NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 24, 2019, 04:48:30 PM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on February 24, 2019, 04:36:02 PM
Disappointing one point defeat in Tuam.  Should have taken a draw at least out of that game but a couple of black cards and inaccuracy early in the second half were our downfall.  I know we are missing a few key players but we are setting up too defensive, Kevin needs to trust his personnel more.  On to Castlebar we go next weekend.

Getting off to some very slow starts but that's what can happen when you are so defensive and passive and invite teams to attack you. Kerry were 5 or 6 points up before they decided to start playing a bit. Probably unlucky to not get a draw out of it in the end but you just want them to be a bit more proactive. The first instinct is to pass the ball sideways or even backwards and it's all coming from the management.
Agreed, it's very frustrating to watch.  Flynn's black came just after we went a point up and it proved very costly in the end. 

galwayman

Frustrating.
The amount of stupid turnovers that led directly to Kerry scores seconds later was something else.

MayoBuck

Galway a bit unlucky at the end there. Lyne should have been black carded when the scores were level. Blatant body check.

mrdeeds

Cavan were full value for win and probably should have won by more with over 15 wides and dropped a few short. Nice to beat the boogie team.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: galwayman on February 24, 2019, 05:13:39 PM
Frustrating.
The amount of stupid turnovers that led directly to Kerry scores seconds later was something else.

Didn't notice at the game but just saw the replay of the winner in injury time there. Took about 10 steps at one stage.

Main Street

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 24, 2019, 07:28:37 PM
Frustrating.

Didn't notice at the game but just saw the replay of the winner in injury time there. Took about 10 steps at one stage.
4 x10 steps I thought, but he pedaled faster than I could count.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Main Street on February 24, 2019, 07:30:11 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 24, 2019, 07:28:37 PM
Frustrating.

4 x10 steps I thought, but he pedaled faster than I could count.

He must have got away with it because they were only little ones.  ;D

Rossfan

Quote from: mrdeeds on February 24, 2019, 06:54:35 PM
Cavan were full value for win and probably should have won by more with over 15 wides and dropped a few short. Nice to beat the boogie team.
Didn't know our boys were dancers :D

Yeah Cavan on top from start to finish except may a few minutes after half time.
Only for that lorry load of wides we'd have been bet home by half time.
Someone said Cavan had 16 wides to our 3.
We were very flat today and lacked any cutting or intensity and some ill  discipline too.
One red but 2 other lads were lucky enough not to follow.
Goals we gave away were bad ones . The 2 second half ones wouldn't be scored if Lavin was there imo.
We're back in the relegation sh1te after that result but the performance was more worrying.
Still it's only Dublin next Sunday ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Main Street on February 24, 2019, 03:13:08 PM
Bad Day at Healy Park but despite the scoreboard discrepancy, a  low intensity mistake ridden performance, I thought there were a few bright notes for Monaghan. Plenty of improvement needed but not dead yet.
At least not as dead as the black card sin bin experiment.

Normal service in the process of being restored, keep calm and carry on :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

mrdeeds

Quote from: Rossfan on February 24, 2019, 07:42:34 PM

Yeah Cavan on top from start to finish except may a few minutes after half time.
We were very flat today and lacked any cutting or intensity and some I'll discipline too.
Goals we gave away were bad ones . The 2 second half ones wouldn't be scored if Lavin was there imo.
We're back in the relegation sh1te after that result but the performance was more worrying.

Ah sure you can't blame it on sunshine or moonlight.

Maroon Manc

Black cards cost Galway the match today, think Kerry scored 8 points whilst Galway were down to 14 whilst scoring 1 in return. Kerry really struggled when Galway had 15 on the pitch. Anyone any idea what McHugh's black card was for? Just before McHugh got one Crowley got a yellow for what looked like a deliberate trip which I thought was a black card offence? Then there was the clear black card Lynne should have got when the game was level for a deliberate collision with Heaney. Time and time again Stephen O'Brien overdoes it with the steps and gets away with it, has been doing it for years yets never ever gets pulled up on it.

McQuillan did Galway no favours but Galway certainly going to have to cope better with going a man down in future, that was a dreadul 8 minutes at the end of the first half when Kerry scored 5 points. Walsh very poor today, didn't look interested and his decision making was appalling. Bradshaw too, worst I've seen him play in a long long time. Cunningham & Cummins both made very positive impacts when they came on. O'Donnell showing signs of ageing too, never been the quickest but looks to have lost a bit of pace since last year.

edit: Just seen their 2nd to last score, how has McQuillan not noticed he's taken 16 steps.

Kerry a good few weeks ahead of Galway so can't be too disappointed but Galway were certainly a hard watch during the 1st half.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on February 24, 2019, 07:42:34 PM

We were very flat today and lacked any cutting or intensity and some ill  discipline too.

3-13 conceded and 16 wides to Cavan i can't even imagine what Dublin will score if the rossies defend as poorly. Fair play to Cavan impressive win and a little unlucky they didn't get something out of their 3 other games.

A hard earned away win for Kerry a case of who plays them in the final now?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 24, 2019, 08:05:06 PM

edit: Just seen their 2nd to last score, how has McQuillan not noticed he's taken 16 steps.

The enforcement of this specific fundamental rule by referees, and Mc Quillan is far from unique here, is generally atrocious. How refs of the 'highest standard' don't have that 5-steps/5-seconds rule running subconsciously at all times escapes me.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Duine Eile

What really struck me today was when Liam Silke came on and got his hands on the ball his instinct is go forward, support the man in possession and take responsibility for the attack if needed yet when he gave the pass to anyone today their first instinct was to turn sideways or back to give the next one, meanwhile Liam has gone forward waiting for the next pass to come his way which is what Corofin do and it never comes. This defensive crap is really gone too far now and our game management is shocking. That free on the half back line towards the end of the game when Lavelle came up to receive the kick, we lost possession and ended up with a Kerry point which levelled the game, the next point came from a kick out over the side line. Silly stuff that shouldn't happen at this level. Did McHugh's black card come after a tangle in around the goal when Daly scored the point after Duane dispossessed the keeper?

Gold

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 24, 2019, 09:10:50 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 24, 2019, 08:05:06 PM

The enforcement of this specific fundamental rule by referees, and Mc Quillan is far from unique here, is generally atrocious. How refs of the 'highest standard' don't have that 5-steps/5-seconds rule running subconsciously at all times escapes me.

At least 16. Ridiculous
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."