Dublin v Kerry All Ireland Final 2019

Started by Hereiam, August 12, 2019, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 19, 2019, 10:54:10 PM
Looking at the odds below, Dublin are shorter odds to win 8 All-Ireland SFCs in a row than Kerry are to beat them in this years final!

All-Ireland Final odds

1/6         Dublin

7/2         Kerry

When will Dublin's run end?

4/7         Dublin to win 6 All-Ireland SFCs in a row

13/8       Dublin to win 7 All-Ireland SFCs in a row

3/1         Dublin to win 8 All-Ireland SFCs in a row

6/1         Dublin to win 9 All-Ireland SFCs in a row

12/1       Dublin to win 10 All-Ireland SFCs in a row

I'm not one to cry about Dublin whatsoever but this is actually scary its a thing.

From the Bunker

If this continues, Attendances, Sponsorship, Partnerships, TV money, Corporate boxes, Jersey and merchandise sales, will all decline. You have to love RTE, the general media et al who have stuck their heads in the sand for fear of offending their sponsors. There has been a general media shut down. Brolly (the voice of the people) has his gob in the trough, brown nosing at every opportunity and totally ignoring the elephant in the room.

Will be interesting to see how the Multi-million organistaion called the GAA deals with the shortfall in revenue.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2019, 12:22:49 PM
If this continues, Attendances, Sponsorship, Partnerships, TV money, Corporate boxes, Jersey and merchandise sales, will all decline. You have to love RTE, the general media et al who have stuck their heads in the sand for fear of offending their sponsors. There has been a general media shut down. Brolly (the voice of the people) has his gob in the trough, brown nosing at every opportunity and totally ignoring the elephant in the room.

Will be interesting to see how the Multi-million organistaion called the GAA deals with the shortfall in revenue.
Pundits won't even bother talking up matches.

"I was interested in their game management after Lee Keegan's goal. I noticed that they there was a signal given and they went into a hand-passing drill back and forth to take the sting out of the game after that score. Any bit of rebellion that Mayo may have had was drained out by this couple of minutes of patient recycling. This was only the 52nd minute. The 12 points in 12 minutes is over: they have the game won and they can control the tempo and just see it out. "

Patient recycling is like watching paint dry. Punters will switch off and hurt GAA revenues.  The Dublin funding paradox.   
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

TheGreatest

Quote from: seafoid on August 20, 2019, 12:59:28 PM

"I was interested in their game management after Lee Keegan's goal. I noticed that they there was a signal given and they went into a hand-passing drill back and forth to take the sting out of the game after that score. Any bit of rebellion that Mayo may have had was drained out by this couple of minutes of patient recycling. This was only the 52nd minute. The 12 points in 12 minutes is over: they have the game won and they can control the tempo and just see it out. "

Patient recycling is like watching paint dry. Punters will switch off and hurt GAA revenues.  The Dublin funding paradox.

Its called game management. It is what is missing from the Mayo lads over the last decade.

joemamas

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 20, 2019, 01:04:55 PM

Its called game management. It is what is missing from the Mayo lads over the last decade.

Thanks Kerry for Sam.
You better set up under a new alias.

TheGreatest

Quote from: joemamas on August 20, 2019, 01:27:30 PM

Thanks Kerry for Sam.

Sure it happens in every game club and county, your winning by a bit, slow it down, hold the ball, run it, its more common sense than anything. The guy above thinks money makes the dubs do it.

joemamas

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 20, 2019, 01:33:35 PM

Thanks Kerry for Sam.

Sure it happens in every game club and county, your winning by a bit, slow it down, hold the ball, run it, its more common sense than anything. The guy above thinks money makes the dubs do it.

Thanks Kerry for sam
you are now up to 503 posts  ;D ;D

TheGreatest

Quote from: joemamas on August 20, 2019, 01:36:53 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 20, 2019, 01:33:35 PM

Thanks Kerry for Sam.

Thanks Kerry for sam
you are now up to 503 posts  ;D ;D

Please dont compare me with him. thanks.

However i agree some posters out there like @mup and @seafoid and couple of the mayo posters could possibly be him posting idiotic posts.

Blowitupref

Last two years when Dublin last took the lead in championship games.

V Wicklow - 1st minute
v Longford - 1st minute
v Laois - 19th minute (Dublin goal put them ahead)
v Donegal - 25th minute (Donegal lead up to the 22nd minute)
v Tyrone - 22nd Minute (Dublin goal put them ahead)
v Roscommon - 6th minute (dead rubber)
v Galway - 27th minute (Dublin goal put them ahead)
v Tyrone - 22nd minute

v Louth - 5th minute
v Kildare - 4th minute
v Meath - 11th minute (the first score of the game)
v Cork 18th minute
v Roscommon - 11th minute
v Tyrone - 8th minute
v Mayo 36th minute (Dublin goal put them ahead)

I think most of us will agree that Dublin are going to win this final but what might be most interesting about this match is if Kerry take the lead and how long can they hold onto that lead?

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

APM

The Mayo game was the only Championship game in the last two years where they were behind at all in the second half - and that only lasted a minute

The Hill is Blue

In 1955 Dublin reached the final as red-hot favourites against Kerry. The Dubs were a team of superstars led by Kevin Heffernan. They had hammered Meath (5-12 – 0-7) in the Leinster Final. Meath were the All Ireland champions from the previous year. Kerry won the Sam Maguire.

The Dubs should beware next week.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qD6VbvE1mIU
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

grassHarrow

2014: there was lad caught with a cam-recorder up a tree beside Fitzgerald stadium before the AI.
2019: a number of drones were seen flying over Fitzgerald stadium this week during a Kerry training sessions.
I wonder were the Air corps involved in a maneuver !!!

Rossfan

6 days out from football's biggest game of the year and there hadn't been a post since Friday!!
The ONE BIG TEAM  aided and abetted by GAA HQ has killed all interest.
As someone posted earlier, possibly on another thread - first they came for the Leinster Championship......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Zulu

I don't think that's the reason to be fair. There are very few Dublin or Kerry posters here which is the main reason there's no much discussion. I'm really looking forward to the game and think it could be a great game. Two teams with better forwards than defenders, two teams with a willingness to play an open brand of football. Yes, Dublin are likely winners and may even run out comfortable winners but I felt all year that Kerry are the team with the best shot at upsetting the Dubs and if they get on top in midfield a shock isn't out of the question. I hope Kerry go for it and see how far it gets them.

TheGreatest

Lots of talk on Res Dubs and Kerry forum, as well as Hoganstand. I would be looking closer to home as to why a lot of posters dont post on this site . . .

You are right though, its not just the biggest game this year, its the biggest game in GAA history, the two arisotocrats of the game going head to head with all out total football, one hoping to make history and cement the greatest team of all time argument, the other trying to prevent it etc.