Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

It's addons like Genesis I dont understand. They obviously require a lot of time and upkeep but i fail to see the reward. 

trueblue1234

Quote from: gallsman on June 13, 2017, 07:46:06 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 13, 2017, 06:25:32 PM
Quote from: gallsman on June 13, 2017, 05:36:47 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 13, 2017, 05:14:52 PM
I see Kodi are under pressure again. Phoenix been shut down as part of a law suit. Will this be the start of a real clamp down?

Kodi is an open source media player. Nothing more. No pressure on it at all.

It's the sources that are bring clamped down on.

Yes, I understand. Hence three fact I pointed out that "Kodi are under pressure again" is nonsense.
Indeed, thanks awfully for clarifying. It's greatly appreciated.
Anyway is it likely more sources will start following suit?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

FL/MAYO

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 13, 2017, 05:26:44 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on June 09, 2017, 03:57:47 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 09, 2017, 10:08:44 AM
I use Team ExPat. So far it's very good.
AZ, are the Irish and UK channels on Team Expat? I have Ultimate mania but I might get the second subscription for the GAA as a backup for the summer.

Sky Channels, RTE Channels, BBC all on there. Not sure about ITV etc.

I used Flawless IPTV over the weekend, got the $2 two days subscription, have to say it was excellent. GAAGO had a nightmare during Mayo/ Galway game, I wouldn't rely on it for big games again.

Boycey

Quote from: lurganblue on June 14, 2017, 11:58:24 AM
It's addons like Genesis I dont understand. They obviously require a lot of time and upkeep but i fail to see the reward.

It's a bit like the quote attributed to Mallory "Why did you climb Mount Everest? Because it was there"
Some of these guys do it cause they can, two fingers to the establishment if you like.

JohnDenver

Quote from: FL/MAYO on June 14, 2017, 01:05:49 PM
AZ, are the Irish and UK channels on Team Expat? I have Ultimate mania but I might get the second subscription for the GAA as a backup for the summer.

I used Flawless IPTV over the weekend, got the $2 two days subscription, have to say it was excellent. GAAGO had a nightmare during Mayo/ Galway game, I wouldn't rely on it for big games again.

Im almost sure I saw over the weekend that sportsmania have managed to source GAAGO and it will be on their channels from here on it.

laoislad

Quote from: JohnDenver on June 14, 2017, 06:16:00 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on June 14, 2017, 01:05:49 PM

Im almost sure I saw over the weekend that sportsmania have managed to source GAAGO and it will be on their channels from here on it.
Sportsmania have a new menu option just for Gaelic Games.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dougal Maguire

Any suggestions as to what is the best box for IPTV. I've got an Openbox V8S but thinking of changing. Want something that's easy to record on and has menus as close to the standard satellite providers as possible. Got a 24hr trial on a Firestick which wasn't bad but was a bit fiddly, might suffice for a second TV in a multiroom set up.
Careful now

Taylor

Looking to go for IPTV and the guy has said I can download an app on Smart TV and put it through there or I can buy a box from him and he can download it on that.

Any ideas which is best?

Boycey

in response to the 2 previous posts. I've been messing around with IPTV for about 3 weeks now and the provider I got gave me simple instructions for all devices (enigma2, android, mag, web browser, ios and smart tv) and told me I could use whichever I liked as long as I only used one device a time a bit like Sportsmania.

Thus far my zgemma wins hands down for functionality and quality of picture (superb), epg, recording etc. The smart tv option is by far the simplest (no boxes or wires obviously) and still miles ahead of anything you would have got with the cardsharing boxes but the EPG is a bit more basic. I've also just been running the smart tv off wifi rather than hardwired with no problems. The android app works ok but was a bit slow I thought..

Taylor

Quote from: Boycey on June 20, 2017, 11:05:01 AM
in response to the 2 previous posts. I've been messing around with IPTV for about 3 weeks now and the provider I got gave me simple instructions for all devices (enigma2, android, mag, web browser, ios and smart tv) and told me I could use whichever I liked as long as I only used one device a time a bit like Sportsmania.

Thus far my zgemma wins hands down for functionality and quality of picture (superb), epg, recording etc. The smart tv option is by far the simplest (no boxes or wires obviously) and still miles ahead of anything you would have got with the cardsharing boxes but the EPG is a bit more basic. I've also just been running the smart tv off wifi rather than hardwired with no problems. The android app works ok but was a bit slow I thought..

Thanks Boycey.

EPG is?

The guy is looking £90 for the year to tun IPTV through the app

Boycey

Electronic programme guide, your channel menu basically..

£90 wouldn't be that far out of line, I'm seeing prices from £50 up. If he's a lad local to you hes probably buying it off someone else and adding his own few quid on the top for himself for his own time..

Dougal Maguire

Thanks for that Boyce. If IPTV is going to last then I think l might go for the Zgemma. SatsNI in Cookstown offering Zgemma and 12 months sub for £180 or thereabouts   I've a Panasonic Vieta Smart TV with the latest BT home hub but it's not connecting to the Internet any more. Using an Ethernet cable but it won't connect. Any suggestions there?
Careful now

laoislad

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on June 20, 2017, 12:11:11 PM
Thanks for that Boyce. If IPTV is going to last then I think l might go for the Zgemma. SatsNI in Cookstown offering Zgemma and 12 months sub for £180 or thereabouts   I've a Panasonic Vieta Smart TV with the latest BT home hub but it's not connecting to the Internet any more. Using an Ethernet cable but it won't connect. Any suggestions there?
Did you replace the cable?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Quote from: laoislad on June 20, 2017, 12:21:08 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on June 20, 2017, 12:11:11 PM
Did you replace the cable?

Does it connect wirelessly? If it does then Laoislad is probably right you should try changing your lead.

Dougal Maguire

Cable is fine because it had been feeding the Openbox. It's one of the ones that works through the electric sockets. Also bought a Panasonic dongle but it won't work either. I think it's a common problem
Careful now