Does your county have a local radio or media company

Started by Fuzzman, October 23, 2018, 03:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

How many of ye have local radio or does your county board stream their own games such as Armagh TV?
I know Donegal have Highland Radio and a lot of counties would do the same but are they moving over now to pay for live TV streaming for a one off subscription?

Teamtalkmag.com is the main one in Tyrone and most would agree provide a great service for free but at the weekend the county board decided to suddenly ban their coverage of the county final at the last minute as they themselves were bringing on board a new streaming service for a fee of £8 to watch it live.
Do your ex pat fans depend on this service online to stay in touch with local GAA back home?

Just wondering do other counties do something similar?

How many Tyrone ones on here signed up on Sunday and how many were annoyed it wasn't on TTM for free?

Itchy

Cavan has northern sound, which is also covering monaghan. We also have "wearecavan" which does podcasts but also does commentary on games that aren't on northern sound. No tv streaming in the county yet.

trailer

Teamtalk are amateurs who have been using Tyrone's success to further their own name for long enough. Their road to Bundoran bullshit is a cash cow that has no credibility. If you don't attend - you don't win.
They had the run of the county for long enough. I'm glad the CB turfed their amateur shite out on it's ear. They tried to take over the CB last year and it backfired spectacularly. A pack of bluffers.

skeog

TTM shafted by CB maybe a wee reminder who is in charge.TTM are to be commended for their coverage of all Gaa codes for the last 10 odd years.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: trailer on October 23, 2018, 03:39:54 PM
Teamtalk are amateurs who have been using Tyrone's success to further their own name for long enough. Their road to Bundoran bullshit is a cash cow that has no credibility. If you don't attend - you don't win.
They had the run of the county for long enough. I'm glad the CB turfed their amateur shite out on it's ear. They tried to take over the CB last year and it backfired spectacularly. A pack of bluffers.

Harsh.  Very harsh.  They have provided great coverage over the years.  Better coverage than the county board have provided.  Great to be able to hear the games on the radio.

Boycey

We had a conversation about this in the pub last night, I think Fermanagh co board streamed their county final this year, for a small charge?

BennyCake

A county podcast would be great. Weekly news and roundup of club and county action. Or player interview especially from lower clubs. Would be a great addition. No paper or radio really does that in Armagh.

Snapchap

Pay no heed to the bit of spoofing from Trailer, above. He obviously has some sort of a chip on his shoulder regarding the men who run the service.

Safe to say that the GAA population of Tyrone hold Teamtalk in very high regard. For those outside of the county unaware of it, Teamtalk provides live internet radio commentary along with twitter score updates from at least one Tyrone league game each week and the same for just about every club championship championship game, barring fixture clashes, all free of charge. After each game, a range of video interviews are posted online with various players/managers. They also do a weekly video podcast discussing club and county football with different guests each week, again free of charge, and hold regular chat nights, which are broadcast free online. They also do extensive coverage of underage and ladies club football across the county. They also have an online archive of photos from club football going back years. They've also done a lot of PR work for Club Tyrone in their various fundraising drives. All in all, it's some service to be providing for free, run for the most part by just two men.

Captain Scarlet

In Kildare we have Kfm who do all the usual big games and their sports coverage is good overall.
There is also a media partner who have been kept on, but I honestly don't see any output bar a quick chat with the manager or a player at the height of Super 8s. Club scene coverage is non-existent and I didn't see a camera at the county final at all.

But then again the fuckin PA system is fucked in Newbridge for as long as I can remember and it hasn't been seen to.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rosnarun

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on October 24, 2018, 12:40:53 PM
In Kildare we have Kfm who do all the usual big games and their sports coverage is good overall.
There is also a media partner who have been kept on, but I honestly don't see any output bar a quick chat with the manager or a player at the height of Super 8s. Club scene coverage is non-existent and I didn't see a camera at the county final at all.

But then again the fuckin PA system is fucked in Newbridge for as long as I can remember and it hasn't been seen to.
every thing is fucked up in newbridge but kildare people seem to love it anyway.(no chips on shoulders here)

Mayo are faily well looked after Miswest do an good jon with big matches but only ok with clubstuff as they are quiet liable to put on an aker bilk tune instead of staying with the last few minutes of the match.

and the Mayo news do quiet a good podcast if you bear to listen toi the ever pompus wille joe. explain why he wasn't actually at the match
all big club games are streamed by Mayo gaa tv (thouf county board) for €5 euro for okish quality but its improving all the time
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

theticklemister

County Derry Post is tremendous. Unfortunately , we have no radio coverage. Use to have highlights of cship games but not this year.

I help run the Lancashire GAA PR team. We have a very active Facebook where we do team of the week, player profiles, videos. We had Irish in UK in there for county final the other day. We are currently doing an All Star selection and just released nominations which people enjoy.

Fuzzman

Good to get the feedback lads and yes I did choose to ignore a certain person  ;)

I just wanted to get a feel for people's thoughts on here before I started to react on social media in case there was something I didn't know about

I have started to attend the TTM all star awards the last few years and the players and families seem really pleased with the event. In the years I've been there they had Joanne Cantwell and Jarlath Burns as MCs and it seems very well run. Noel McGinn, Damien Harvey and the others puts a hell of a lot of effort into promoting the GAA within Tyrone which is a huge resource for people like us who live far away.

For the new Tyrone Chairman and committee to throw a spanner in the works just seems crazy to me and I wondered why would they do this unless it was something personal.

trailer

Quote from: Snapchap on October 24, 2018, 10:29:33 AM
Pay no heed to the bit of spoofing from Trailer, above. He obviously has some sort of a chip on his shoulder regarding the men who run the service.

Safe to say that the GAA population of Tyrone hold Teamtalk in very high regard. For those outside of the county unaware of it, Teamtalk provides live internet radio commentary along with twitter score updates from at least one Tyrone league game each week and the same for just about every club championship championship game, barring fixture clashes, all free of charge. After each game, a range of video interviews are posted online with various players/managers. They also do a weekly video podcast discussing club and county football with different guests each week, again free of charge, and hold regular chat nights, which are broadcast free online. They also do extensive coverage of underage and ladies club football across the county. They also have an online archive of photos from club football going back years. They've also done a lot of PR work for Club Tyrone in their various fundraising drives. All in all, it's some service to be providing for free, run for the most part by just two men.

lol is that you Damien?