Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Unlucky loss. That Chong miss to make it 2-0 and would be game over, Astana made it 1-1 from the next attack. OG won the game for them. I didn't expect United to have as much of the ball and as many shots on goal with such a youthful and patched up side.

Lingard finally scored a goal but he didn't play well. Tuanzebe,Shaw after their injury lay offs looked well off the pace. Laird and Garner were among the best players for United.

Boycey

lenny

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 28, 2019, 05:41:53 PM
Ended up losing 2-1. Wow. Just wow.

Astana were 6/1. Some bet at home given United had a youth team out.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Maroon Manc

Hard to learn too much about the youngsters last night given the poor tempo of the game, I've watched most of them in the u18's and 23's in recent years and their all technically very good but hard to know how good they are until their given a chance in the 1st team. Laird was probably the most impressive but thats not a surprise to anyone who's seen him before. Gomes' development has stalled a little, as a 16 year old he was as good as anything his age in Europe but his size is still a worry; Would much rather see him getting minutes ahead of Mata but don't know whether his contract wrangle is causing an issue.

Shaw was very disappointing, poor defensively and offered very little going forward; He's a very unintelligent player, time and time again he fails to make the right run either to get the ball or create space for someone else. He's another one who's got a fight on his hands to save his future at OT. Lingard's first touch was poor and and time and time again he'd carry the ball into a teammates space instead of passing to him earlier, brainless at times.

So many average players still at OT who are not good enough and most of them have been bought. I feel a bit sorry for Jones, he'd have been a very good player if he could stay fit but he just can't stay fit. He played as nearly many games in his first 3 seasons then he's played in the next 6, time to get rid barring a miracle. Don't know whats going on with our defenders but Dalot & Rojo are another two who can't stay fit, no idea whats wrong with Dalot currently.

magpie seanie

Was pleasantly surprised with the play in the first half especially. Good touch and crisp passing even if Astana looked woeful. United could and should have had a few more. Changed totally after their goal but a good workout for those young players - 7 teenagers started. I saw a tweet from Any Mitten that the game was closer to Hong Kong than Manchester so can see why Ole decided on this approach. AZ Alkmaar drew last night so a draw at home to them now enough to get top spot.

stiffler

Another horrible start from Utd, things do not seem much better than this time last year.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

under the bar

Harsh lesson for young Williams tonight.  Had enough opportunities for his brain-fart not to matter but with only Rashford to rely on we couldn't convert them. Solksjaer certainly giving youth a chance tho

Geoff Tipps

With Spurs and City up next United will probably be looking for a new manager come Saturday night.

Cunny Funt

Like last Sunday a great opportunity to finish the weekend in 5th wasted. Villa probably deserved the draw but for United to fight back from 1-0 down to lead and then let that lead go so cheaply and within minutes of scoring was yet another example of how fragile United are and have been for a number of seasons now.

Spurs and City to play in the next two league games, hard to see United get anything out of those games unless McTominay and Pogba return from injury.

NAG1

What is the story with Pogba's injury, seems to have dragged out massively.

Maroon Manc

A very worrying performance, United outplayed by another promoted team. Its been very obvious since the first few weeks of the season United will struggle against any team that is organised and prepared to let United have the ball, United had 62% of the ball yesterday and 59% against Sheffield United. Its a big week for Ole with Spurs & City coming up, its difficult to make a case for United getting anything from either games unless McTominay & Pogba returns. We lack any sort of cohesion and now defensively look very suspect at the back, Maguire & Wan Bisaka's performance levels have dropped.

I really like Ole but as each week passes its getting harder and harder to make a case for him, he has no real track record in a big league and United have been in free fall since March and with a manger like Pochettino available for free he's obviously now going to be under a lot of pressure; A lot of mates who were prepared to give him time have changed their mind in the last week or so with Poch available and with the 2 really poor performances.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 02, 2019, 09:38:24 AM
A very worrying performance, United outplayed by another promoted team. Its been very obvious since the first few weeks of the season United will struggle against any team that is organised and prepared to let United have the ball, United had 62% of the ball yesterday and 59% against Sheffield United. Its a big week for Ole with Spurs & City coming up, its difficult to make a case for United getting anything from either games unless McTominay & Pogba returns. We lack any sort of cohesion and now defensively look very suspect at the back, Maguire & Wan Bisaka's performance levels have dropped.

I really like Ole but as each week passes its getting harder and harder to make a case for him, he has no real track record in a big league and United have been in free fall since March and with a manger like Pochettino available for free he's obviously now going to be under a lot of pressure; A lot of mates who were prepared to give him time have changed their mind in the last week or so with Poch available and with the 2 really poor performances.

If things dont pick up soon with maybe a loan signing or two in January I can see the board starting to get itchy feet, they clearly have felt that Poch was the man for the job in previous years and his availability heaps the pressure on Ole.

I wouldnt be surprised if they get a pre contract agreement in place with him giving Ole the team until the summer with a more graceful hand over then. Plus they can get Ole to do some of the squad trimming that is required as well prior to then.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: NAG1 on December 02, 2019, 09:24:13 AM
What is the story with Pogba's injury, seems to have dragged out massively.

You might curiously see it drag out to January 1st....

Farrandeelin

Real premier league table.

40 Liverpool
32 Leicester
29 Man City
26 Chelsea
20 Tottenham, Wolves
19 Sheff Utd, Arsenal
18 Man Utd, Burnley, C Palace
16 Bournemouth, West Ham, Newcastle
15 A Villa, Brighton
14 Everton
12 Southampton
11 Norwich
8 Watford

There we are. 6 points above the bottom 3. 23 points needed to get the '40 point mark'. Good job there's 24 games left to get them eh?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.