Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Quote from: gallsman on April 15, 2016, 04:18:47 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on April 15, 2016, 03:54:23 PM
For buffer free sports I would advise anyone to sign up for Sportsmania.

26 quid for 6 months is what I have and any sports you would want are there!

Jaysus, you've farily abandoned your softly softly approach!

Lol. Why , what did I say before?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Gaffer

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on April 15, 2016, 04:25:00 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on April 15, 2016, 03:54:23 PM
For buffer free sports I would advise anyone to sign up for Sportsmania.

26 quid for 6 months is what I have and any sports you would want are there!

The whole point of Kodi and an android box is not to pay for events  ;) ;)

Says who?  Watching all the sports I require in one add on with no buffering on high demand sports eg PPV sports, and no searching about for add ons which are not buffering at that particular time is well worth the £4.50 per month/ 15p per day!!!! 

Over the Bar

If you want HD quality go for the Openbox.  About 70-90 quid on eBay and no more than £10-£15 per year thereafter.  PM me if you want a link.  Superb.

WT4E

Quote from: gallsman on April 15, 2016, 12:25:35 PM
Quote from: WT4E on April 15, 2016, 11:44:42 AM
Just an update lads - Getting closer and closer!!!

I have successfully reset the firestick and then worked my way through setting up kodi again from some of your kind suggestions above however I spent a lot of time trying to add on some stuff but couldn't get any of the stuff I wanted TV shows and movies.

Anyone got any links to good instructions of how to do this or good addons they use?

Look up Exodus on SEO Michael. If you have Kodi already set up, all you need is your fire tv remote. Follow the step by step instructions exactly. It should take no more than five mins.

Works perfect thanks buddy!  ;D

Gaffer

Can't get Eddie the Eagle on it as yet!!!

gallsman

Having quite a bit of trouble with Exodus recently where there's a lot of buffering. Occasionally get a message saying "Cache filled before reaching required amount for playback".

Anyone know of a fix?

Geoff Tipps

Tried clearing the cache?

gallsman

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on June 08, 2016, 10:35:11 PM
Tried clearing the cache?

I've cleared the Kodi application cache any number of times - it's only about 60mb and it's on a new Fire TV so there should be more than enough memory for it. Have been trying to figure out about whether the add-on had its own cache?

I've only a few add-ons installed and its holding approx 1GB in data. I've a Fire sick with the same applications holding about 20mb in data.

lurganblue

purge packages? i know the likes of exodus will save all the wee thumbnails as they appear so it does eventually fill up.

Boycey

I have to set up an android box for someone this evening. I don't usually put builds on them myself as I think they slow the whole thing down, this person however won't be able to navigate around without a build on it so what are people using at the minute? It changes so often I don't want to put something on for them that is now nearly obsolete.

Over the Bar

For most stable builds and best repositories I'd recommend Raybans and Fedora on YouTube.  Easy to follow and only recommends the best of what's out there. 

Link

anyone know a good kodi addon for RTE 1 and 2?

lurganblue

Quote from: Boycey on June 20, 2016, 12:39:41 PM
I have to set up an android box for someone this evening. I don't usually put builds on them myself as I think they slow the whole thing down, this person however won't be able to navigate around without a build on it so what are people using at the minute? It changes so often I don't want to put something on for them that is now nearly obsolete.

I still use the beast build at the minute and i dont really have any major complaints.  He has loaded a few paid sub addons to the build in the hope you will join i suppose but apart from that, everything you need is there in a decent layout.

heffo

What are people using for Sports these days? Couldn't get a working link earlier for Celtic v Astana

JoG2

Quote from: heffo on July 27, 2016, 08:38:53 PM
What are people using for Sports these days? Couldn't get a working link earlier for Celtic v Astana

Got it on Sports Devil / Live Sports / livefootballvideo.