Players finally get their Grants

Started by boojangles, December 10, 2008, 06:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

All GPA members would have been notified today that the Grants will be in bank accounts in the next 2-5 working days! Well Done Dessie!!

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Owenmoresider

So the Government screws so many in the budget, but still lets Dessie and co. get their beloved grants. Marvellous. >:( >:( >:(

Rossfan

Aye indeed that €2.5m is vitally important in a budget of €50,000,000,000.

May I say I'm delighted for the lads getting some small token for all the hours put in, lost overtime,lost social life etc abuse from so called fans, bad mouthing by backwoods officials etc etc
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thebandit

Who pays the grant for the 6 counties, London and the U.S. (and Warwickshire in hurling too I suppose)?

Minder

Quote from: Rossfan on December 10, 2008, 09:26:30 PM
Aye indeed that €2.5m is vitally important in a budget of €50,000,000,000.

May I say I'm delighted for the lads getting some small token for all the hours put in, lost overtime,lost social life etc abuse from so called fans, bad mouthing by backwoods officials etc etc

If they feel they are not getting enough money at work they could pack the old football/hurling in.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ardal

Quote from: stiffler on December 10, 2008, 06:29:47 PM
Good timing for a christmas rip off

And non mafiosa members?

new devil

youngfella

Quote from: stiffler on December 10, 2008, 06:29:47 PM
Good timing for a christmas rip

Its team building, but having read the thread about county get togethers i duno!
Pull hard and early

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

phpearse

Interesting to note form the Tyrone County Report that each Tyrone squad player will get near £10,000 each from the county in travel expenses and holiday!!!

...and yet they also need a grant.

The GAA

Quote from: Owenmoresider on December 10, 2008, 07:28:47 PM
So the Government screws so many in the budget, but still lets Dessie and co. get their beloved grants. Marvellous. >:( >:( >:(

sums up perfectly the attitude of the naysayer.

Quote from: phpearse on December 11, 2008, 08:58:02 AM
Interesting to note form the Tyrone County Report that each Tyrone squad player will get near £10,000 each from the county in travel expenses and holiday!!!

...and yet they also need a grant.

You'd rather they were out of pocket playing the games?

Hardy

They're the people in the GAA who are least out of pocket due to their involvement in the games.

orangeman

I feel sorry for the Tyrone players - if they were in a lot of other counties, they'd get at least £30k instead of the measly £10k they are getting.

The GAA

Quote from: Hardy on December 11, 2008, 10:16:04 AM
They're the people in the GAA who are least out of pocket due to their involvement in the games.

that's irrelevent to the point.

if a player incurrs a level of expense preparing, training and playing the games, should he not be reimbursed?