Score of 2008

Started by Joxer, December 11, 2008, 09:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Aye it has to be Doohers, by a mile, great finish at an awkward angle...

Mike Sheehy

Young, and whoever attempted the first tackle, will be lucky to hold their places next year if thats their idea of what constitutes a tackle. A lot more agression and, dare I say it, a bit more cynicism was required.

deaconblue

as fine a point as doohers was , i think is been blown up a little here, to say he took 2 "hits" from the kerry lads is a bit ott,they were both weak challenges and dooher got a handy run at goal, a crucial point more than a great point in my opinion.
as in all years there  are any amount of great points and to pick one above the others is not possibly.

J70

Quote from: Onion Bag on December 11, 2008, 09:57:55 AM
Quote from: Joxer on December 11, 2008, 09:27:31 AM
Just watching couple of clips last night from the 2008 championship and there were some great pieces of skill and finishing in this year's championship.  What in your opinion was the best score in 2008?

For me, it was Doohers point against Kerry in the AI Final, it was a brilliant brilliant score!

Fantastic point, you will never see a score like it again

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-F7RhDFwsTE

Never again? ???

It was a very good score, but how many of those has someone like Ciaran Whelan scored? Christ, Stephen McDermott, a lad who threatened to possibly be a player for Donegal a few seasons back, scored several like that, including at least one goal, in his season or two as a Donegal regular. I thought i had missed some Canavanesque wizardry from an impossible angle or something! Let's not get carried away!

J70

Michael Murphy got a fine point in the Donegal V Derry game, ducking and weaving past two or three Derry defenders`with no space anywhere before slotting it over. Shades of McHugh's famous one in the '92 Ulster Final.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 12, 2008, 12:51:05 AM
Young, and whoever attempted the first tackle, will be lucky to hold their places next year if thats their idea of what constitutes a tackle. A lot more agression and, dare I say it, a bit more cynicism was required.

Quote from: deaconblue on December 12, 2008, 01:03:33 AM
as fine a point as doohers was , i think is been blown up a little here, to say he took 2 "hits" from the kerry lads is a bit ott,they were both weak challenges and dooher got a handy run at goal, a crucial point more than a great point in my opinion.

Yeah, have to agree. Can we have a harder tackling team in the next All-Ireland Football final please?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mike Sheehy

QuoteYeah, have to agree. Can we have a harder tackling team in the next All-Ireland Football final please?

...and when would that be exactly ?

Tyrones own

Quote...and when would that be exactly ?

.........The one that'll put you into hiding for another 3 months :'( .. :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Mike Sheehy

I've been on here plenty of times over the last 3 months. Where were you in 2006, 2007 ? ...hiding no doubt