kingdom that promises to be a global trailblazer for free trade - with the EU and the rest of the world."
is pure plámás
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

randomusername

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on March 18, 2017, 10:24:45 PM
Catholic population set to dwarf Protestants in years ahead

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/catholic-population-set-to-dwarf-protestants-in-years-ahead-1-7872318

Sensationalist headline, yes there's demographic change but it's not like two-thirds of the population is going to be catholic.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: randomusername on March 18, 2017, 11:32:35 PM

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/catholic-population-set-to-dwarf-protestants-in-years-ahead-1-7872318

Sensationalist headline, yes there's demographic change but it's not like two-thirds of the population is going to be catholic.

Yet this is the type of hysterical reporting that is being fed out to the protestant community by one of its major newspapers and attitude formers or reinforcers.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on March 18, 2017, 11:34:55 PM
Quote from: randomusername on March 18, 2017, 11:32:35 PM

Yet this is the type of hysterical reporting that is being fed out to the protestant community by one of its major newspapers and attitude formers or reinforcers.

Two thirds will not be Protestant, by 2080. He who is not with me is against me.

seafoid

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/diarmaid-ferriter-a-history-of-partition-and-europe-s-role-1.3014508
In October 1922, a nationalist deputation from Northern Ireland arrived in Dublin to meet members of the provisional government of the new state. They got short shrift from Kevin O'Higgins, the minister for home affairs, who essentially told them they were on their own and that what northern nationalism needed was "a great deal of strenuous voluntary work – just the same sort of strenuous work that brought the national position to the stage it has reached". The washing of southern hands could hardly have been more apparent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3G1bwD0ao0
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU