Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Seamas Heaney, Nobel prize winner.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

All of a Sludden

Quote from: armaghniac on August 30, 2013, 11:14:28 AM
Seamas Heaney, Nobel prize winner.

We were talking about Seamus at the weekend, didn't think we'd get news like this so soon.

May he Rest In Peace.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Shamrock Shore

Rest in Peace Seamus.

boojangles

Rois

Aw sad to hear that.
Mid Term Break will stay with me forever. 

balladmaker

RIP Seamus Heaney.

Requiem for the Croppies
The pockets of our greatcoats full of barley...
No kitchens on the run, no striking camp...
We moved quick and sudden in our own country.
The priest lay behind ditches with the tr**p.
A people hardly marching... on the hike...
We found new tactics happening each day:
We'd cut through reins and rider with the pike
And stampede cattle into infantry,
Then retreat through hedges where cavalry must be thrown.
Until... on Vinegar Hill... the final conclave.
Terraced thousands died, shaking scythes at cannon.
The hillside blushed, soaked in our broken wave.
They buried us without shroud or coffin
And in August... the barley grew up out of our grave.
Seamus Heaney

Don't know why the auto ** in the word tr**p.

Rufus T Firefly

Just a note to thank all my good friends on here for your kind words and expressions of sympathy at a very difficult time. Dad was worshipped in our family but it was still wonderful to hear so many kind words from so many people whose lives had been touched by Dad. I would also add that many of these messages came from GAA sources far and wide and were a great source of comfort to our family when most needed.

Thank you all.

Art

Dad (right) with his great friend Jack Bratton RIP in the Croke Park Hotel on the morning of our All Ireland Minor triumph in 2009.

AZOffaly

Sorry to hear of your loss Rufus.

ziggysego

Sorry to hear about your lost Rufus. Prayers are with your father tonight.
Testing Accessibility

Rufus T Firefly

Orior

My condolences Rufus to you and your family
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Dougal Maguire

Sorry about your loss Art. Your  late father was clearly a great person and a true Gael. RIP
Careful now

Count 10

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on August 30, 2013, 04:11:54 PM
Just a note to thank all my good friends on here for your kind words and expressions of sympathy at a very difficult time. Dad was worshipped in our family but it was still wonderful to hear so many kind words from so many people whose lives had been touched by Dad. I would also add that many of these messages came from GAA sources far and wide and were a great source of comfort to our family when most needed.

Thank you all.

Art

Dad (right) with his great friend Jack Bratton RIP in the Croke Park Hotel on the morning of our All Ireland Minor triumph in 2009.

Two All Time Greats....R.I.P.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 13, 2013, 12:46:36 PM
Jon Brookes drummer with The Charlatans has died aged 44.
this is the first time I read or heard anything about this. Stunned. I loved the charlatans back in my "Madchester" phase.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on August 30, 2013, 04:11:54 PM

Thank you all.

Art

Very sorry for your loss Rufus. I was speaking to Jack Bratton in the Croke Park Hotel that very morning, I more than likely spoke to your father as well.