Time to Split Dublin

Started by Dont Matter, September 22, 2013, 05:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it right that Dublin got 7 million to implement a plan to dominate the GAA World?

Yes
42 (29%)
No
103 (71%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Zulu

I would agree it's helped them but how would splitting them change anything? Why isn't the solution to reduce funding from central council a bit?

Dont Matter

Quote from: Zulu on July 27, 2014, 09:47:28 PM
I would agree it's helped them but how would splitting them change anything? Why isn't the solution to reduce funding from central council a bit?

It's won them 26 titles since 2009. It's been a decade of this level of funding, that's a decade of perfecting a system to develop talent. There's no reversing that advantage they've had over every other county. Then when you consider that the increased success level (26 titles including 2 senior All Irelands) has brought them a huge sponsorship deal from aig then there's just no way it can continue.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

larryin89

Quote from: Dont Matter on July 27, 2014, 09:31:04 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 27, 2014, 09:26:29 PM
Didn't read many posts on this thread  but if Cavan U16's can beat Dublin's U16 team then population isn't an issue but you referred to money so I presumed you thought they should be split because of money.

Well yes, don't you think this level of money has helped them?

Why does the table say second highest and lowest , why not name the county as is done in Dublins case?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

armaghniac

It isn't rocket science. There is a large young population in Dublin who can be brought into the GAA and it is entirely appropriate for the GAA to direct money there for that purpose. This will hopefully lead to a large number of people playing at a high level. But, while this investment by the GAA is warranted, it cannot be turned on the rest of the country by creating super clubs or a super country that distort the national competitions.  In the 1880s, there was a dozen counties with more than a quarter of Dublin's population, now there is one. The club is supposed to be the bedrock of the GAA, new clubs have come into existence in Dublin and boundaries have shifted, yet the county is supposed to fixed immutably for all time, it makes no sense. Regrettably some Dublin contributors have taken their cue from the Isreali government propaganda dept, with offensive comments about mental illness,  to anyone who suggests that this should not go on indefinitely.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Dont Matter

Quote from: larryin89 on July 27, 2014, 10:08:45 PM
Why does the table say second highest and lowest , why not name the county as is done in Dublins case?

The second highest and lowest county nearly always changed. I think Derry were the 2nd highest receivers for 3 or 4 of those years. Tyrone were the lowest on a couple of occasions I think. Just going on memory there. The only thing that remained constant was Dubl$n were number one on the list far ahead of anyone else.
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on July 27, 2014, 09:02:50 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 27, 2014, 07:49:06 PM
Just to further rubbish you. ( not difficult)

Cluxton
Fitzsimons
Brennan
Mc Mahon
MDMA
Flynn
Alan Brogan
Diarmuid Connolly
Bernard Brogan
Barry Cahill
Eoghan O Gara
Denis Bastic
Kevin Mc Menamon

Not one of them was in this monied system as you call it from 2005. And to cap it off from 2005-2009 the Dublin u21 team was knocked out in the first round every year. So you're actually just posting bullshit now.

I could go on and on and.............................................

;D You've been left red faced multiple times on this thread.

Weren't Fitzsimons, McMahon and McManamon through the system? Along with O'Carroll, O'Sullivan, McCarthy and the man of the match in the final Nolan?

That the Dubl$n u21's were knocked out in the first round between 05 and 09 is further prove that money is the reason for your success. The huge number of development squads began in 05, so it would take a few years for them to reach u21 age group.

You can't go on and on because you've been proven incorrect time after time on this thread and then you just ignore the facts I put before you. Yet you still come back for more humiliation.  ;D

What a muppet you truly are.

Michael Fitsimons played on the Dublin junior team. Have you looked at Kev Mac's birth cert?

I want a recognition from you that 2011 was based on 99-2003 and additional players who never saw the benefit of one iota of funding.

And considering two of them were our footballers of the year in 2011 and 2013 it really shows what a pile of rubbish you're peddling

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on July 27, 2014, 10:19:59 PM

The second highest and lowest county nearly always changed. I think Derry were the 2nd highest receivers for 3 or 4 of those years. Tyrone were the lowest on a couple of occasions I think. Just going on memory there. The only thing that remained constant was Dubl$n were number one on the list far ahead of anyone else.

You've been rightly stuffed tonight.

That Dublin u16 team is a brilliant side and if Cavan can beat them- it just shows you're talking through your arse about population and funding. Cavan have a brilliant underage structure now and it just shows what a bit of planning can do.

tiempo

Quote from: INDIANA on July 27, 2014, 10:26:40 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on July 27, 2014, 10:19:59 PM

That Dublin u16 team is a brilliant side and if Cavan can beat them- it just shows you're talking through your arse about population and funding. Cavan have a brilliant underage structure now and it just shows what a bit of planning can do.

How are the Dublin U8 development squad getting on at the minute, any klinkers in it? Or have the Aussies had their pick yet?

Mark my words Cavan won't win an USFC in the next 10 years

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on July 27, 2014, 10:24:47 PM
What a muppet you truly are.

Michael Fitsimons played on the Dublin junior team. Have you looked at Kev Mac's birth cert?

I want a recognition from you that 2011 was based on 99-2003 and additional players who never saw the benefit of one iota of funding.

And considering two of them were our footballers of the year in 2011 and 2013 it really shows what a pile of rubbish you're peddling

;D The backbone of the team came through the system, you can't just ignore them cause it doesn't suit you. You bought your two recent senior All Irelands, it's a fact, don't blame me.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on July 27, 2014, 10:26:40 PM

;D What are you on about? You've been destroyed over and over again.

Imagine what Cavan could do with funding at a similar level to Dubl$n. I've already proved that Dubl$n are only successful cause of money.
Peter Quinn

BartSimpson

Get a room you 2.

2 obnoxious fools
guwan the parish

armaghniac

Good article by Ewan McKenna on this matter in today's Sunday Business Post. His point was that if Dublin are well organised that their massive population makes it impossible for anyone else to compete.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

Quote from: armaghniac on July 27, 2014, 11:21:16 PM
Good article by Ewan McKenna on this matter in today's Sunday Business Post. His point was that if Dublin are well organised that their massive population makes it impossible for anyone else to compete.

Don't Matter's true identity has finally been revealed.

INDIANA

Quote from: armaghniac on July 27, 2014, 11:21:16 PM

Nothing by Mc Kenna is ever good. Its just the usual biased, uninteresting rubbish that he picks off various message boards.

30mog

With reference to the original question about splitting Dublin. 

You could do it the other way. Merge smaller counties into one team so all teams draw from a similar population.  However, I realise it would leave about us with a line up of Dublin, rest of Leinster, Munster, Connacht & Ulster. 

It also suggests that if one day the GAA became a professional league of say 15.  It would be 3 teams in Dublin, 3 elsewhere in Leinster and 3 in each of the other provinces.  What an awful thought?