Next Laois football manager

Started by SCFC, July 27, 2017, 08:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OTF

Quote from: town1980 on August 10, 2017, 03:15:21 PM
what have these last few points got to do with the laois managers job???

Job description

TheGiantSquid

John Sugrue is nailed on for the position it seems, my good mole in CB told me!! Interesting appointment to say the least.

Tony

I won't believe it 'till I see it; way too many rumours were off the mark this year.

town1980

You could be right he has done a lot with the Heath this year too and Donnie is on the commitee,,, if it's a laois man at the minute there's one man for me on what I'm seeing

SCFC

Second half was decent enough alright.
Looks like the weasel might have to come up with something else to keep his club senior!🙄

Keyser Söze

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on August 12, 2017, 12:01:57 PM
Don't know where your getting that squid,  they may like him but not sure the clubs will ratify an outside appointment.  Most of the clubs want a Laois man for the job, don't think any senior club nominated him for job.  I don't think the executive would like their nomination getting voted down, if they nominate Sugrue this is quite likely to happen. Maybe the County Board are braver than I think, but it would show really poor reading of the game within Laois.

Honestly couldn't see why people would have a problem with Sugrue?
Seems to be respected, has as good a record as anyone working within Laois, has a professional qualification that somewhat informs preparation etc.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Don Draper

Sugrue be mad to touch that job.

Unison

Quote from: SCFC on August 12, 2017, 06:37:03 PM
Second half was decent enough alright.
Looks like the weasel might have to come up with something else to keep his club senior!🙄

;) ;) Very Good. It'll be interesting to see what transpires.

town1980

Joint management with surgu and one of our own??

Target Man

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on August 12, 2017, 09:14:59 PM
John Sugrue is capable, but why this county continually ignores it's own verges on idiotic.  Malachy McNulty  is tearing it up with Portlaoise this year, Clancy is doing a fine job with Graigue and there is Joe Higgins and Chris Conway.  Why in gods name to we continually go for someone who can never have the same passion for Laois Football no matter how hard they try.   Could you actually imagine Kerry in this position considering someone from Laois.  The Laois job is much more than a managers job at the moment it's going to a P R exercise among the clubs and sponsors.  This is not about a coach or manager this is actually about someone reigniting the fire in Laois Football.

It is most definitely about a manager. Why are the candidates you pointed out better than Sugrue?

If the only reason you can give is they were born in Laois....

Tony

John Sugrue is practically a Laois man at this stage and has a far better CV compared with some Laois men up for the job. That's just the truth of it. I'd be happy with him taking over. He also knows a lot about s&c, has a good managerial track record and is based in Laois. You say we gamble on outsiders ballyroanabu but lets not pretend Clancy or Higgins is not a major gamble too.

I was up for a Laois man taking over unless a very good candidate shows up. If Sugrue is interested, I'd choose him hands down.

And enough of the anti billy sheehan talk. He's more passionate about Laois than almost anyone out there. We'd do very well to have him involved in some capacity.

Tony

Billy Sheehan is at every Laois match, home and away. Not only that, he also shows up with his kids togged out head to toe in Laois gear. He was absolutely passionate about Laois and still is. I remember being out in the same bar as almost the entire Laois squad a couple of years back after a defeat in the championship. Most were drinking and trying to forget about it but Billy was depressed in a corner. Tried to talk to him - he was inconsolable over the defeat. That's how much it means to him. I wouldn't pick him as manager yet but as I say, to have him involved in some capacity would be great in my opinion.

Listen Ballyroan, if the perfect Laois manager existed he'd be in the role. There's no anti-Laois bias IN LAOIS. Many Laois men have got the role over the years - so I'm not sure what you're on about to be honest. If I was to pick a Laois man it'd be Malachy, hands down. But does he even want it?

BallyroanAbu

Tony you are deluded there has always been an anti Laois bias in Laois.  Different Clubs are always scheming against each other, If one springs to mind in the recent past Pat Roe good enough for 2 or 3 other counties they could not be bothered with him here.  How else could TOF get a job here ran out of Galway and yet he pitches up here, no questions asked.  Billy Sheehan is not from Laois and never will be and let him cry for whoever he wants.  He did not even know where EMO was when he first came,  He is some man for the Laois matches considering his with Cork.  If any of you deluded chaps wants to believe Billy Sheehan is a Laois Man then continue on.  But I am sure I can dig out his Stacks video.   He also is also a mad Liverpool fan does that make him a scouser.  Like before Tony you are far too close to the county board to have a neutral point of view.  This time last year you were all about Creedon.   

TheGiantSquid

You have a vendetta against Billy Sheehan Mr. Scully!!

Tony

Some serious nonsense coming out of your head BallyroanAbu. Mick Lillis is practically a Laois man, Sean Dempsey is most definitely a Laois man - both recent Laois managers. If there was a clear Laois canditate he'd be in the position in a flash. The fact that we're naming Malachy McNulty as the forerunner - a young man just 2 seasons into his club managerial career - suggests definitely that we don't have clear laois candidates without risk. Come on now, common sense. Laois men don't mind a Laois man in charge, ONCE HE'S RIGHT FOR THE JOB. Enough with the conspiracy theory that we don't value other Laois men. Something boiled up in your own head there. And lay off Billy, he gave his all for this county, zero chance you'd say any of that nonsense to his face.