Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: GJL on April 23, 2017, 03:27:09 PM
Two men who spent most of the season on the bench score the goals. Will the Ibra injury prove to be a blessing in disguise?
Losing your top scorer and a big leader in the side is never a blessing in disguise. Played Burnley today and they offered nothing. Away to Arsenal,Spurs and Man City is where Ibra,Rojo,Mata will be missed the most.

yellowcard

Quote from: GJL on April 23, 2017, 03:27:09 PM
Two men who spent most of the season on the bench score the goals. Will the Ibra injury prove to be a blessing in disguise?

I've always maintained that he was holding the team back since the play was structured in such a way so as to suit Ibra. You can't knock his goal record but the build up play was often slow with too many crosses from deep positions. Without him in the side it frees up other more creative players in the side. Great day for Utd with Liverpool beat and City demoralised after an extra time defeat. United are the best side in England at present with 23 games unbeaten and a win against City during the week should cement a top 4 position.

GJL

Super Sunday indeed.  ;D

StGallsGAA

Quote from: GJL on April 23, 2017, 06:53:43 PM
Super Sunday indeed.  ;D

While 4th place is as good as beyond United, it was great to watch Sourness almost vomiting as he had to commentate on both a United win and Liverpool loss on the same day Rangers get humiliated.  💪🏽💪🏻💪🏿

GJL

Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 23, 2017, 07:25:02 PM
Super Sunday indeed.  ;D

While 4th place is as good as beyond United, it was great to watch Sourness almost vomiting as he had to commentate on both a United win and Liverpool loss on the same day Rangers get humiliated.  💪🏽💪🏻💪🏿

4th place is far from gone. If Utd can beat City it is def on. Still think the Europa is the more likely route but after today's results there are 2 options available.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: GJL on April 23, 2017, 07:29:55 PM
Super Sunday indeed.  ;D

4th place is far from gone. If Utd can beat City it is def on. Still think the Europa is the more likely route but after today's results there are 2 options available.

Realistically need to win all the remaining five games, against City, Spurs and Arsenal plus Swansea who will need all the points they can get. Very difficult.

Milltown Row2

Yeah as good a Sunday that was results wise for Utd they'd still need other teams to feck up, but should Utd nick one of the spots that be nuts
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

StGallsGAA

Quote from: GJL on April 23, 2017, 07:29:55 PM
Super Sunday indeed.  ;D

City is just one game of 5 tho. They need to win the other 4 which includes away to Spurs and Arsenal to get 4th place plus they have 3 x Europa League games to contend with, not to mention an injury list the length of a Merseyside dole queue.    4th is as close to Mission Impossible as it gets.   

It might be a blessing in disguise if they lost to City so they can rest players for the remaining league fixtures to focus on Europa league. 

GJL

With Utd winning the last 2 league games Thursday night has now become a massive game. I would like to see both Rashford and Martial start and Rooney on the bench. Let the young boys at it and test the city defence with out and out speed.

NAG1

Quote from: GJL on April 24, 2017, 07:06:02 PM
With Utd winning the last 2 league games Thursday night has now become a massive game. I would like to see both Rashford and Martial start and Rooney on the bench. Let the young boys at it and test the city defence with out and out speed.

I would hope that would be the approach I think it worked well with Rashford and Lingard against Chelsea so why not.

I see the chat now is that Ibra will move on and wont be offered a new contract, I think it is a shame because of the massive impact he has had this year but also could free up a move for another younger more mobile striker and give Rashford more of a chance.

Also shows (if true) that football can be fickle too, two weeks ago he could have signed again for United or a host of other top clubs and now he will probably have to wait to come back from this injury and then look for a club.

Megaman

He has to go with Rashford up front. I think Utd have a good chance of Top 4 now, but with the games the have left im not sure if they will get it. Europa still priority.

Feel really sorry for Ibra, very sad way for him to go out (if it is), was always a fan of his

I think griezmann will definitely come in especially if Utd make the CL.

GJL

Hopefully a goal scorer can be bought that can score regularly. If one can be found then Utd are not far away from a title challenge as they are already an extremely difficult team to beat. Basically need to turn most of the draws into wins.

Taylor

Football is a business so fail to see how anyone can be surprised by an injured man not having his contract renewed.

Man U have history in having no issue disposnig of players irrespective of what they have achieved. Many achieved a lot more than Ibra has and still got the boot.
Keane? Beckham? Stam?

NAG1

Quote from: Taylor on April 25, 2017, 12:13:21 PM
Football is a business so fail to see how anyone can be surprised by an injured man not having his contract renewed.

Man U have history in having no issue disposnig of players irrespective of what they have achieved. Many achieved a lot more than Ibra has and still got the boot.
Keane? Beckham? Stam?

Dont think anyone was expressing surprise at this, more a lament that it has ended this way at the club for the player himself.

All three of the players mentioned would still be highly regarded by Man Utd fans.

yellowcard

Thursday is huge now. Win it and I think we will effectively seal 4th spot with a decent chance of even getting 3rd. A draw would not be the worst result away from home and keeps us in touch whilst a defeat will leave us as outsiders in the race. I too hope that he goes with Marial and Rashford in the side, we are in a position where playing for a draw is not really building on recent momentum gained.

As far as Ibra is concerned, I would prefer if he moved on as Mourinho will continue to play him when fit and I think it has inhibited some of the younger players.