Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 26, 2018, 01:42:38 PM
There's probably only 3 positions up for grabs in United's best 11.

De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Jones, Matic, Pogba, Lukaku & Sanchez are the 8 who are certs. Martial on form is ahead of Rashford and I'd say Young is ahead of Shaw. I reckon in the really big games he'll start Herrera in the middle too, a lot of this depends on Sanchez been able to perform from the wide right position which there's no guarantees.

Angel Gomes has traveled with the squad tonight, lets hope he gets on at some stage.

Spot on. Thought Herrera looked a bit better last night though it was against Yeovil so hard to read too much into it. I think you need him or Carrick in beside Matic and play Pogba further forward. I was very unhappy at Rashford and Martial being rotated (wanted to see more of them together) before Sanchez arrived but now it's necessary. Both are going to be stars in my view.....hopefully it's at United. Who will play the right attacking slot will be interesting, Sanchez almost exclusively played from the left last night.

Gomes had a nice cameo when he came in. Good to see.

Overall I'm just over the moon about Sanchez. Again...Yeovil....but his feet are so quick and the workrate is first class, Pogba take note. To me this could be a level jumping transfer for United. Credit to Woodward and co for once it must be said....would have been a sin to let him go to City and only play half the time.

What's the story on Ibrahimovic?

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 27, 2018, 01:19:04 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 26, 2018, 01:42:38 PM
There's probably only 3 positions up for grabs in United's best 11.

De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Jones, Matic, Pogba, Lukaku & Sanchez are the 8 who are certs. Martial on form is ahead of Rashford and I'd say Young is ahead of Shaw. I reckon in the really big games he'll start Herrera in the middle too, a lot of this depends on Sanchez been able to perform from the wide right position which there's no guarantees.

Angel Gomes has traveled with the squad tonight, lets hope he gets on at some stage.

Spot on. Thought Herrera looked a bit better last night though it was against Yeovil so hard to read too much into it. I think you need him or Carrick in beside Matic and play Pogba further forward. I was very unhappy at Rashford and Martial being rotated (wanted to see more of them together) before Sanchez arrived but now it's necessary. Both are going to be stars in my view.....hopefully it's at United. Who will play the right attacking slot will be interesting, Sanchez almost exclusively played from the left last night.

Gomes had a nice cameo when he came in. Good to see.

Overall I'm just over the moon about Sanchez. Again...Yeovil....but his feet are so quick and the workrate is first class, Pogba take note. To me this could be a level jumping transfer for United. Credit to Woodward and co for once it must be said....would have been a sin to let him go to City and only play half the time.

What's the story on Ibrahimovic?

Ibra is crocked again.

That Gomes kid is going to be world class, I have watched him since he was a pup and he is a tremendous prospect altogether.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Maroon Manc

Sanchez will make a huge difference, looking forward to seeing more of him.

As for Gomes he's very very special, the best youngster I've seen at OT in the last 20 years. I've seen quite a lot of him and just wish he'd take more players on like he did on Friday, doesn't do that enough with his quick feet.  Technically he's so gifted but given his size he's probably going to have to weight a bit longer to become a first team regular. I do think he'll fill out but it will take time, if he was a bit taller and more physically developed like Foden at City we'd have seen more of him.

magpie seanie

magpie seanie

Holy f**k. Goal lost after 11 seconds to a planned move.

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 31, 2018, 08:03:51 PM

How do you concede after 11 seconds? I'm almost jealous that Liverpool haven't managed that yet! A new target to aim for.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 31, 2018, 08:22:48 PM

How do you concede after 11 seconds? I'm almost jealous that Liverpool haven't managed that yet! A new target to aim for.

I'd stick to trying to aim for winning the league
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2018, 08:25:15 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 31, 2018, 08:22:48 PM

I'd stick to trying to aim for winning the league

Conceding in 11 seconds is more realistic.

Cunny Funt

As shown on BT Sports a goal that should not have stood.

Captain Obvious

OG Jones! Spurs have all the breaks tonight.

magpie seanie

Breaks my hole. That was self inflicted, needed to use his left foot.

screenexile

Captain Obvious

The opposition scoring for you is a break as was the first goal that should have been disallowed. Tottenham currently with 2 shots on target and find themselves 2-0 in front...

screenexile

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 31, 2018, 08:38:30 PM
The opposition scoring for you is a break as was the first goal that should have been disallowed. Tottenham currently with 2 shots on target and find themselves 2-0 in front...

But Spurs should have had a penalty . . . these things even themselves out!!

Also Spurs have played Utd completely off the park or have you been watching a different game?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on January 31, 2018, 08:48:53 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 31, 2018, 08:38:30 PM

But Spurs should have had a penalty . . . these things even themselves out!!

Also Spurs have played Utd completely off the park or have you been watching a different game?

I'm glad you're back,  after winning  5 games on the trot I thought you'd left the board!

Back spurs tonight as they have managed to play like a team, Utd have not, Jose does not know his best team, what is evident is the centre half's are rubbish, Jones included, he's never been a Bruce Pallister, Vidic or a Rio !!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea