Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe

Boycey, as you are my go-to guy............

What's the differences between IPTV and the likes of SportsMania on Kodi?

Do you need a really good broadband speed in order to enjoy IPTV?

Boycey

I'm definitely not an expert when it comes to IPTV. I'm hoping it can replicate Sky in some form. My Sportsmania sub is essential as is kodi but I use them in an 'event driven' way if there's a match or series on I  want to watch I find it and view. I really like though being able to channel hop and surf on a Sky type platform.

imtommygunn

I would say you are less likely to need good broadband for iptv. It uses adaptive technologies which basically mean poor broadband just means lower quality stream. Kodi from what i can gather is constant meaning poor broadband poor download rates.

Smokin Joe

I totally agree Boycey, the Sky platform with the planner and recording function is essential.

That is promising news Tommy.  Sportsmania plays fine for me on Kodi; so on that basis hopefully the IPTV would be a real option for me too.
Having just learnt about cardsharing 6 months ago it looks like it's time to learn something different!!

paddyjohn

The guy who done my box told me tonight that they are done. Defo the end of them and it won't be a quick fix, possibly a fix at some point but it could be expensive.

MoChara

Sportsmania is an IPTV, I have a different IPTV subscription think it costs me about 25 quid for 3 months. My Broadband Speed is alright nothing special and it seems to work 100 % bang on all sports HD channels with all Box Office etc I couldn't be happier with it.

Theres an EPG on it as well if you like your channel hopping, does Sportsmania not come with the programmer?

Smokin Joe

MoChara, the difference is that SportsMania is only really for watching live sport.

Whereas I think the thing with "proper" IPTV is that it works pretty much the way Sky does where you can get the movie channels, the Kids channels and all the silly Kardashian type channels also.

I presume your IPTV sub works this way?

nrico2006

I have IPTV player on the zgemma - is there anyway of watching the like of sky sports box office through it?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Smokin Joe

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 26, 2017, 09:23:55 AM
I have IPTV player on the zgemma - is there anyway of watching the like of sky sports box office through it?

There appears to be, although I think you need a slightly different setup.  You need to get an IPTV sub, and from reading on the excellent techkings forum there is a bit of set up required.

I'm just waiting for Boycey to make the leap and then he can educate us  ;)

FermGael

UltimateMania is run by the same crowd that does Sportsmania but does the rest of the channels as well plus the Sport. £75 for the year and the quality is great as long as you have good broadband.  The 1080p streams for the Sport are excellent at the moment. I run it through the Amazon FireTV and absolutely no bother.

As for as TV guide, the only one that works seems to be OnTapp but its a bit of a pain and I have never bothered to set it up. 

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

MoChara

Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 26, 2017, 08:47:54 AM
MoChara, the difference is that SportsMania is only really for watching live sport.

Whereas I think the thing with "proper" IPTV is that it works pretty much the way Sky does where you can get the movie channels, the Kids channels and all the silly Kardashian type channels also.

Yeah mine works like that. does Sportsmania only let you select events rather than channels?

gallsman

No, with SM you can do either - watch a live channel or select by event.

johnneycool

Quote from: gallsman on April 26, 2017, 11:01:00 AM
No, with SM you can do either - watch a live channel or select by event.

Have Sports Mania stopped taking new subscriptions?

AZOffaly

My IPTV sub works this way. Sports, Movies, American Channels, Sky Channels etc...

€25 for 3 months.

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 26, 2017, 11:05:22 AM

My IPTV sub works this way. Sports, Movies, American Channels, Sky Channels etc...

€25 for 3 months.

Is this IPTV you talk off an app of some description?

It is also a generic term for TV source over the interweb.