Martin Mc Guinness Passes Away at 66

Started by vallankumous, January 09, 2017, 10:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 23, 2017, 07:30:14 PM
In from work and watching Six One on RTE1+1 and they've yet to cover Martin McGuinness's funeral. Disappointing but not surprising.
very poor coverage of the funeral.. i thought it was on bbc i player but i couldn't get it,
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Armamike

Clinton's speech was brilliant, as ever. Brilliant orator.
That's just, like your opinion man.

lawnseed

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

gallsman

Gregory Campbell on The View now undoing any warmth people may have expressed towards Arlene this afternoon.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on March 23, 2017, 11:10:30 PM
Gregory Campbell on The View now undoing any warmth people may have expressed towards Arlene this afternoon.
He's a hate-filled cretin. Just turn it off.

93-DY-SAM

Gregory is a total waste of good oxygen. Am sick of hearing this crap about rewritting history. Unionists have totally air brushed from history their discrimination and mistreatment of Catholics in the years prior to the start of the troubles.

gallsman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 23, 2017, 11:27:27 PM
He's a hate-filled cretin. Just turn it off.

Nah, everyone else on it has been great. Susan McKay really just put the boot into Gregory and called out historical DUP connections to paramilitaries.

In hiding

https://youtu.be/3qvUYtOr-Xc
Martin was some leader.He will be sorely missed. This is how reconciliation is done.
RIP

CiKe

Quote from: stew on March 23, 2017, 07:33:11 PM
Bladder every disrespect  intended but I have blocked your posts because you bore me, apologies if any of your drivel pertained to my posts, if not please ignore this post, cheers mate )

Hardly the place Stew, ye are as bad as each other, just leave it alone.

RIP Martin, we're unlikely to see his like again any time soon.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on March 23, 2017, 11:32:14 PM
Gregory is a total waste of good oxygen. Am sick of hearing this crap about rewritting history. Unionists have totally air brushed from history their discrimination and mistreatment of Catholics in the years prior to the start of the troubles.

In black and white in his article in the Newsletter: http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/gregory-campbell-the-full-truth-has-to-be-told-about-martin-mcguinness-1-7881961

QuoteCatholic and Protestant working-class communities faced the same disadvantage, the same discrimination and the same lack of opportunities.

This is a line that Campbell always maintains.  Most people, even those opposed to republican violence would say it was a response to discrimination.  They might argue the appropriateness of the response.  However this lad is claiming it didn't happen.

Completely out of touch.

/Jim.

Rudi

Evil prevails when good men do nothing. Martin was a good man representing his people. RIP

johnneycool

Quote from: AQMP on March 24, 2017, 09:51:50 AM

He was regurgitating the same ballix on the radio this morning.  While it would be comforting to regard Gregory as some sort of voice crying in the wilderness, unfortunately he does represent a significant constituency in northern Unionist thinking.  They just can't get over the fact that they didn't "win" the war.

Yes it was good to hear another Derry Protestant, Susan McKay, give him a touch on the telly last night.

With Ian O'g, Sophie Long and the likes breaking from the mould there is a hope that unionism is beginning to acknowledge that there is a strong Irish nationalist element to the North that won't take anything else other than equality and mutual respect to be a given.

In the same breath Unionism in itself is sorely lacking leaders who're prepared to lead from the front without looking over their shoulders all the time at how the hardliners are going to see their actions. When the likes of Jim Rodgers is shit scared to deal with bonefire builders in East Belfast wrecking a £40 Million Greenway it doesn't bode well in terms of true leadership.