Have county managers become too powerful?

Started by Eamonnca1, September 10, 2013, 06:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: waterfordlad on September 12, 2013, 10:02:05 AM
There were a couple of good articles in Sunday Independent about club situation and Kildare. The clubs seemed to be fed up with fixtures situation and perceived overspending on county team and this showed in the vote against Kieran McGeeney.
Jimmy McGuinness trying to dictate how club championship is run in Donegal is not right and clubs should stand up for themselves there too.
I think Donegal are doing it the right way (assuming I'm understanding it correctly). McGuinness has outlined what he wants, and the clubs vote on whether its acceptable to give such prefence to the intercounty side over the club game in the county.

screenexile

The Ulster Championship has to be the biggest joke. Could the first round not be run over 1/2 weekends? With less games on TV there will be more people attending the games!

waterfordlad

I just read on my break that the Donegal clubs voted 20 to 6 in favour of McGuinness suggestion to postpone the senior and intermediate club championships until Donegal go out of championship. That's fair enough so that they had a vote on it.

boojangles

Quote from: waterfordlad on September 12, 2013, 11:22:30 AM
I just read on my break that the Donegal clubs voted 20 to 6 in favour of McGuinness suggestion to postpone the senior and intermediate club championships until Donegal go out of championship. That's fair enough so that they had a vote on it.

Are there only 26 clubs in Donegal?

waterfordlad

Quote from: boojangles on September 12, 2013, 11:33:07 AM

I don't know but maybe it was just senior and intermediate clubs who had a vote. That's what Irish Times said the result was anyway.

J70

Quote from: boojangles on September 12, 2013, 11:33:07 AM

Think its 38 or thereabouts. As someone else said, probably doesn't include junior.

muppet

Jimmy winning ballots!
MWWSI 2017