Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

I don't think his race with Celtic is run yet.Brendan will not be at Celtic Park for a long time.It is clear from the book that he sees the chance of rehabilitation here after Liverpool,and you sense he desperately wants to prove himself on the European stage.

I can see Lennon,like big Jock,moving back to Celtic Park.The question is,will he, or indeed any other future Celtic manager get the autonomy and spending power that Brendan enjoys.

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on August 12, 2017, 11:51:17 PM
I don't think his race with Celtic is run yet.Brendan will not be at Celtic Park for a long time.It is clear from the book that he sees the chance of rehabilitation here after Liverpool,and you sense he desperately wants to prove himself on the European stage.

I can see Lennon,like big Jock,moving back to Celtic Park.The question is,will he, or indeed any other future Celtic manager get the autonomy and spending power that Brendan enjoys.

In the case of Lennon, absolutely! All he did was win wit Celtic and I wouldlove to see him back some day, he is an excellent manager.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

red hander

Quote from: Hectic on August 12, 2017, 07:58:04 PM
Just glad Neil went there, faced up to his haters and came away with a smile.

They're such sensitive souls, the zombies. Whining about NL celebrating the win in front of them, after all the abuse he was getting  ::). The same clowns were lapping up Laugh-erty giving the Celtic fans the finger when he was substituted last week ... absolute thick loyalist scummery

stew

Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 12, 2017, 07:53:15 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 12, 2017, 07:23:52 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 12, 2017, 05:19:14 PM
Brilliant result for Neil Lennon and his Hibs team at Ibrox today.Going to be massive game when he takes Hibs to Celtic Park.

Great result for Hibs and Lennon. It's early days but Hibs are well capable of challenging Aberdeen for 2nd place.
Few ex Celts also on the Hibs team today - Ambrose, Stokes and McGeouch.

You both strangely forgot to mention that Rangers played most of the game with 10 men!  ::)

And your point is?

Not hibs fault that clown got sent off, they were by far the better team anyway.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Hectic

I see Neil has hurt some psychopaths feelings - ah well, like tying a scarf to a goal post, cupping your ears is hardly the worst reaction to 90 mins+ of bile.

That said I read the club 1872 (no laughing at the back) statement last night and my reaction was 'wow'.

Main Street

Quote from: Hectic on August 14, 2017, 11:31:23 AM
I see Neil has hurt some psychopaths feelings - ah well, like tying a scarf to a goal post, cupping your ears is hardly the worst reaction to 90 mins+ of bile.

That said I read the club 1872 (no laughing at the back) statement last night and my reaction was 'wow'.
The "we are the peoples" leader Pedro said "I listened to the other manager speaking to the fourth official.
The way he goes, that allows me to go the same way if I want, but I don't have the same principles, education or point of view."
;D
what a clown Pedro is, he's made for Ibrox.

bennydorano

Watched Sportscene last night and was sniggering away. Lenny knows how to push their buttons, but the over reactions are comical.

6th sam

Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2017, 01:09:12 PM
Watched Sportscene last night and was sniggering away. Lenny knows how to push their buttons, but the over reactions are comical.
Probably More than anyone in the public eye, Neil has been on the receiving end of unprovoked sectarian abuse, in various forms , and it's easy to see how he feels aggrieved. However he is in a position of responsibility and is no doubt paid relatively handsomely. No doubt he was subject to the usual antagonism and abuse from fans on Saturday past but it is incumbent on anyone in his position not to provocatively cup his ears and gesture inappropriately.
Having defended Neil in the face of appalling antagonism over many years, I won't be defending the indefensible here.
Given what he has been on the receiving end of himself, it was a fairly minor indiscretion, but criticism of it is hardly an over-reaction. If Brendan Rodgers , for example, or any high profile manager or player from any sport conducted themselves like that , they would be rightly criticised.

ashman

Lennon is a good sort .  Soccer fans think they can abuse players and managers all day and then when there is a bit of bants back they scream like snowflakes .

Soccer fans are largely clowns .

Hectic

Yeah he would be far better taking all their shite, all the intimidation, all the stuff they vent onto him to deal with their own insecurities and using it to remind himself not to make eye contact, keep the head down, do not celebrate his team goals.

In fact when he is likely to be facing that he would be better taking the day off and letting the assistant take the team. The last thing he wants to be doing is show any sort of defiance against the like of what wishes to make his life hell.

If he had not acted in that way they would no doubt have warmed to him and started to lay off him.

bennydorano

The faux outrage is ridiculous. Just bend over there Neil sure and make it easier.

ned

"Provocatively cupping his ears". You can't get worse than that. He should be banned for life from football. No, in fact,  he should be locked away for life in case he does it again.

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: 6th sam on August 14, 2017, 09:30:51 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2017, 01:09:12 PM
Probably More than anyone in the public eye, Neil has been on the receiving end of unprovoked sectarian abuse, in various forms , and it's easy to see how he feels aggrieved. However he is in a position of responsibility and is no doubt paid relatively handsomely. No doubt he was subject to the usual antagonism and abuse from fans on Saturday past but it is incumbent on anyone in his position not to provocatively cup his ears and gesture inappropriately.
Having defended Neil in the face of appalling antagonism over many years, I won't be defending the indefensible here.
Given what he has been on the receiving end of himself, it was a fairly minor indiscretion, but criticism of it is hardly an over-reaction. If Brendan Rodgers , for example, or any high profile manager or player from any sport conducted themselves like that , they would be rightly criticised.

What an absolute dick

6th sam

Quote from: ned on August 15, 2017, 07:39:08 AM
"Provocatively cupping his ears". You can't get worse than that. He should be banned for life from football. No, in fact,  he should be locked away for life in case he does it again.

Soccer at the highest levels stirs passion among supporters unrivalled in most sports. In Scotland, you can throw in the sectarian element for good measure. These stadiums are cauldrons, stirred up by fuelled up thugs who thrive on hatred and controversy. What sets Neil apart in that he is paid handsomely , and rules dictate that he should try to rise above that. He is in the position of a role model.
If Mickey Harte turned round to Armagh fans after Raymond Mulgrew scored last week, or Alex Ferguson turned round to Liverpool fans after Roy Keane scored years ago, and cupped their ears and gestured inappropriately, they'd be roundly  criticised. As already stated, no other high profile sports personality has had to endure the sectarian abuse Neil has had to stomach over several years. Whereas, he seems to have put that to one side by apparently supporting the Northern Ireland soccer team as a TV pundit last year ( I can't understand this apparent NI affiliation, given his experiences)  , but in the case of last weekend, he slipped up.  Many, not myself included, willnow  be more than happy to get the boot into Neil, and I've no doubt that on reflection, he'll be regretting his actions.
Does he deserve  severe sanction? , No. Is he beyond reproach? No.

Hectic

Ferguson etc might be criticized for such an action alright but none of them has had to endure what Neil Lennon has had to endure.  He was attacked in the street by two Ibrox season ticket holders who were passed down sentences FFS.  Yet even in this instance it was being portrayed as he brings this sort of stuff onto himself. 

You have to remember he was inciting those supporters on Saturday by his mere presence there.  One of the complaints was about him celebrating a goal along with the complaint about cupping his ears. 

I remember when Cantona went into the crowd - maybe a better comparison in terms of serious provocation but a much much much stronger reaction - at that time I felt I could understand why Cantona reacted in the way he did even though he was being paid handsomely. 

At the end of the day Lennon was getting serious verbal abuse after years of serious verbal and physical abuse.  If he wants to cup his ears to say yeah give me all you have got because you know what you will not put me down then too bad if those in the same stand find that to be unpalatable.