China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

I'm going to mute you now Angelo. As you can't produce facts you're now just being abusive. Why is that? Do you think it makes you seem tough?  That's no way to go through life

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on January 20, 2021, 10:36:08 AM
I'm going to mute you now Angelo. As you can't produce facts you're now just being abusive. Why is that? Do you think it makes you seem tough?  That's no way to go through life

You're going to mute me because you're a coward who has been shown to be very disingenuous and completely hypocritical.

I haven't been one bit abusive. I have just called out your trolling and double standards and in typical coward fashion you have ran away.

Cowards run away. You are running away.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tbrick18

Quote from: Angelo on January 20, 2021, 09:47:54 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 19, 2021, 11:50:13 PM
Nurse from a Cork Hospital on the News tonight talking about the trauma of treating young people unable to breathe because of this awful virus.

Do you ever post about the awful trauma of suicide victims, road traffic deaths or cancer sufferers or do you cynically use Covid as a train for your own sanctimony.

Maybe have a word with a domestic abuse victim about her trauma.

Your Gay Byrne facade would make anyone sick.

The irony of this post is just stunning!
;D ;D ;D

Angelo

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 20, 2021, 12:31:07 PM
Nurse from a Cork Hospital on the News tonight talking about the trauma of treating young people unable to breathe because of this awful virus.

Do you ever post about the awful trauma of suicide victims, road traffic deaths or cancer sufferers or do you cynically use Covid as a train for your own sanctimony.

;D ;D ;D

No irony there at all.

Where guys like you put Covid victims up at the top of a hierarchy I have consistently argued that we need to look at all victims equally and at the minute we are not doing that.

We have you usual empty smartarse comment before you'll run on again. Tell me why Covid victims are above everyone else. Show me your concern and your demand that we address other causes of preventable deaths that happen on an ongoing, annual basis. I don't expect you'll be able to address this - quelle surprise.

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 20, 2021, 09:42:05 AM
24 deaths yesterday, hopefully there are less today as it's getting out of hand.

Got out of hand you mean.

There's a two week lag from community spread till the hospitals start filling up then another week or two till the deaths start.

The deaths we're seeing now are due to the irresponsible behaviour in and around the lead up to Christmas and over the festive season.

We're not expecting this to peak for another week or so.

Sobering numbers all the same.

imtommygunn

22 dead today :( 905 cases so still pretty high though notably a lot more tests carried out today. ICU going up a bit but inpatients going down a bit (but just a bit).

tbrick18

Quote from: Angelo on January 20, 2021, 12:33:48 PM

;D ;D ;D

No irony there at all.

Where guys like you put Covid victims up at the top of a hierarchy I have consistently argued that we need to look at all victims equally and at the minute we are not doing that.

We have you usual empty smartarse comment before you'll run on again. Tell me why Covid victims are above everyone else. Show me your concern and your demand that we address other causes of preventable deaths that happen on an ongoing, annual basis. I don't expect you'll be able to address this - quelle surprise.

;D ;D
No irony at all. (Sarcasm)

You're not worth conversing with on this topic as you cant see any point of view but your own and resort to insult when someone disagrees with you.
But just for the craic....you say...

Quoteyou cynically use Covid as a train for your own sanctimony.
Then on the very next line:

QuoteMaybe have a word with a domestic abuse victim about her trauma.

Looks like someone is using domestic abuse as a train for their own sanctimony.

;D ;D ;D

Ty4Sam

Definitely some worrying news starting to filter through about the vaccine. An uneven spread of distribution around the world which defeats the purpose of immunisation. A delay in the Astra vaccine in Ireland until mid February at the earliest and probably worst of all is reports from Israel that they believe one dose of the Pfizer vaccine is giving just 33% efficacy. If we are in this for the long haul then surely closing borders, 14 day hotel quarantine and letting us get on with it is the only viable option.

Angelo

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 20, 2021, 02:15:54 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 20, 2021, 12:33:48 PM

;D ;D ;D

No irony there at all.

;D ;D
No irony at all. (Sarcasm)

You're not worth conversing with on this topic as you cant see any point of view but your own and resort to insult when someone disagrees with you.
But just for the craic....you say...

Quoteyou cynically use Covid as a train for your own sanctimony.
Then on the very next line:

QuoteMaybe have a word with a domestic abuse victim about her trauma.

Looks like someone is using domestic abuse as a train for their own sanctimony.

;D ;D ;D

Yes. That's exposing his sanctimony. If he can show me where he is so sympathetic to other causes of deaths that are currently happening then he has me beaten but it seems to me that he has used this thread as a vehicle to show us how much he cares when it's very hollow.

The floor is Rossfan's but like his fellow free state coward in Dublin7, when the floor is there for them to fight these accusations they are simply unable to.

Do not do unto other others......

dublin7

Quote from: Ty4Sam on January 20, 2021, 02:58:13 PM
Definitely some worrying news starting to filter through about the vaccine. An uneven spread of distribution around the world which defeats the purpose of immunisation. A delay in the Astra vaccine in Ireland until mid February at the earliest and probably worst of all is reports from Israel that they believe one dose of the Pfizer vaccine is giving just 33% efficacy. If we are in this for the long haul then surely closing borders, 14 day hotel quarantine and letting us get on with it is the only viable option.

That's not quite true. What they said was if the 2nd dose is given within the 14 days of the 1st dose as recommended then the vaccine is performing as advertised by Pfizer.

People who received the 2nd dose after 14 days (21 days recommended limit) then they see a drop off in the perfomance of the vaccine and that's were they are getting the 33% efficacy figure

mackers

Quote from: dublin7 on January 20, 2021, 03:49:34 PM

That's not quite true. What they said was if the 2nd dose is given within the 14 days of the 1st dose as recommended then the vaccine is performing as advertised by Pfizer.

People who received the 2nd dose after the 14 day recommended limit (like the UK) see a significant drop off in the perfomance of the vaccine and that's were they are getting the 33% efficacy figure
Doing a bit of reading up on this myself.  It looks as if meddling with when the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine is given will turn out to be a mistake.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Angelo

People who received the 2nd dose after 14 days (21 days recommended limit) then they see a drop off in the perfomance of the vaccine and that's were they are getting the 33% efficacy figure

Well who would have thought it.

You've made look quite the mug by big pharma yet again. More slow learning by dublin7.

tbrick18

Quote from: mackers on January 20, 2021, 03:52:26 PM

People who received the 2nd dose after the 14 day recommended limit (like the UK) see a significant drop off in the perfomance of the vaccine and that's were they are getting the 33% efficacy figure
Doing a bit of reading up on this myself.  It looks as if meddling with when the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine is given will turn out to be a mistake.

I believe Pfizer themselves said that the 2nd does was required within the timeframe they recommended.
Could be a load of wasted vaccines administered then at this point.

armaghniac

There is not enough vaccine at present, it is being distributed in the developed world where they are able to do it and the population is oldest. Production of vaccines will ramp up greatly and everyone can then get done. There is a production bottleneck but a lot of people are working on changing this.
One dose of the Pfizer vaccine may not be great, but other data in Israel shows that 2 doses are about as effective as could be.
https://www.ynetnews.com/health_science/article/H1jaK7mkd
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Franko

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 20, 2021, 04:48:44 PM
Quote from: mackers on January 20, 2021, 03:52:26 PM

I believe Pfizer themselves said that the 2nd does was required within the timeframe they recommended.
Could be a load of wasted vaccines administered then at this point.

British take something perfectly good, meddle with it a bit to suit their own ends and and f**k it up completely.

Surely not?