Games that your county should never have won.

Started by From the Bunker, August 20, 2018, 01:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Connacht final 1997 Mayo v Sligo! Referee gives one minute extra time! Sligo had us on the rack. Would have lost if the proper injury time was given.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

AQMP

I don't think this has ever happened to Antrim!

The Subbie

2005 Div 2 league final v Meath without a doubt!

Insane Bolt

Armagh beating Fermanagh 1993 preliminary round replay......daylight robbery😎

Jinxy

Quote from: The Subbie on August 20, 2018, 09:59:42 AM

I think Down were playing that day as well, were they?
All I remember is some fella from Down, who'd had a few drinks, giving everyone dogs abuse before he was 'asked' to leave.  ;D
Which was a pity, as I think he would have quite enjoyed the finale.
Maybe Down weren't actually playing and he just came along to remind Meath people that, 'The Mourne men were well able for youse fcukers!'
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mackers

Quote from: Jinxy on August 20, 2018, 10:28:55 AM

All I remember is some fella from Down, who'd had a few drinks, giving everyone dogs abuse before he was 'asked' to leave.  ;D
Maybe Down weren't actually playing and he just came along to remind Meath people that, 'The Mourne men were well able for youse fcukers!'
Down didn't play that day.  Armagh beat Wexford in the Division 1 final afterwards.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Rossfan

Winter in early this year with threads like this and your Counties' worst defeats.
Soon be time for best players not to get an All Star.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Insane Bolt on August 20, 2018, 10:04:26 AM

If you could give a score, based on the degree of theft that took place, this would win hands down. It's still mindboggling, twenty five years later.   :o

Itchy

Down in this years qualifiers, what a robbery that was

The Subbie

Quote from: mackers on August 20, 2018, 10:46:43 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 20, 2018, 10:28:55 AM

Down didn't play that day.  Armagh beat Wexford in the Division 1 final afterwards.

There was a game after ??  ;D ;D ;D

Owenmoresider

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2018, 01:00:47 AM
Connacht final 1997 Mayo v Sligo! Referee gives one minute extra time! Sligo had us on the rack. Would have lost if the proper injury time was given.
In fairness we were never really in that game until we got a goal with a minute or two to go to bring it back by two points, and then Paul Durcan landed a huge point in injury time, only for Curley to blow up almost immediately. Injury time wasn't that much of a thing back then so there was never going to be much added on. Might have nabbed a draw if the momentum continued but that's about it.

armaghniac

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on August 20, 2018, 11:02:16 AM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on August 20, 2018, 10:04:26 AM

If you could give a score, based on the degree of theft that took place, this would win hands down. It's still mindboggling, twenty five years later.   :o

Holywood star quality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-eBq6htd6I
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

thejuice

Louth should never have won the 2010 Leinster Final.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Owenmoresider on August 20, 2018, 01:42:23 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2018, 01:00:47 AM
In fairness we were never really in that game until we got a goal with a minute or two to go to bring it back by two points, and then Paul Durcan landed a huge point in injury time, only for Curley to blow up almost immediately. Injury time wasn't that much of a thing back then so there was never going to be much added on. Might have nabbed a draw if the momentum continued but that's about it.

Damn right. Like Jinxy's Meath, my Mayo deserved every win we got.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.