Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Where does he suggest Ulster GAA play games that require a 34k seater stadium? Clones? An absolute shithole.

RadioGAAGAA

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/51472441

Croke Park are starting to say "enough".

Hopefully rescoped down to a 20k stadium (with one covered seated area and one covered standing area and both ends uncovered)

Big enough and suited for the job.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: trailer on February 08, 2020, 03:14:22 PM
Where does he suggest Ulster GAA play games that require a 34k seater stadium? Clones? An absolute shithole.

Clones is fine.

If its only needed for big games, then ye travel and accept the roads are a bit dung rather than needlessly pissing away tens of millions on a nice to have for 2 or 3 times (at most) a year.
i usse an speelchekor

armaghniac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on February 12, 2020, 04:31:36 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/51472441

Croke Park are starting to say "enough".

Hopefully rescoped down to a 20k stadium (with one covered seated area and one covered standing area and both ends uncovered)

Big enough and suited for the job.

That is OK, but then they would have to modernise Clones.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: armaghniac on February 12, 2020, 04:35:08 PM

Why?

Do ye need a spongy seat or something?

i usse an speelchekor

An Watcher

Give me Clones before an old or new casement any day if the week. Much better venue all round

PMG1

Clones is a great venue, but you have to remember this money is being handed to the GAA to build a stadium in the north, they can't use it for Clones. Never look a gift horse in the mouth, the money has been set aside and needs to be used so we have to do something in the wee 6 with it

bannside

An Watcher you can go to Clones all you like, but I think you'll find the money from Ni govt was for a stadium that would help the regeneration of West Belfast, a vastly underdeveloped wasteland...that's why they were promised a substantially larger revenue pot than Ravenhill or Windsor Pk. There was never talk of giving the money to Ulster Council to build it wherever they wanted. Please keep up.

armaghniac

Quote from: bannside on February 12, 2020, 10:35:45 PM
An Watcher you can go to Clones all you like, but I think you'll find the money from Ni govt was for a stadium that would help the regeneration of West Belfast, a vastly underdeveloped wasteland...that's why they were promised a substantially larger revenue pot than Ravenhill or Windsor Pk. There was never talk of giving the money to Ulster Council to build it wherever they wanted. Please keep up.

All he said was that Clones was a better venue. This simply reflects that the atmosphere is better, if only because the local people are friendly. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on February 12, 2020, 10:44:07 PM

All he said was that Clones was a better venue. This simply reflects that the atmosphere is better, if only because the local people are friendly.

So the local people around casement are unfriendly? Atmosphere can be generated but you can't say the new stadium won't be lacking atmosphere, has Croke atmosphere since it was rebuilt?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 12, 2020, 10:50:40 PM

So the local people around casement are unfriendly? Atmosphere can be generated but you can't say the new stadium won't be lacking atmosphere, has Croke atmosphere since it was rebuilt?

They're right people to TBH, but would your car be safer in Clones or West Belfast...(only messin)

FFS lads just get the fecking thing built, Belfast needs it. Antrim needs it, the money is there for it...whats the issue
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

trileacman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 12, 2020, 10:50:40 PM

The problem in a nutshell.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

bannside

Yea??? In a nutshell it is then because Trileacman says so! The Dublin supporters had that reputation too, used to get a lot of fighting on the Hill before Croke Park was refurbished!

five points

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on February 12, 2020, 04:36:11 PM

Why?

The dangerous cage terrace on the Hill needs shutting.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: five points on February 13, 2020, 09:48:49 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on February 12, 2020, 04:36:11 PM

Why?

The dangerous cage terrace on the Hill needs shutting.

Why?

How many serious injuries have been caused by it over the years?
i usse an speelchekor