Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Quote from: gallsman on April 12, 2016, 03:03:35 PM
Quote from: WT4E on April 12, 2016, 02:50:37 PM
Thanks for the info.

I remember you tubing it a while ago and thinking this is a bit too complicated for me but I'll try it again tonight and see how i get on.

Look up SEO Michael. If you know how to read and use a remote control, you can do it. It's not difficult.

Thanks John - I have a reading age of 14 so I'm competent enough!  :D

loughshore lad

Anyone on here any experience of running Kodi or IPTV on a Sony TV with android built in?

WT4E

Lads felt really proud of myself last night and updated to the latest version of Kodi by watching youtube video only to realise that the same problem I have is still there even with new update.

What happens is - I launch kodi app have a look around for something then within a minute the app fails/crashes and takes me back to the fire stick home screen.

Anyone any ideas or links to youtube videos to fix this problem. Thanks

lurganblue

Quote from: WT4E on April 13, 2016, 09:28:10 AM
Lads felt really proud of myself last night and updated to the latest version of Kodi by watching youtube video only to realise that the same problem I have is still there even with new update.

What happens is - I launch kodi app have a look around for something then within a minute the app fails/crashes and takes me back to the fire stick home screen.

Is it Kodi 16, Jarvis? Usually when i launch it for it's "first run" i leave it for a few mins as it usually applies some updates automatically.  It occassionally did get snagged doing these and would crash.  I never found it a major problem though so i dont really have a solution unfortunately.  Before launching it again, make sure you "force stop" maybe?

take_yer_points

Mine started playing up a while back, I had the beast build on it. I tried installing a new build (can't remember which one) but it still kept crashing. So I restored the firestick to factory default (there's an option in the System menu) and then reinstalled Kodi with the Nemesis build. It's now working better than ever

WT4E

Quote from: laoislad on April 13, 2016, 11:01:12 AM
My advice is throw out the firestick and get a proper Android TV box or dongle.
The firestick is very user unfriendly for running the likes of Kodi imo.

I'm too tight to do that!!!  ;D

WT4E

Quote from: take_yer_points on April 13, 2016, 10:21:23 AM

Mine started playing up a while back, I had the beast build on it. I tried installing a new build (can't remember which one) but it still kept crashing. So I restored the firestick to factory default (there's an option in the System menu) and then reinstalled Kodi with the Nemesis build. It's now working better than ever

Thanks I'll try thats

lurganblue

I recently had to update one of them mx8 (or something like that) boxes as a friend had bought it off amazon and nothing really worked on it.  I found it more difficult to use than the firesticks and the remote with it would do your head in.  The loud clicks would wake the dead

Bmac88

Quote from: lurganblue on April 13, 2016, 12:46:44 PM

I recently had to update one of them mx8 (or something like that) boxes as a friend had bought it off amazon and nothing really worked on it.  I found it more difficult to use than the firesticks and the remote with it would do your head in.  The loud clicks would wake the dead

I've never used the remote that came with the box. Get yourself a wireless mouse - can pick them up for about 15quid or less! Much easier to navigate through kodi I find

I'm currently running the wookie build - grand job!

WT4E

Just an update lads - Getting closer and closer!!!

I have successfully reset the firestick and then worked my way through setting up kodi again from some of your kind suggestions above however I spent a lot of time trying to add on some stuff but couldn't get any of the stuff I wanted TV shows and movies.

Anyone got any links to good instructions of how to do this or good addons they use?

gallsman

Quote from: WT4E on April 15, 2016, 11:44:42 AM
Just an update lads - Getting closer and closer!!!

I have successfully reset the firestick and then worked my way through setting up kodi again from some of your kind suggestions above however I spent a lot of time trying to add on some stuff but couldn't get any of the stuff I wanted TV shows and movies.

Anyone got any links to good instructions of how to do this or good addons they use?

Look up Exodus on SEO Michael. If you have Kodi already set up, all you need is your fire tv remote. Follow the step by step instructions exactly. It should take no more than five mins.

Gaffer

For buffer free sports I would advise anyone to sign up for Sportsmania.

26 quid for 6 months is what I have and any sports you would want are there!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

gallsman

Quote from: Gaffer on April 15, 2016, 03:54:23 PM

Jaysus, you've farily abandoned your softly softly approach!

Tyrone Gaa

The whole point of Kodi and an android box is not to pay for events  ;) ;)
Living the dream!!!

Boycey

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on April 15, 2016, 04:25:00 PM

The whole point of Kodi and an android box is not to pay for events  ;) ;)

I stuck with this mantra for a long long time but finally relented some months back and took out a sub and haven't regretted for one second. Its worth it for the quality of streams and ease of use alone.

Its true that most stuff can be found free but there'll always be that one day where nothing feckin works or you can only watch with Ukrainian commentary or more more likely the add-on you use becomes obsolete..