Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 19, 2019, 01:43:49 PM
Manager of year winner?

Doubt it. Has achieved nothing as of yet, apart from a few wins against shit teams.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 19, 2019, 01:41:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2019, 01:26:04 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 19, 2019, 10:52:39 AM
Reading some of the comments on here I honestly don't know what lads are looking at....but anyway, I'm not going to be negative.

That was very enjoyable last night. Obviously United looked very dangerous in attack and their passing was so crisp and accurate it was a joy to watch. The defending though....the total committment to the job in hand and to each other was superb. Yes I was nervous until the 95th minute but realisitically Romero didn't have too much to do. We all know that man for man United's defenders aren't the most talented but when you're organised and committed it can make up for a lot of deficiencies. To me, that's the most encouraging aspect of the OGS era - the ability to adjust tactically and gameplan. I also love the freedom he gives the players to rotate areas on the field but that only happens if your teammates are aware of what's going on and willing to fill in for you. Pogba made me laugh a couple of times last night....you could see his natural inclination was to stop running after someone a few times but he seemed to argue with himself and kept going reluctantly. He covered a good bit of ground last night. Rashford is downright scary at the moment.

Beaten Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea away in recent weeks. Bring on next weekend.

Well its taken about 3 seasons for that  ;)

As recent weeks have proven I couldn't have been more correct. Why don't you stick to improving your predictions!

But you were negative or moaning a lot, I put a wee smiley face on so I didnt hurt your feelings  :-*
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

Manager of year winner?

Can't be a serious view. Manager takes most expensively assembled team of all time (certainly 2nd or 3rd if not) to a few straight wins?

I'd have thought the Wolves manager is a shoe in personally. Maybe Warnock if he pulls off an unlikely miracle at Cardiff although his personality probably would mean he'll not even be considered.

OGS will be judged on City and Liverpool - they are Manchester United rivals with Chelsea going through a bit of blip at present.

Cunny Funt

Manager of year winner?
Yes if United finish in the top 4 and win a trophy as it shouldn't be forgotten United's season looked dead and beyond repair when he took on the job. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 19, 2019, 02:47:43 PM
Manager of year winner?

Can't be a serious view. Manager takes most expensively assembled team of all time (certainly 2nd or 3rd if not) to a few straight wins?

I'd have thought the Wolves manager is a shoe in personally. Maybe Warnock if he pulls off an unlikely miracle at Cardiff although his personality probably would mean he'll not even be considered.

OGS will be judged on City and Liverpool - they are Manchester United rivals with Chelsea going through a bit of blip at present.

Not the Spurs game?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2019, 02:56:08 PM
Manager of year winner?

Not the Spurs game?

It was a good result, but not one I would imagine that'll catapult him into the manager of year territory or even the full time gig at OT.

Spurs battered Utd that day, a combination of shocking finishing and DDG got Utd over the line I'm sure you would agree.

trailer

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 19, 2019, 03:19:31 PM
Manager of year winner?

Not the Spurs game?

It was a good result, but not one I would imagine that'll catapult him into the manager of year territory or even the full time gig at OT.

Spurs battered Utd that day, a combination of shocking finishing and DDG got Utd over the line I'm sure you would agree.

You'd imagine he'd get Utd's Manager of the Season award though.

Boycey

Manager of year, nah however he is doing an absolute fantastic job and he's currently making it nigh on impossible to look past him for the job long term. Will that be the right decision? I hope so but I've a nagging doubt that it's not just that simple...

stiffler

A lot of people said ogs will be judged on the PSG game , time will tell whether that will be the case or not.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

trueblue1234

Quote from: Boycey on February 19, 2019, 05:05:13 PM
Manager of year, nah however he is doing an absolute fantastic job and he's currently making it nigh on impossible to look past him for the job long term. Will that be the right decision? I hope so but I've a nagging doubt that it's not just that simple...
Yeah it has to be considered how much of a negative impact Jose was. How much of this great run of form is due to OGS and how much is due to the removal of Mourino. That said, OGS has done all that can be asked of him so i can't see how he can be looked past!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trailer

I think Utd should wait till the end of the season and make a decision on OGS then but this craic that they've beaten no one and it's been an easy run etc. People should remember these were games Utd regularly lost over this past 4 or 5 years. So winning them is a significant improvement.

BarryBreensBandage

Does anyone else get the feeling that Phelan and McKenna have an awful lot to do with this run? Phelan may just be the Brian Kidd of this era at Utd. And McKenna poached from Spurs, he was considered to be that good.
Another interesting point made on the radio is the job that OGS' main threat has done at Spurs since Utd beat them. 4 straight PL wins and stuffing the runaway leaders of the Bundesliga, without Kane and Ali. Time will tell I suppose.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Milltown Row2

Manager of year winner?

Not the Spurs game?

I'd agree that Ole isn't manager of the year based on half a season, nor did I say the game v Spurs was a battle, but Utd came out with a result, they've beaten Chelsea Spurs and Arsenal. That was all I was saying.

Whatever the result at the weekend and again v city, Ole has done plenty to put his hat in the ring for the  permanent position.

I just found it amusing you left out Spurs away from home game.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2019, 11:16:12 PM
Manager of year winner?

Not the Spurs game?

I'd agree that Ole isn't manager of the year based on half a season, nor did I say the game v Spurs was a battle, but Utd came out with a result, they've beaten Chelsea Spurs and Arsenal. That was all I was saying.

Whatever the result at the weekend and again v city, Ole has done plenty to put his hat in the ring for the  permanent position.

I just found it amusing you left out Spurs away from home game.

Spurs are Spurs?  ;D :-X