Men killed as stolen car crashes

Started by Minder, April 13, 2008, 08:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

BC had displayed that attitude.

There may be a few less extreme things you can feel in between God love them and slap it up them do you not think? If you think there's nothing in between then you think in a pretty black and white manner - but I have noticed this before.

I wouldn't gloat at someone's death but I do think "good enough for them" and maybe that's wrong but I can't help that and I'd rather it be them than the innocent man in the other car.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Minder

What about the taxi driver that they hit that was out trying to do a days work, something a joyrider wouldnt know a thing about. He will be out of work and will have no means of income but sure there are no "socio economic" circumstances keeping him back so he will be grand........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Muzz

I was actually on a few minutes after Minder first posted the thread with that title.  I was actually in the process of writing how I thought it was a bit over the top etc. and how no one deserved to die no matter what they had done. 

This is when I recalled a few months back the whole debate about Paul Quinn - From what I had heard this country is a better place without the likes of this individual and for "probably" these two young guys.

I would rather have seen these guys caught and completely rehabilitated.  Chances of that happening was slim.  The likes of Paul Quinn had enough chances.  Maybe these guys didnt get their chance to put their lives straight - for the one with a child should have been looking at the bigger picture instead of seeking his thrill.

Minder

Fair points Muzz but how much carnage would there need to happen before these fellas decided this kind of behaviour wasnt for them? From what i have heard these two fellas were at it fairly regularly.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Muzz

I would definitely have more sympathy (if any) for first time offenders that ended up like this.  If what you say is correct and they were no strangers to this type of behaviour they should have known better.  As has been pointed out.  Many of us have come across joyriders on the wrong side of the road or mounting footpaths etc. these guys would have come across these obstacles before.  They were well aware of the dangers!!!

Zapatista

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 14, 2008, 07:45:38 PM

I wouldn't gloat at someone's death but I do think "good enough for them" and maybe that's wrong but I can't help that and I'd rather it be them than the innocent man in the other car.

Pints, does this point not go, in someway, towards justifying what has been said by some posters you claim to to be wrong on the thread?

pintsofguinness

Zapatista

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 15, 2008, 01:28:34 PM
I don't follow zap?

That some things might be wrong but you just can't help that?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Zapatista on April 15, 2008, 01:44:45 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 15, 2008, 01:28:34 PM
I don't follow zap?

That some things might be wrong but you just can't help that?

No, because my thoughts won't kill or ruin lives!

Zapatista

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Zapatista on April 16, 2008, 07:50:13 AM
Ian Paisleys thoughts did.

Surely that was more his words and actions.

Unless the Pradestant people can mind-read (and kept it secret from us RC's).  ;)
Tbc....

SuperMac

There is justice after all. A few months ago I beleive there was a gang of scumbags stealing motorbikes in Cork city. One day on a stolen bike the rider was killed and the pillion badly injured. Thank God no human beings were otherwise hurt. Seems since the death of the skanger the amount of bike theft has quickly declined in Cork. Justice served.